[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: inuayyy.jpg (91 KB, 602x443)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
I know they refer to their poses and such, but how do they render the poses using hatching? BTW, I know how to render from a reference, but how to do it from imagination like mangaka do?
>>
They just do it. There's videos, watch them.
>>
>>7138422
Where did they learn it from? I can wing it, too. But I am an autist and just wanna know.
>>
>>7138429
Winging it a million times. Maybe they saw somebody else winging it in a cool way and thought "oh I'll do that". It's all practice + experimentation. There's a million and one different techniques, it's not like they learn all of them in a class or something. They just try stuff out and use what they think looks nice.
>>
>>7138450
I see. I noticed too, that their shading is very 'by the books' a lot of the time.
>>
>>7138352
retards think this is rendered well. all he did was fill his roves completely black and leave an edge of a fold with hatching. they dont conform to the light source, his motion or his body blocking said light source. the hatching on his fsce is jist random lines. they dont conform to the shape or lighting. just random lines on the cheek and sometimes just on temple or forehead for no reason. the nose ones are egregious as well. they dont imply shadow or the directionality or perspesctive. just lines on side for no reason. the water looks nice but thats due to extra shut done after digitally or toner packs.
>>
>>7138352
there is no shortcut lmao
>>
>>7138549
>the hatching on his fsce is jist random lines. they dont conform to the shape or lighting. just random lines on the cheek and sometimes just on temple or forehead for no reason. the nose ones are egregious as well. they dont imply shadow or the directionality or perspesctive. just lines on side for no reason.
holy kek my sides
>>
>>7138549
https://warosu.org/ic/thread/7062732#p7062769
you still haven't posted your work
>>
>>7138352
>How do mangaka render?
They make the sketch and then send it to their assistants to do the rendering for them. A great method!
>>
>>7138549
>efficiently and aesthetically conveys a scene
>uhhh it's actually not that good there should be more values in the guy's robe to draw your eyes away from the more important stuff going on

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.