[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I don't believe anyone actually enjoys the process of drawing
>>
>>7137537
I don't believe that you believe that
>>
>>7137537
what makes (you) say that, op?
>>
>>7137537
If people can enjoy the process of Cooking, or Carpentry, or Knitting, or any other hobby, why not Drawing?
>>
>>7137537
Ever heard of flow state?
>>
>>7137537
I too like to assume that the limits of my enjoyment are universal across all human beings. helps me sleep comfortably knowing that the entirety of all people who draw are lying, and that my inability to yield satisfaction from something I yearn to be capable of is moreso a problem with the world, and not me.
"cognitive dissonance"? what's that?
>>
Yeah, Retard. We can tell.
>>
also I'm trans, if that matters
>>
>>7137537
no one enjoys it 100% all the time, like most things in life there are ups and downs, the question to ask is do you find the suffering meaningful and conducive to your overall goals
>>
>>7137537
I don't believe actually anyone devoid of any creative endeavor is a real human and not a company cultural brainwashing evolved new breed of home sapiens drone, but to each his own opinion eh
>>
>>7137647
Latinx
>>
>>7137678
>I don't believe actually anyone devoid of any creative endeavor is a real human and not a company cultural brainwashing evolved new breed of home sapiens drone
surely you don't think everyone had some sort of creative aspirations pre modern companies and industrialization.
>>
>>7137685
creative is a broad term, it's not confined to drawing or art. you can be creative doing the most mundane things.
>>
>>7137696
the question remains
>>
>>7137537
I enjoyed it today because I was able to not think and be conscious and instead just leave my brain do the work for me, it felt satisfying and relaxing and the results were nice too
>>
>>7137696
>you CAN be creative doing the most mundane things
but people don't always do what they can. what reason is there to believe that most pre-modern people were creative with any degree of regularity in their lives, unlike most modern people?
>>
>>7137545
Because it's hard to make anything you would like to look at everyday or have an use if you have an ounce of self-criticism.
With cooking, you can get a tasty meal if you just follow the recipe
With carpentry, even basic-ass stool is useful in backyard or wherever
Knitting is tricky, but even simple tablecloth or coaster will look nice and have an use.
With drawing the works will look like toddler doodles until you get actually good and you won't get excited with new work for long. Comics would help getting the audience, but that's a lot of work and people like ONE are more of survivorship bias thing.
>>
>>7137539
OP refuted immediately, FPBP
>>
>>7137729
creativity arises from not having a readily available and obvious solution to your problems. if anything people had to be more creative back then without the collective knowledge of humanity available on their phone. it's a skill vital for human survival and the reason we are at the apex.
>>
File: file.png (100 KB, 242x246)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>7137537
Well that depends on the process.
Randomly doodling is fun. Drawing your favorite characters is fun. Drawing with buddies is fun. Drawing coom is fun, i think, you know I'm not sure about that, depends on how good the coom is. You can find a process that is fun. However, getting to that point isn't fun. Don't even fucking kid yourself, anyone saying they "enjoy" studying or drawing fucking boxes or spending years doing remedial shit is setting you up for misery and/or are potentially gaslighting themselves because of sunk cost fallacy.
>>
>>7137761
>it's a skill vital for human survival
sure, but that's a very particular realizaiton of creativity. as you said yourself some creativity is leisurely and some is mundane - neither of which things involve necessity. and even within that, I am sure we could find plenty of examples where one person or a small group of people were creative and figured out something not previously known but necessary for survival, and then everyone else did the same thing for years. so perhaps some necessary things involve creativity in the beginning, but then they become common place very quickly and do not in fact involve creativity for the majority.
>>
>>7137537
Gogo, you're supposed to use the straw. You're gonna get sodie all over your gi, silly!
>>
Fuck you OP. Now I want to drink some pepsi.
>>
>>7137537
painting soft flesh is the closest I'll ever get to touching it. Feel the form.
>>
>>7137537
The classic fallacy of the emotionally immature is assuming everyone is like you.
>>
>>7137780
Most honest post itt
>>
>>7137878
You have to wait until big sodiepop Sunday mate
>>
>>7138329
One thing that has always bugged me about the art world is the blatant lack of honesty.
Many artists will lie and lie to others and sometimes even themselves and I don't know why.
>>
Drawing isn't supposed to be fun . You're supposed to suffer
>>
>>7139077
>Proomptfag giving lessons about drawing
There's a million actual Homer drawings of him eating a donut and you were too lazy to find one
>>
File: 1696644809748179.jpg (210 KB, 750x725)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>7137537
Ive been drawing for 15 years, but only recently do I have fun when drawing.

I still have bad days, but when things are going "your way", you start to enjoy it.

In the past, I've had a few moments where I enjoyed that, but since I've always been limited by my skill, it was a rare occurrence.
Another way of having fun is having no expectation, and accepting all shit that you draw as part of that fun, but while my growth was student by too much pressure, someone always having fun might fall in the trap of having too little pressure.

It doesn't matter if you're a "natural" who can just notice and improve things without thinking, but if you're not, it takes a long while.

Also fuck off Gabe. Your type will never ever ever have fun.
>>
>>7137740
I thought we were talking about the process, and not the end result? You can feel your work is inadequate and still have enjoyed drawing it. So I'll stand by my comment.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.