[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bobross.jpg (294 KB, 1379x900)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>teaches the common man how to paint easily with zero pretentious elitism
>>
>>7144473
i respect him
>>
>>7144473
> when you realize Bob *was* a brush
> nobody ever beat the devil out of him/it/they/she
I'm tired. Enjoy this mild free chuckle.
>>
>>7144473
>Got tired of creating Pvt Pyles and Pvt Jokers.
>Decided to make painters instead.
>>
>>7144473
I prefer watercolor and gouache desu
>>
>>7145019
Buy glycerin, pump it in your gouaches, follow Bob.

>>7144473
>zero pretentious elitism
His approach is not that trivial to follow either. Like, if you messes up your values, you'll get nowhere. He's openly teaching Sunday painters, but it still requires some amount of skills, a careful selection of material well-suited for his techniques and so forth.
>>
>>7144473
Kinda wish there was a modern version of him that doesn't reek of youtuber grift.
>>
>>7145159
he's uploaded on youtube, why not following along him directly? there was a knock off of him, like mimicking even his "there there" somewhere, on youtube
>>
>>7145139
Ehh, the whole point of his style was that it could be easy for anyone to do. You see videos of people who've never held a brush in their life following a bob ross tutorial, and more often than not they don't look half bad.
Of course Bob's real goal was to give you the techniques so you could freely explore your own creative avenues, so that would probably take more practice, but nothing super rigorous I would think for that specific style.
>>
>>7145458
What I meant was a version of him for the kind of art this board makes for example, not landscape oil paintings.
>>
>>7145475
>Ehh, the whole point of his style was that it could be easy for anyone to do
I'm genuinely curious to see people who have never painted before (for real, not fake videos) trying. Most beginners landscapes look shitty because there's no depth because they don't get their values right for example

>>7145503
> kind of art this board makes
Man, you're better off with simple landscape than most of what is produced in here.
>>
>>7144473
does the common man really need to paint, even in roosevelt-land?
>>
>>7144473
The Bob Ross fad died down real good, huh? I remember the Twitch streams reaching 30k - 50k views daily.
>>
>>7145536
They still do reruns on YouTube to like, 500 viewers on weekends. Chat is mostly dead beyond a few regulars and one mexican who always monologues about their autism and how much their life sucks.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.