[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3559.jpg (1.15 MB, 1878x1150)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
The crabs lied to us all along uh?
>>
>>7138588
yes, because most are doing assets and icons for phone games. but theyll be replaced with AI 'artists' soon.
>>
>>7138621
>but theyll be replaced with AI 'artists' soon.
So you Faggots have been saying for the last 4 years or so. Two Weeks has long since passed.
>>
File: ft.jpg (228 KB, 1878x1150)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
is this true
>>
>>7138631
Yes, they have a much higher chance of getting work simply because they are female. You have to be REALLY good as a male to get past that.
>>
>>7138588
I thought this was obvious
>>
>>7138624
not that retard, but mobile games are the lowest forms of slop in gaming and get popped out like hot cakes, since it can make loads of money for little to no maintenance. The amount of mobile games ad I seen using ai slop is extremely high. Same is happening with coom now, so it's expected.
>>
>>7138636
is that why you have no following or aren't hired by any studios?
>>
>>7138642
I thought most artists didn’t make a living off their art
>>
>>7138667
the starving artist meme was over exaggerated. They don't make top dollars, but enough to get by for 1st world countries. Most artist are stuck with mobile game slop icon or character portrait, very few make 6 figures from their work unless they work somewhere like riot, disney, etc.
>>
>>7138588
Yeah, they have to know the right people or go to the right schools to form such connections.
>>
>>7138706
Forming connections is the most important way to get success in any career. In fields like art and music it's even more important.
>>
>>7138631
yes
shape language is what makes someone go from beg to pro
and women have an easier time understanding shape language
it is pretty self evident fact desu
>>
File: spgh.jpg (126 KB, 1280x964)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>7138713
>>
>>7138663
Sure, but we're not hearing about lay-offs (from AI), besides a single article about a Chinese company, and who cares about them? You'd assume this would be a widespread problem by now, but it's seemingly not. At the very least, the art team is kept on to run the AI's and clean up the art, rather than being replaced, but I suspect any company that has self respect wouldn't even use it like that.
>>
>>7138690
It would be nice if people stopped constantly assuming that commercial illustration/production art is all art that exists.
>>
>>7138636
It's totally not because females are naturally superior at arts, anon. Maybe if you spent less time yankin' it....
>>
>>7138753
because that's the kind of art that actually makes you consistent amount of money. your portraits of nature or abstract painting of some bull shit won't even help keep the lights one. the odds of happening are extremely low and the time it does, it's usually from some bull shit money laundering scheme.
>>
File: IMG_1644.png (458 KB, 540x451)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>>7138803
>men when the field is male dominated
men are just better

>men when the field is female dominated
being a woman is just easier
>>
>>7138588
Of course it's fucking true. Freelancing existed long before the internet.
>>
>>7138636
At the art school i went to much less males than females applied for the entrance exams to begin with. It's not that men are worse artists or whatever. They just don't show up as much
>>
>>7138690
Funny because if you are European a mediocre wage is USA is actually a really nice wage so maybe it’s easier for europoors
>>
>>7138588
I've been saying this every time it is relevant. send your portfolio to companies.
>>
How likely is for a low int artist make a living with his art?
>>
>>7138863
Isn't that also exactly what women do? guess it's just a human thing, regardless of sex.
>>
Where are all these "thriving art freelancers"? The only ones I've seen are either 20-22 years old marvel/Shonen faggots that live on parents money or 30 something anxiety ridden females that live on fiancee or parents money, with the odd "graphic designer" thing shoved in
I don't know if in America is more feasible to at least survive with art and stuff, but here in Europe seems a 50/50 fucking pathetic parody of having a real job/lottery+ready to suck someone dick to enter into the french-belgian circuit
>>
>>7138588
Where are you getting this from and where are they citing their sources?

That being said, this is why it's important to have friends. Friends will get you jobs.
>>
>>7140896
>Friends will get you jobs
This is the main way art as a job worked since the fucking stone age, and the mental gymnastics this board of antisocial freaks does to deny it is the proof that it's 100% true
The professional fields where nothing practical is involved like art is where nepotism reign supreme, since there are literally zero hard counters to incompetence. See calarts, globohomo, ugly western manga, cripple boomer knockoff capeshit, the list goes on
>>
>>7138588
I pity you if the goal of art for you is making it a job.
>>
>>7140910
I pity the people that live this fox and grapes life where they say they do it for themselves because they're afraid to fail and go pointing at the ones that actually have the guts to risk it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.