[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's the process to coming up with your own stylized art style for drawing characters? I'm basically /beg/ still and I'd like to just sit down and pull up a picture of a person and come up with my own own way to draw eyes, hair, etc. But I doubt this is how people actually come up with their style. Also when I try this I'm not successful and feel like I'm rushing things. What was your process to arriving at your style?
>>
This is unironically the fastest way to become perma/beg/
>>
>>7141751
draw a mug, post your work and we'll see if you are worthy of drawing your own heckin style.
>>
you develop a style by drawing a lot. you watch some tutorials about how to draw eyes, then draw eyes that way for a while. then you deviate from the process and that leads to eyes that you like more than what the original process gave you. poof, you've developed a bit of a style. once you do this enough, you start to notice these quirks in other artists and if you are really proficient you'll be able to consciously adopt those quirks for yourself.
>>
>>7141815
This. An artstyle is not a gift you get from the start, it's the reward you get as a result of actually getting good. Learn the art, then put your spin on it.
>>
>>7141753
What do you mean?
>>
>>7141751
learn fundies, practice fundies, advance fundies, expirement with fundies through the entire process, create shortcuts and exagerations and simplifications... boom style?
>>
>>7145057
learn rules before learning what bend/break based on your own tastes
>>
>>7145708
thanks for adding onto that point, i just usually put that with expirementation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.