[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GLpyjh5WIAAyzPp.jpg (240 KB, 1405x1833)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
According to my friend, he did this.
But I think I've seen a very similar artist with an extremely similar style.

Is my friend tracing and art stealing?
>>
>>7143891
shit shape language
>>
>>7143891
who cares
shit on your friend for hiding hands and feet instead
>>
>>7143891
You're that goofyfucker
This guy posts here and is pretending it's his 'friend' for (You)'s
I appreciate your art man but just make a thread with all your art and ask what you can improve or something.
>>
>tldr: who cares
everyone starts by copying
- if he did 100 careful copies of very similar pinups with similar stylization in this pose he’d be able to do it from his head without a ref
- if he copied it directly from a ref and it’s a study he’s just a little earlier on his journey
- on the other side, if he combined how to make a stylized face from the things he’s internalized, and slapped this on a pose he’s drawn over and over, this would be a distant form of copying.

no one sparks work from a vacuum.
we use what we see and remember.
it’s just cool ur irl friend likes to draw too. cherish ur art friends bro, even if they’re in the [internally terrified someone will find out they’d had to use a ref and will hate them] stage. irl art friends who put pencil to paper regardless of their stage in the art journey are always cool peeps to keep.
>>
>>7143930
>make a thread with all your art
or don't. we don't need more /beg/s having their own threads, especially when they take away from perfectly good AI threads.
>>
>>7143891
Oh god, not the tracing retard crap again. We are living in the future, anon, everything and anything is for the taking. If you can use it, USE IT. Make something out of it. An idea, a shape, whatever it is, use it to do something new, and enticing.
Trace shit to hell and back, do it, and if you make something good out of it, then people will appreciate it.
Sharing is caring.
>>
that's cool and all, but what the FUCK is on her right thigh?
>>
>>7144360
A fucking tattoo. That's what's offensive, not the tracing bullshit.
I would focus on her hair though, it looks too flat and unappealing. Should be more fluffy, shapely and stylized. The curls looks like boiled octopus's tentacles.
>>
Your friend is such a god damn filthy cheater you should punch him in the mouth!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.