[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1640150569946.png (232 KB, 506x438)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
Is it really worth reading Loomis?
>>
>>7139293
no dude. check out ethan becker and marc brunet on youtube they'll tell you all the shit you need to do and you won't have to sift through 200 pages of skull measurements and essays about drawing for magazine advertisements which hasn't been a thing for 50 years
>>
>>7139296
I hope you're not lying because reading fwap made me hate drawing
>>
>>7139293
only if you want to get good
>>
It takes around 15 minutes to read.
>>
File: 129.jpg (196 KB, 726x1050)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>7139293
if you want to draw like loomis
>>
>>7139293
>Is it really worth reading Loomis?
Yes but you're better off watching videos on YouTube and video courses from artists that read Loomis. Here's a few:
>David Finch
>Robert Marzullo
>Proko
They have YouTube channels and video courses about the Loomis method.
If you still want to read the book then why not watch someone reading the book and practicing from it? Here's a playlist:
>https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG96VXAcX7tOD79VvsnxwI9Q9QQsQP6CX&si=I5JERkeRSapBom6D
>>
>>7139729
what about brent eviston?
>>
>>7139293
no
watch sinix videos
he teaches you shape language which is more valuable than meme construction
>>
dont just read it, you gotta put it in practice too. just watching youtube videos of other people explaining it without practising the method yourself will give false confidence
>>
>>7139729
Buy an ad Stan
>>
>>7139293
All these questions in this vein have the same answer, if you want to draw like X study X and you could pick up some valuable tools in the progression of your art. Read it, don’t read it. Study it, don’t study it. I personally read and study as many as I can because there’s no telling what you’ll learn.
>>
>>7139293
Yeah, there's good info there. Obviously you can skip over stuff about sending portfolios to magazines or whatever, but all the basic fundamentals are in there in a nice condensed way.
>>
>>7139604
>because reading fwap made me hate drawing
Then don't read Loomis. Why do you need us to tell you what to think? Stop being such a mindless goon and just read another book that you do actually like, or watch a video, or anything other than asking people whether you should or shouldn't read Loomis despite not liking it. Loomis isn't to your taste, and that's fine, find something else.
>>
>>7142806
>Imagine thinking that if someone doesn't like Loomis is gmi
The delusion
>>
which book will teach me appeal and how to not draw soulless things?
>>
>>7143113
Creative Illustration
>>
>>7140360
>Mentions three artists
>But an ad, Stan
>>
>>7143113
Appeal is tantamount to talent.
You either have it or not, no guides whatsoever

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.