[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: e8d.png (18 KB, 400x480)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>young artist follows me
>asks me for advice and tutorials
>I link him unhelpful DA-tier tutorials and give him platitudes that'll stunt his development
>he asks for refs
>I tell him I don't have any (I actually have 20gigs) and just to use google images
>report all the uploaded resources I can find to try to get them taken down
Who else /crab/? I'm not going to apologize, art is a zero sum game where only a small percentage of people will be able to make it. There's a finite number of industry jobs and patreon bux to milk, the less people that make it the better it is for the rest of us.
>>
>>7143018
sure, I'll take the bait. what do you gain from this? what do you do when someone bigger crabs you?
>>
you should go to bed, its a school night.
>>
>>7143018
pyw or sit on a dildo
>>
Why is the crab on the Ukrainian flag
>>
File: 156189773150.jpg (23 KB, 236x225)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>artist with less skill follows me
>engage with them and befriend them
>give him useful critiques and insightful advices
>see them grow as an artist and improve their craft
>tfw I helped an artist improve
Crabbing aint got nothing to such feeling of gratification.
>>
>>7143020
Not OP, but he states there's a finite number of jobs and patreon bux, so clearly he feels he's securing his position by removing competition.
Though I say this is all made up for laughs, because it's childishly evil.
>>
>>7143039
How old are you?
>>
>>7143018
The great Moebius did the same, actively sabotaging everyone who asked him for help. If that's not evidence crabbing is acceptable, I don't know what is. The man was a legit genius and left behind one of the most impactful legacies, influencing the look of movies, games, comics, graphic novels, illustrations, etc, all while pioneering new unique art styles.
Keep rollin' gangsta, gun down them kids.
>>
>>7143058
Oh my bad, I totally misread your post - I'm running on two hours sleep though, so I'll use that as my excuse.
>>
>>7143018
>actually telling others about your crab mentality
>risking they'll adapt it as well
Ngmi.

>>7143035
Helping others "aint got nothing" to make me better than my competition.
>>
>>7143024
kek
>>
>>7143018
You could just pointed him out towards Jazza or Ethan Becker that would stunt his growth forever.
If you're feeling real evil then point him to Proko.
>>
>>7143944
What’s wrong with Proko and Ethan Becker?
>>
>>7143035
You know what's even better? when that young artist surpasses you and help you make it.
Plenty of cases like this in Animation and Comics industry where a mentor get invited to work in cool projects by their former student.
>>
>>7143953
You're new on IC right? Welcome!
>>
>>7143953
Nothing. Beginners on ic simply suffer from acute dunning kruger effect.
>>
>>7143953
being honest, nothing really too wrong or bad about them but personally
proko's advice is solid but his work is unappealing albeit fundamentally sound, his best content is always having other artists on to draw/speak

ethan is great but every now and then his politics leak into his videos and artwork which is off-putting and feels disingenuous especially since he deletes his takes if they do poorly with a loud segment of his viewers. A lot of people hate his persona of "donchu EVAR" etc I actually loved that skit until I found out he could never really stand by it wholeheartedly incase some autists would think he was being serious, he just cares too much about the popular/right thing which also usually ends up being very far left american brainrot in his circles
>>
>>7143018
That's not crabbing that's gate keeping good work brother continue doing so only hot young women should be allowed in
>>
>>7143953
Ethan becker will actually get you into the animation industry

Which then forever sucks the artistic soul out of you.
>>
>>7143024
nothing embodies the crab more
>>
I honestly don't know what to do when someone ask for direction in art. Like I'll literally just tell them to grab a pen and draw, that's how I learned. I never had any teachers or real guidelines, just kick the ball I got and saw where it went.
But this is an awful advice so I dunno what to do when they ask me for help.
>>
>>7144873
100 missed calls from Mappa
>>
>>7143018
Nobody's who intelligent enough to make it will be fooled by this. Unless thread itself is an attempt to spread the worst advice possible and prevent networking, in which case good job.
>>
>>7144873
>Ethan becker will actually get you into the animation industry
where can see some examples of success stories who took his course?
>>
>>7143018
armature!
if you really wanna ruin them you point them to this book!
>>
File: Teehee.jpg (28 KB, 450x435)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>7143018
Here is what I do.
>Find younger artists who complain about harsh critiques from their peers and/or instructors in art class (High School, 2 Year College, 4 Year College)

>Tell them that they're artwork is amazing and they don't need to improve! They're perfect the way they are.

>Tell them to keep their own unique art style and to ignore the basics. Copying anime or tracing photos is the way to go.

>They make the next Mike and Melissa:
https://youtu.be/85V7aqcwJ3Y
>>
>>7143018
I can tell your mean op since that entire story is just about you in reference to someone that doesn't exist in your head.

You probably make >$50,000
a year.
Idk from where I stand it looks to me like you're not crabbing
you're just alone in a very mediocre bucket of similarly pedestrian concerns like "industry jobs" and "patreon bux."
I noticed: sounds like you don't direct anything
worth paying someone
to direct.
I know that makes you angry and that's because you're really dumb anon. oof
I bet you couldn't handle that nuclear engineering program and had to drop out during that 101 lecture or something.
>>
>>7143944
Proko was just born in the wrong timeline
>>
>>7146292
how much do you make? post your bank balance or BTFO
>>
>>7143018
It will be funny when he inevitably draws better than you simply because he's humble enough to ask for help and eager to learn
>>
>>7145964
Katy Cope
Wish I had her confidence to think her art is worth showing and teaching.
>>
Say hello back fellow crabs
>>
>>7143018
Me, I feel bad because they like my stuff and want to learn from me, but I went through a hell of trial and error to get where I'm at, I'm not going to spoon feed some retard zoomer and save him those nightmarish hours. The nerve to ask for advice without even offering monetary compensation, fucking zoomers bro
>>
slava ukraini my fellow crabs (V)=.=(V)
>>
>>7148388
Hello

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.