[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (269 KB, 529x308)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
why do people who can't draw well do tutorials on youtube?
>>
>>7136487
The same reason why people who seethe about others making tutorials on youtube on 4chan's artwork/critique board.
>>
File: 1695418035665840.png (217 KB, 547x531)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
I've actually met these people personally. They tend to have a bigger ego that doesn't fit their nonexistent talent.

one of them said I have the artistic skills of an autistic teenager. no, i won't post my work
>>
>>7136492
ok, what reason is that?
>>
File: Immagine.png (1.44 MB, 1024x761)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>7136487
because their fanbase asks them to. Their style looks 'achievable' to a beginner artist, who can be intimidated by James Gurney and the old guard
>>
>>7136503
because they can
>>
>>7136487
please don't post this sort of art. I don't want to get contaminated.
>>
>>7136487
>people who can't draw well do tutorials on youtube
Because they want money.
Besides you can find Steve Huston tutorials on YouTube so it isn't all bad.
>>
>>7136487
Why is OP always a faggot?
>>
Lavendertowne... I feel a bit bad for her. I think her style is charming and if she put a lot more time/effort into each piece, she could really be great, but because of her upload schedule, she has to draw things really quickly and she gets sloppy sometimes. It really is a shame.
>>
>>7136564
She is a fucking parasite. A fucking cunt who makes money pandering to teen trannies from tumblr while she steals and "fixes" things she finds problematic. Her video about Poor Things is the worst shit ever, I wish nothing but the worst to her and her fanbase
>>
>>7136571
>"fixes" things
You hated her fixing in your art, didn't you?
>>
>>7136487
Because it's just yt content, not an actual tutorial
>>
>>7136487
Because if they could draw well they'd probably be busy with a career making art and not resorting to being an e-celeb.
>>
>>7136487
It's kind of inspiring. If you have this notion that you're going to cicada yourself and emerge one day years later as a fully formed artiste and receive your reward of audience and/or income because you've reached a level of perfect technical execution it probably won't happen that way. You could be putting out lower-grade work right now and getting engagement
>>
>>7136593
so you're just a retarded tourist. If you can't even post your work here of all places then fuck off.
>>
>>7136601
So you can react and gain (You)'s, fuck off, parasite
>>
>>7136602
fuck off, retard. You're using the resources you got from this place and can't even pyw here? leeching parasite faggot.
>>
>>7136607
I don't have 2 million subs and hundreds of thousands in ad revenue by leeching off someone's art, fuck off parasite whore, go cry about the patriarchy
>>
>>7136487
Women can get away with everything. Easy mode
>>
>>7136622
if you can’t beat her…join her?
>>
>>7136593
>>7136622
Works or GTFO
>>
>>7136622
I have never watched Ratatouille. Could you please write me a 500 word essay about the significance of the talking rat movie to the online art community? Please and thank you.
>>
>>7136630
one of the last lines of the the movie is

>The critic must face the harsh reality that the biggest pile of shit is worth more than his opinion since it actually took time and courage tomake
>>
>>7136493
Come on dude don't leave us hanging like that
>>
>>7136487
They are youtube influencers because they couldn't make it as an artist
>>
>>7136503
Mental retardation usually
>>
>>7136564
So whats the art tuber tier list?
>S: hobbyists having fun
Waffles, Milkywaes, etc.
>A: chill pros and high level amateurs
Jelarts, Chris Hong, etc.
>B: good pro teachers
Huston, Gurney, etc.
>C: good amateur teachers
Ahmed Aldoori, Rodgon, etc.
>D: good reviewers and entertainers
thefrugalcrafter, jazza, etc.
>E: good artists but shit streamers
Reiq, trent kaniuga, etc.
>TRASH: hustlers and leeches
lavender, celestia, superraedizzle, ethan becker, mohammed agbadi, etc.
>>
>>7136703
>fail as artist
>become art youtuber
>use money and audience gained from youtube to become successful artist
is this the way to go?
>>
>>7136713
I don't think so. If you can't deal with learning to draw, learning to do scripting, filming, video editing, troubleshooting and marketing good enough to have a profitable youtube channel is gonna be impossible.

Notice all these shitubers tend to be well off white girls who you can bet your ass have simps doing all the hard work for them and they just have to ramble incoherently at a microphone for 30 minutes to cash in.
>>
>>7136712
Samdoesarts is definitely D to E tier. The thing is, his stuff looks really good at first glance. And I have to admit it is better than what I could do. But there is just something so vapid/empty about it, probably because he redraws photos a lot. His art feels like it was designed to get a lot of likes on Instagram. His Youtube videos are just slop. I used to watch them, but then I realized it really is just the same thing, over and over again, pandering to the lowest common denominator. Watching him for too long makes you go insane - just the same beginner tips and jokes and phrases in every single video.

Mohammed Agbadi is trash, I agree. I do not want to be too judgemental, maybe english is not his first language, but he comes off like he has rocks for brains. He spends half a video reading out loud the opinions of other people, then puts in his stupidly obvious, shallow take. But that is what I get for watching videos about stupid art drama. Shouldn't expect much better than that, I suppose.
>>
>>7136712
>Rodgon
what happened to that nigga?
>>
File: file.png (220 KB, 718x571)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>7136712
>mohammed agbadi
funny thing is, he's actually extremely skilled too. His videos are just cringe slop and don't even focus on his own art..
>>
>>7136728
There's a lot of great artists who are trash tubers, either because their stream/video pruduction is abysmal like Reiq, or because they focus on algorithm pleasing trash instead of their art like Agbadi. Just to use the examples already mentioned.
>>
>>7136712
>Mohammed Agbadi

I miss when this geezer used to talk about art. Since D'angelo Wallace left art! Drama YouTube to get the big viewer bucks by talking about more mainstream internet drama/controversies, Agbadi thought he'd takeover in the vacuum that was left in his wake. Homeboy didn't need to though. Now his channel is about nothing but BS.
>>
>>7136503
They can't draw so they waste their time talking about drawing.
>>
where's marc brunet in this?
>>
>>7136762
Somewhere around the middle, I suppose. He has the skill, and his videos are not that annoying, but he is very beginner oriented and tends to repeat himself. Not bad, but you will outgrow him pretty quickly.
>>
>>7136764
>you will outgrow him pretty quickly
yes... some day we will stop being mid or /beg/
>>
>>7136764
>his videos are not that annoying
I used to think the explosions intro was really annoying but the joke has grown on me ngl
>>7136771
Amen!
>>
File: JUST.png (310 KB, 494x667)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>7136764
>he is very beginner oriented and tends to repeat himself. Not bad, but you will outgrow him pretty quickly
This is what happens when a beginner follows every marc brunet video. He is a literal beginner trap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SmeXqOCjWo
>>
File: 1710972383840055.png (245 KB, 503x506)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
I'd unironically take drawing like LavenderTowne or most of those meme channels over whatever /beg/ shit I'm doing right now.
>>
>>7136780
This video could be better

>didnt show current skill level
>Starts the challenge
>didnt mention how long he did the challenge

meh its hard to gauge progress when you cant see these things
>>
>>7136803
The thing with LavenderTowne is that she acts like she's in the level of Ian Beckert or Marc Brunet. Then you look at third world hobbyists like Ian Mercado or piyoasdf and ask yourself why would anyone listen to that fart huffing cunt when there's much better and much more wholesome people to watch?

If she sold herself as a humble /int/ doing art for fun she'd be D tier rather than trash. But she is trash.
>>
feminist artist and probably fat irl
>>
>>7136888
here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9dLlOkqs9E
>>
>>7136780
Ha, ha, he pissed his pants
>>
I don't even watch tutorials or any of that shit anymore. It stifles your growth and you get better tech and inspiration from watching people who actually know what their doing just draw.
>>
>>7136712
I quite like Steve Rude, Stephen Traves, and Brandon James Greer.
Pete Beard is great too, though he never talks about his own art, if he even does it, and speaks only of other historical artists/illustrators.
>>
>>7136806

tppo making it out of beg hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO0-tLBqK4c
>>
>>7136487
First time?
When you launch clip studio paint on the home page you could find tons of tutorials from artists of same calibre. If I were a beglet, I'd be impressed.
>>
if you stopped to think about whether youre good enough to teach everyone, nobody would be a teacher. are you good enough to teach a few, then get onto that.
>>
>>7137551
Lavender is not good enough to teach
>>
>52 posts
>Nobody has posted a pic of the hands they draw
>>
>>7136725
what do you mean? He pumps out almost daily.

he draws really small though and basically just a pro doodler
>>
>>7136780
says at the end that he drew with a finger all this time
>>
>>7136895
even worse she’s Jewish
>>
>>7136761
Why are people using this retarded ass argument? "No productivity" does not include me scrolling through youtube for a minute then posting it. that time means nothing
>>
Anymore good channels why no one mention kooleen or ergojosh
>>
In her defense I will say that Lavender town is pretty cute. maybe on par with Alisa Chung
>>
Pretty average bait attempts, both of you.
>>
>>7136487
Because this people either have gigantic egos and think they reached mastery over art or they are indiferent to those things and just say fuck it and try doing tutorials on the basic shit they know because it's something to do. On the other spectrum there are people with very low self esteem that have very good undestanding of art but wont start any of the projects they want to do because they think they are "not good enough".
In art like in most places you can bullshit your way to most jobs if you have enough social skills, contacts or followers. There are a ton of people working in big studios that can barely draw. Matt Braly has made one of the biggest disney shows of this generation and he is a permabeg. But he was just good enough doing his job such a nice dude that other important people in Disney offered him to pitch a show and he said fuck it and did it. Even when he was never interested in actually doing his own show.
Self esteem is almost a must if you want to compete anywhere sadly.
>>
File: pokechoo.jpg (15 KB, 225x300)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>7136487
>why do people who can't draw well do tutorials on youtube?
To be fair Lavender Towne can draw pretty well. But it's the path of the failed artist to be an art teacher.
>>
>>7136493
>one of them said I have the artistic skills of an autistic teenager
This almost sounds like a compliment
>>
>>7137788
ergojosh is good but very boring and doesn't really teach anything, he's just going over how he does stuff most of the time, and he doesn't seem to really know what he's doing more like he's just instinctively doing some stuff right.
kooleen is kinda the same but worse, her videos where she's just doing her stuff are fine but her "instructional" videos she's just throwing shit at the wall and regurgitating tutorial tidbits without going into why they work when you use them right.
>>
>>7138218
I kinda like that ergojosh keeps his blunders in his videos, seeing him struggle with the stuff he's teaching instead of just always getting it right first time reminds you practice is the key to getting good
>>
>>7136712
celestia is low beg tier but constantly talks about how hard it is to be an artist, how she constantly works, etc.

also she was crying about payment processor crackdowns but also saying that NSFW artists deserve to be banned.

>"waah paypal took my money its not fair!!!"
>"oh you drew a boob once? HAHAHAHA YOU DESERVE IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
>>
>>7138356
Yeah artists are self centered in general because art is a lonely pursuit, but celestia is aggressively narcissistic.
>>
File: file.png (1.14 MB, 1249x710)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
Is jazza a good artist?
>>
>>7138561
Of those mentioned so far he's near the bottom in artistic skill. But he's entertaining and approachable, that's why he's the most successful art content creator.
>>
My bottom tier are finance bros pretending to be art tubers.
Kelsey Rodriguez, mimimoo, mewtripled, inkwell, etc.
I was gonna throw a backhanded compliment on Celestia et al saying trash tubers are unbearable but at least they still draw instead of only selling us the dream of drawing with fake earnings gotten through sponsorships and shit. But D'Angelo Wallace and Mohammed Agbadi don't even draw. I think she deserves a slightly higher tier for that even if her art is worse.
>>
what would be the ideal channel then?
>>
>>7138600
steven zapata
>>
so qualified people that can teach not griffers or one trick ponys pretending they can teach
>>
>>7138600
For me it's FZD, level up! and Art Cafe.
>>
aww sheeit here I go
>LavenderTowne
Beglet, shit entertainer and shitty person. F tier.
>James Gurney
Total bro and master of color. S tier.
>Steve Huston
Dry but informative and high quality. A tier.
>DrawingwiffWaffles
Cute, wholesome and good. I miss her. S tier.
>Milkywaes
Didn't know her, but she's cute and draws like she worked at trigger. S tier.
>Jelarts
Cute animals, good art, dry delivery. A tier.
>Chris Hong
Really cute stylization and great colors. S tier.
>Ahmed Aldoori
Very attractive style, his draw alongs are better than his classes. A tier.
>Rodgon
Twitchy and ornery but really good cartoonist. B tier.
>TheFrugalCrafter
Hate her voice but she's much more thorough than other suppy reviewers and actually does art with them. B tier.
>Jazza
Beglet artist but great showman and seems to do anything and everything at a competent level. A tier.
>Reiq
Top tier coom artist but trash tier tuber. C tier.
>Trent Kaniuga
Doesn't remember what it was to be unemployed and is a cunt to his followers when they point this out. D tier.
>DuchessCelestia
Beglet narcissist wokie drama whore. F tier.
>Superraedizzle
Trash peddler and a beglet. F tier.
>Ethan Becker
Duchess Celestia if she could draw, but chose to draw the most awful shit. E tier.
>Mohammed Agbadi
Nigger doesn't even draw anymore. F tier.
>Samdoesart
Cute but boring and repetitive style, mediocre entertainer. C tier.
>D'Angelo Wallace.
Not an artist. F tier.
>Marc Brunet
I don't like his style but he explains shit better than others. B tier.
>Ian Mercado
Nice gaffiti meets anime style but very bad production quality. D tier.
>Poyoasdf
Cute and wholesome latina intlet. B tier.
>Steve Rude
Great art, high level instruction. A tier.
>Stephen Travers
Learn to learn focused, could be a podcast instead. C tier.
>Brandom James Greer
Fun and wholesome, nice style. A tier.
>Kooleen
Trash tutorial regurgitator. E tier.
>Ergojosh
Slightly better tutorial regurgitator. C tier.
>>
>>7136728
Remember hearing he doesn't focus on his art or make any tutorials because he doesn't feel like he's good enough to do such things.
>>
>>7138664
>Nigger doesn't even draw anymore. F tier.
you're thinking of d'angelo wallace, retard
>>
>>7138664
cont.
>Alisa Chung
Looks like she smells, her art looks like she smells. D tier.
>Kelsey Rodriguez
Fucking hate her, she's always the first result whenever I search for any art terms and her art is the most boring shit. F tier.
>Mimimoo
Cute art, wish she drew more and talked less about how to hustle. D tier.
>mewtripled
Don't really care for her art or her comic and her hustling advice isn't good either unless you're literally her, super self-centered. F tier.
>Inkwell
Loprazolam in video form. Don't even know what his art looks like. F tier.
>Steven Zapata
His art looks like AI and I find his pompous verbose scripts annoying. C tier.
>>
>>7138672
They're the same person in different bodies.
>>
>>7138669
its almost like he doesnt want to be known for his art anymore shame
>>
>>7138676
mohammed agbadi draws but he just doesn't show it anymore except on his instagram, and even then he's timid with it. he's insecure about his art.
>>
>>7138669
I can respect this more than retards like koleen and mew that larp as good artists while being beg.
>>
>>7138674
>Alisa Chung
"she" is a troon also btw. should be F tier.
>>
one thing i do respect about c*lestia is that she doesn't use her face as a marketing tool despite being pretty cute looking irl.

honestly if she did it would attract legions of simps, being an attractive young woman is VERY good for marketing and a lot of female artists earn a living 5% because of their art and 95% due to being a young attractive woman which makes you very approachable and desirable to just about everyone.
>>
>>7136487
just because you dont understand good shape language and how that is super important, doesnt mean you have to call someones art bad or say they cant draw

if you cant into shape language, maybe you are the one who cant draw desu
>>
>>7136487
>>7136487
If you actually watch her videos, you will see that she is more skilled than 99% of ic. She's perfectly capable of realism and academic drawing which is what she did in school. Just because her style is shit doesn't mean she's not one of the most skilled artists on youtube.
>>
>>7138664
>Mohammed Agbadi
Only watched a couple of this guy's videos recently, couldn't really stand it. Speaks so slow even at 1.5 speed it takes forever, and he rambles so much you can usually skip 5 minutes ahead and he'll still be on the same point.
>Kelsey Rodriguez
I've watched her a few times and really dislike her, feels like she's only in it purely for the hustle and no passion at all, also gives off that vibe of "she thinks she's super bubbly and friendly but the moment she's not the center of attention or you have any criticism of her she'll go nuclear".
>>
>>7138837
she is a parasite
>>
>>7136506
>Their style looks 'achievable' to a beginner artist
Wow I never thought about this, I believe you are correct. That used to be my thought process too when I first started and was looking at tutorials.
If the art was too good I assumed it was good advanced for me so I would look at the simplest tutorials with bad art styles because I thought it would be easier
>>
>>7138837
>she is more skilled than 99% of ic
A trained monkey is more skilled than 99% of /ic/
>>
where's knkl in this thread
>>
>>7138873
yet /ic/ preach on to get gud at drawing. Worse, when any retard can give you bull shit without them posting their work. This is bad especially for /beg/s who don't know any better.
>>
>>7136493
She meant that you were autistic and that she's scared of you.
>I got a restraining order from one of the YouTube art thoths, I'm the great artist alive!
>>
>no mention of cosmic spectrum, jess karp, bobbo andonova, marco bucci...
I guess being infamous is better than being unknown.
>>
>>7138837
>She's perfectly capable of realism and academic drawing
if that was true her stylized stuff wouldn't be so ugly.
>>
>>7139041
I think she's trying to be "uglycute" for relatability but she sucks at it.
Also "ugly is relatable" is a bullshit ideology that needs to die and I hope the Pokemon Go debacle makes at least Japanese developers stop bowing down to ESG shit.
>>
>>7138888
>Bobbo is unknown
Good, my wife's too pure for your heathen eyes
>>
File: Levandulové Město.png (505 KB, 832x473)
505 KB
505 KB PNG
>>7138837
I agree her cartoon drawings can be really nice when she takes the time, but her realism skills leave much to be desired. Ever year, she does a video where she tries to draw her character as realistically as possible and it is never quite right.
>>
BOY DO I HAVE THE CHANNEL FOR THIS THREAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9HAD164vtc
>>
>>7136712
pewdiepie
>>
>>7139442
how is it possible to get the eyes that unaligned after doing it right for half a decade? covid brain?
>>
>>7137311
>Steve Rude
10/10 artist but I can never understand what he's saying without captions.
>>
>>7139442
what the fuck
>>
>>7136571
>poor things
she was right about it; movie is pretentious bullshit that thinks it's subverting the born sexy trope only to do it in the most brain-dead way, and it fall into being the trope anyways. maybe it can benefit with a longer run time, but that shouldn't be an excuse. the writing radiates male pick-me.
but it is a good film in almost everything else. it's very pretty and creative and those that worked on it deserve praise. it's just the story that's trash.
>>7139442
2021 is the best one, only problem is that the character looks too much like her.
she can just use other people as reference for a change though, no shame in that, don't know why she didn't.
after that year she seems to overly render them without focusing on the proportions that actually help make it look realistic, so they turn out looking like weird comedic cartoon close ups you see in a spongebob episode
2017 is cute but it's just not realism lol.
>>
File: file.png (361 KB, 631x698)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
would this be a good style for a webcomic
>>
>>7139976
This is not the right thread for this. I suggest asking in the /int/ and /beg/ general.
>>
>>7139978
accidentally posted in the wrong thread mate
>>
>>7138686
Nah this is the rare case where being a troon would improve someone's status.
Being so trash and a biological female is like playing with cheat codes and still losing.
>>
>>7138561
>JAZZA RELEASE ME ILL STOP MAKING AI VIDEOS PLEASE
>too little too late shad
>>
>>7138561
Jazza is a good man.
His art is stuck in that "I grew up on newgrounds" phase, but it's got charm and soul. He's also funny, entertaining and interesting to follow.
Unlike the other one. It's like Jazza inherited all the expressive art making genes, while his brother got stuck with nothing autism and pedantry.
>>
>>7138664
This tier list is B tier.
Good enough.
>>
>>7140186
he inherited every art gene except actually being a good artist
>>
>>7138664
>no Proko
Terrible list, F tier.
>>
>>7140197
Still better than you'll ever be.
>>
>>7140204
nah
>>
File: WAIT.png (995 KB, 1824x909)
995 KB
995 KB PNG
>>7138561
He's the Bob Ross of youtube, who was also mediocre, so no.
He's someone you watch as a motivator, it's hard to describe but when someone's beg and encourages drawing and having fun despite it, it takes away that envious, jealous sensation you would have watching someone who's a fucking God at drawing disappear. It's junk food encouragement for the beginner. ie, the people who NEED to shut the fuck up and just draw.
He is absolutely not someone you should use as a reference though, and eventually you'll need to branch out to better artists you want to copy.
>>
>>7138600
mark's drawing tutorials
>>
>>7140215
Are there no draw begs out there that actually avoid watching high level artists draw because of jealousy or intimidation? Holy shit that is sad. The high level stuff is the only thing I allow myself to watch, I don't want to gutload on mediocrity.
>>
>>7136555
Vilpu has like 12 accounts with great stuff too. I'm assuming he just forgets the password
>>
>>7136487
say it with me now...
those who can't do...
teach!
>>
>>7139442
2021 is a bit of a banger desu. Stands head and shoulders above the rest.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (733 KB, 684x605)
733 KB
733 KB PNG
will this guy save us?
>>
>>7140672
He looks like yet another financebro that doesn't draw but sells tips on how to get views on instagram.
>>
>>7140498
>2021 is a bit of a banger desu
it looks uncanny as fuck
>>
>>7140327
>12
mind posting links of all these?? doesn't he only have like 1 with the goats and gesture stuff that hasn't been update in years? and all those other channels are basically just uploads of his paid videos by random faggots?
>>
>>7140202
Proko is trash.
>>
>>7140672
>gaymer lighting
Pass.
>>
>>7141016
I think the uncanniness is sort of appealing. Feels like a horror artsyle.
>>
>>7141537
It's horrid alright.
>>
>>7138356
Daily reminder, Celestia was friends with Creepshowart

These types of people attract like magnet and a plague to art in general
>>
>>7139263
ugly is cutez
it makes things look pathetic
sympathy can be a powerful emotion
>>
File: 1636965310318.jpg (264 KB, 1080x1350)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>7136487
anyone else see these type of art channel with decent followings and think "Yeah I could do that"
>>
>>7142070
cute is cutez and induces sympathy
>>
File: Fr5KML2acAAeJeV.png (331 KB, 410x608)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>7136780
kek the false confidence these faggots have lmao I coudn't even fathom posting when my art was at that level
>>
>>7142977
Nope. My mask would slip off and people would call me an asshole which I am.
>>
The beg market, which are in the "how do I hold the pencil again?" phase will always be the biggest target demography as idiots (You) overload their brains with useless information made by int artist hustlers. 90% of you can't even draw a cylinder or a circle, but your vocabulary already has things like subsurface scattering, because you watch these videos. You are so much better off with just trying to draw cylinders, balls and boxes, then try to play around with them, like stretching them out.

>>7140215
this is the best way to describe this whole phenomenon.
These people seem to be approachable, that is their entire schtick because they are usually not pro level artist, but intermediates and begs often think: yeah I could do this if I work hard and follow his advice. Even they know on some level that these people are good, but not THAT good.
Unfortunately if you really want this thing mentorship thing to work, you need to pay up for an actual pro illustrator, and most importantly be in contact with him to fix your shit, and give tips.
>>
>>7136712
You need to spend more time drawing and less time watching people talk about drawing
>>
>>7143389
t.nodraw
>>
>>7142050
tldr creepshowart, I don't wanna watch 2h whinetuber videos to find out
>>
>>7136487
People who can't do anything well do their thing on youtube. It's where dilettantes go in order to not starve. Not that it's completely useless, but truly great artists aren't filming themselves making art, they're just making art.
>>
>>7144126
Ironically video production is so much and such fiddly an effort, it's easier to learn art, if your ego can take It.
>>
>>7136487
Dunning-Kruger
>>
File: fem difficulty.jpg (132 KB, 1600x772)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>7136487
>Femoid artstyle

its a popular video, isnt it?
>>
>>7144569
Not really.
>>
>>7143297
Even then threres a million arts on the same level who actually make appealing art instead of this horrid femoid shit.
>>
>>7136487
Are cosmic spectrum and viyaura trannies or they just sound like fat faggy guys with shrunk testicles naturally?
>>
>>7145771
For you it might be ugly but for some zoomie who just starts out this looks appealing, because it also doesn't look complicated enough to be intimidating. Not to mention they do not have a good observation skill either (yet).
These content creators have their place imo, but if you want to take art seriously, then, you should aim higher. Its when you start thinking of art less as a hobby and more of a source of income, then yeah, you shouldn't stick with breadtubers.
>>
>>7136506
Kill Dozer: Origins
>>
>>7136487
Just scrape youtuber art tips, that is what I did. I did that 3 years ago.
>>7136712
Where is marc brunete samdoesarts.
>>
>>7140672
he's a paypal bootlicker so no. literally had arguments with him in the comments and when i mentioned stripe and boosty he said those are scam sites and that only paypal is trustworthy then blocked me and hid the comment.
>>
>>7148757
Faggots like that are the reason people think only drugdealers and illegals use Payoneer when it's in fact the best way to do international commissions without type exchange and microprint fee bullshit.
>>
>waahhh she sucks why is she making videos
Because why not. And if you are willing to open your mind, you will find that there's something to be learned from most any artist's works, even if they aren't pro, and even if you yourself are more skilled than they are.
>>
>>7149574
>And if you are willing to open your mind
stopped reading there.
>>
>>7149574
>just open your mind
Aah you are one of those,,,
>>
>>7149577
>>7150099
Or don't. Keep seething about some random YouTuber on /ic, that's clearly helpful.
>>
>>7142977
I think I'd start out okay, but then I'd begin dropping redpills and that would be the end of things.
>>
>>7148508
>Marco Bucci and Marc Brunet are not the same person
Who names these bots?
>>
>>7136487
The lack of self awareness among 'artists' is very real. I think it has to do with a poor visual library and inability to critically reflect
>>
>>7136895
>7 years ago
She is fat alright. Notice the slight double chin she started developing even then
>>
>>7144569
Can you exchange those awards for money?
>>
>>7136780
>Ignores Marc's videos about line quality/confidence and hierarchy
>Fails to use the information from Marc's ear tutorial
>Shows no indication of having watched his many color theory videos
>Doesn't learn a good facial "recipe"
>Fails to use color and value to draw attention to a clear focal point, which Marc tells you to do many times
>Drew from imagination instead of using reference which Marc emphasizes
this guy is giving the youtube art school (totally legit btw) a bad name
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (441 KB, 829x437)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
Can this guy save us?
>>
Watching a "teacher" that gives you a million tutorials but doesn't get you to draw is useless.
Watching a hobbyists that makes you want to draw, and fucking drawing, will make you a better artist.
>>
>>7150491
Who the fuck is this?
>>
>>7136487
Lavendertowne deserves all the hate she gets and then some. I still find people on Instagram occasionally bring her up but it's never anything positive lel
>>
>>7150707
trent
>>
>>7137776
that explains a lot
>>
>go to her youtube channel
>sort by oldest
>art 7 years ago looks exactly the same today
i think i would just kill myself at that point
>>7136758
why do i feel like i remember d'angelo being an /ic/ fag at one point?
>>
>>7151294
Once you become a youtuber you stop improving as an artist because you spend 90% of your time editing videos.
>>
>>7136487
Instead of working on your own youtube art channel, you shit on others who have achieved the level of fame and income you wish to have.
Pity.
I bet them earning $1200 a month in ad revenue for silly stupid art videos bothers you a lot.
I hope eventually you become aware of what you are doing and strive to be better. Envy and jealousy has been normalized by online lefties but but don't forget that it is obvious to others and generally not admirable.
>>
File: EG51E2kXkAAB7oN.jpg (150 KB, 1080x1080)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>7151337
>Once you become a youtuber you stop improving as an artist because you spend 90% of your time editing videos.
I noticed this with gamers and musicians too. If you want to make it into the algorithm, you can't just upload your raw work. The attention span of the youtube audience is so gutted by shorts that anything longer than 10 minutes gets scrolled past unless its been edited to appeal to the ADHD brain in some way. Plus the sheer glut of the amount of people submitting content to youtube is insane, trying to steal regular viewers from the top 50 tubers who everyone watches is a chore and a half. Tagging, timing, etc.
>>
>personal vendetta thread
>>
>>7151358
>I bet them earning $1200 a month in ad revenue for silly stupid art videos bothers you a lot.
That's $18/h calculating from a conservative 16h video production with one video a week. I know for a fact some people take up to three times as much to produce a single 10 minute video.
I make $60/h in commissions and $20/h at artist alleys, on average.
That's why people like Kelsey Rodriguez and Mohammed Agbadi don't even draw anymore and all their videos are just them talking in front of the camera. It's the only way to actually make more money as a niche youtuber than you'd make freelancing.

At least Lavender is still doing some actual work in her videos, even if it's mostly leeching off other artists.
>>
>>7151373
Yes, now, what's your personal vendetta?
>>
>>7151294
>why do i feel like i remember d'angelo being an /ic/ fag at one point?

He made a gay video about /ic/ calling it "The site worse than devaintart" going over an actually good thread while acting like an authority on the subject as if he even understood a single thing that the anons were discussing.

Naturally after this anons mindbroke him into deleting his art and never trying again.
https://warosu.org/ic/thread/3826772#p3827070
>>
>>7151337
I hate to break your bubble anon but the dead internet theory is right.
There is no such thing as "organic" growth, and most youtubers outsourced themselves, they pay for a chinese intern to cut the videos for a bag of rice.
If something is really popular there is a company backing it up. You can try it yourself with a simple e-mail check. If the person's email is @company that guy made a contract with a jews company. They give you algo boost, but in exchange you have to produce monetizeable slop. Night inc is a very notorious one, and its not that hard to see why.

Recently youtube had this 'breadcrumbs for the poor' algo trick as people noticed that channels not bound by contracts do not show up at all. So for the answer this is why you see suspiciously low viewcount videos like 50 views and whatnot on your feed.
>>
>>7136712
What's everyone's opinion on Mark Carder been watching him since I've been wanting to get into oil painting recently
>>
>>7152309
No art youtuber makes enough to play this game. Even popular gaming tubers who get 10x the views of the most popular art tubers still have to edit themselves because they can't afford an editor and they're not popular enough for their audience to tolerate slop indiaware editing.

MrBeast is not relevant to this discussion.
>>
File: _0.png (345 KB, 620x640)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>7136487
youtube is about popularity not skill
>>
>>7136506
>Their style looks 'achievable' to a beginner artist, who can be intimidated by James Gurney and the old guard
Shit that hit home. I still do this honestly.
I don't use good artists as references because I'll never be able to grasp all the amount of details and techniques employed. I guess that's why I'm still just drawing anime or cartoons.
>>
>>7152787
I'm not gonna try to copy Bernie Wrightson when I don't even know how to ink with a nib but you surely can aim higher than lavendertowne even as a /beg/, right?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.