[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anybody here seriously studied this guy? How much did you improve, compared to the other teachers / methods you studied?
>>
>>7139264
he is feel the form x10, watched his video lessons on nma
>>
>>7139264
>Has anybody here seriously studied this guy?
I read his books but I didn't improve much because I don't draw that much. Nice theory but you need to draw a lot I guess.
>>
>>7139264
Yeah there's one anon from /lsg/ who's really good and he suggested Mattesi
>>
Nearly everyone in his paid discord are permabegs it's almost scary even thinking about trying to spend 1, 2, 5 years on a single doctrine just finding schizo force connections.

Ctrl+F "anime" pulls up nearly no results which told me all I needed to know. Then I ctrl+f keywords in a server dedicated for anime animation and barely if any results recommend him. Furthermore I think >>7139738 isn't being truthful. There is no way he went through his material because there is a lot of material to cover and not that many people are graduates of his system.
>>
>>7139748
+I do know that there are people who mention his book as a recommendation in passing but again, he has a LOT of material and barely anyone is a graduate on his force website, only a few people. So the internet is full of bull shit people recommending coffee mat books that they themselves don't read.
>>
>>7139748
>>7139748
> it's almost scary even thinking about trying to spend 1, 2, 5 years
tell me you're a permabeg more without directly telling me you're a permabegfag

>Ctrl+F "anime" pulls up nearly no results which told me all I needed to know.
Faggot
>>
>>7139858

Force books make a good coffee mat don't get me wrong.
>>
File: hyrax_2.jpg (197 KB, 700x488)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>7139865
You paid $40 for a drawing book to use as coffee mat. Instead of using the /ic/ torrent. Good job.
>>
>>7139875

Why not? It sure is durable, and you can rip the pages out to use as replacement Bounty paper towels if coffee spills.
>>
File: nigga wat.png (534 KB, 1772x1144)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
>>7139748
>just finding schizo force connections.
This really is the best way to describe how he teaches drawing. It's bizarre and fascinating and totally impractical for beginners to do. Beginners should be learning proportion and form, not this shit.
>>
what are some good alternatives for learning gesture or creating poses from imagination. I tried reading his book, but it really feels like theory you apply when you already know how to draw rather than a method to draw
>>
>>7139975
Vilppuu
>>
>>7139922
It's pretty basic gesture, very similar to Vilpu. Not sure what you don't get there.
>>
>>7140181
Do you have any very basic gestures of your own you can provide as examples?
>>
>>7139748
>server dedicated for anime animation and barely if any results recommend him.
A few Japanese animators rec him like picrel.
>>
>>7140190

There are no Japanese alumni on his website. Just because they're Japanese doesn't change anything.
>>
>>7140181
No, it's more like contour drawing in a specific and idiosyncratic way

Vilppu is saner. It's just about rhythms. There's an actual difference between Mattesi and Vilppu, if you pay attention
>>
File: WIN_20240420_17_47_05_Pro.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>7140185
Sure. These are from life, quick poses, less than 5 min I think. I don't use FORCE or w/e, I'm more of a Reily with some Vilpu guy.
>>7140200
My point is it's just a slightly different take on C/S/I lines. Matessi just really pushes the C lines.
>>
>>7140249
>I don't use FORCE

That's my whole argument.

1. Nobody does
2. Those that do are lying
3. There are only a few graduates from Force website that have actually gone through all of his material while the rest are permabegs who've been there giving Mike $40/month to scribble "force" for years
4. Japanese people can suck my dick for also being lying, deceitful cunts
5. Your drawings have no "force".
>>
I've read a good deal of the force book (acquired for free) and watched a solid amount of his weekly force videos on youtube (+ also read the bridgeman anatomy books and the loomis book on heads/hands)

Been drawing for ~6 years and I feel his content is not for beginners at all, if I had tried this method when I first started id be getting nowhere quick; but as a rather advanced artist, holy fuck it helped a shit ton in sketching bodies and getting out of my head about anatomy. You have to recreate/draw along with the book (and videos) to get anything out of it then go off and do your own figure drawing sessions and apply what you learned.

To be honest, I don't care at all for the Bridgeman anatomy books, but Loomis method has some solid techniques
>>
>>7139922
I do this naturally sometimes
>>
>>7140190
which animator is that?
>>
>>7140181
>>7140249
yeah, you're not good enough to understand how insane Mike's Force philosophy is

Recommending force is like recommending terminally ill people to visit a voodoo doctor
>>
>>7140170
The drawing manual? or does he have another book?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.