[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (359 KB, 640x557)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>new follower notification
>its an artist worse than you
>>
>>7142947
this is what i saw for all artists among my 80k followers.
>>
>new notification
>it's a bot or some other type of grifter
why the fuck am i on social media?
>>
File: 1707511981449921.png (153 KB, 600x600)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>7142947
>new follower notification
>its an artist better and more popular than you
>>
>>7142969
>induces panic and spiraling pressure and dread that leads to you not posting for months
>artist unfollows you
>>
>>7142969
This happened to me but they unfollowed me a few days later. Probably because I didn't follow them back.
>>
>>7142947
>>7142949
>>7142950
>>7142969
>>7142974
>>7142988
Get a fucking life you sore incel losers
>>
>>7142947
"worse" artists have infinitely more interesting art than "good" artists. You can't replicate what the bad artist does, his soul is unique. As long as the intent is clear, the picture is good.
>>
>>7143036
>mass replies on 4chan
>tells others to get a life
unfollowed
>>
>>7142947
most of my followers are better than me and have more followers than me what does that mean
>>
>>7143146
You might be better than you think. Or just being followed by artists who mass-follow in order to gain followers. Some of these people like to cut how many they’re following suddenly, knowing most won’t notice and still follow them. Now they have leet follower to following ratio and can sell their shit for shekels.

Some follow a few new ones and routinely unfollows others, cycling through the sea of other artists trying to get them to follow and and engage with the plan to unfollow them shortly.

However, if those good artists aren’t the type to follow thousands or attempt to trick others into following them, then they probably genuinely like some aspect of your work. Also like >>7143129 said, it’s often the ‘best’ artists whose artwork has become sterile and predictable and uninspired whereas a lot of random amateur beginner and intermediate artists still have a lot of ‘soul’ in their work, have something somewhat original to say through their art. So good and great artists are wise to have their artistic perspective challenged and be inspired by ‘bad’ art.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.