[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1697653823603488.jpg (222 KB, 1200x797)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
Hey, I didn't find anything addressing this in the sticky so I thought I'd make a thread instead: I am not interested in drawing myself, so I am not looking for books that teach you how to draw. Instead, what I am lookinga for are book that elaborate on things like happy lines, sad lines, how emotions of the artist can be detected in the "line" and how it was drawn etc.

As a layman I get the concept, but have a hard time seeing what people saying this refer to. Especially in drawing with humanoid characters (cause in those it's the topicality or the stance of the character that defines how it resonate with me emotionally). So I'd like some recommendations for literature that address this. Thanks in advance.
>>
damn dude tough question. everyon usually thinks in large coherent themes meant to be looked at from afar, but to render emotion from a single line? And to appeal the large public? that would be an amazing artist. Maybe the individual marks of emotion cant exist without a bigger picture to see first
>>
>>7140014
Posting again after thinking. I realized you cant have a line without a composition, or a note without a melody. I think you need a book that teaches about the purpose of an art peice, spefically the difference between a cool drawing bro and a univeraslly recognized idea that trancends words Ty for posting this made me very aware
>>
You can do this easily
To make a poorfag line make a cardboard box house in your house and pretend its your home, that you are a destitute crackhead down on his luck and pull a line
If you want to draw a grass touch line, go outside with clipboard, sit in grass, touch grass and draw a line while doing it while immersed in emotion of touching grass, etc
>>
>>7140070
I feel like the solution to being shit at art is touching grass is too simple for people to understand
>>
>>7139996
Check out the book Art Fundamentals - Theory and Practice, or something similar.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.