[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Illustration21.png (606 KB, 1003x1080)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
thinking of going to my first life drawing session tonight, what should I bring? I usually just draw with pencil, pen or digital. Place just says byo materials but they have easels/tables provided.
I'll probably need a bigger sketchbook since I just have a little A5 one atm for convenience, but idk what else to take.
I've done a lot of life drawing from pictures but never in person so I don't wanna look like a dork
>>
Draw with whatever you usually use and however you usually draw. Yes, try draw on something bigger for more space, then work your way up larger. Anything you feel is limiting you will be apparent after the first session and you can upgrade from there.

You can do the quicker gestures on one page and even overlap them if you can. For the longer poses, try mark how large the pose will be at the top and bottom of the page then work between there so you don't run out of space. Easels feel pretty good for charcoal, highly recommend, but I don't have any experience with graphite.
>>
yeah

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.