[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (64 KB, 940x457)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
Why don't you do this, /ic/?
Just copy some modern art and sell it for $25,000.
You don't even have to know how to paint.
>>
File: 1663800822241829.png (653 KB, 980x742)
653 KB
653 KB PNG
Holy shit what a chad
>>
I don't want money, I want to bring my tulpa into real life through a paper portal.
>>
I don't want money. I just want to draw lolis getting stuffed by fat adult cock and have people praise me for how well the loli getting stuffed with fat adult cock is drawn.
>>
>>7145815
it's fake
>>
>>7145815
>A friend of mine, a highly successful and very well known painter, calls to say hello and to invite me to an opening.

>I get a great kick out of this guy because, unlike some artists I’ve met, he’s totally unpretentious.

>A few months back he invited me to come to his studio. We were standing around talking, when all of a sudden he said to me, “Do you want to see me earn twenty-five thousand dollars before lunch?” “Sure,” I said, having no idea what he meant. He picked up a large open bucket of paint and splashed some on a piece of canvas stretched on the floor.

>Then he picked up another bucket, containing a different color, and splashed some of that on the canvas. He did this four times, and it took him perhaps two minutes. When he was done, he turned to me and said, “Well, that’s it. I’ve just earned twenty-five thousand dollars. Let’s go to lunch.”

>He was smiling, but he was also absolutely serious. His point was that plenty of collectors wouldn’t know the difference between his two-minute art and the paintings he really cares about. They were just interested in buying his name.

>I’ve always felt that a lot of modern art is a con, and that the most successful painters are often better salesmen and promoters than they are artists. I sometimes wonder what would happen if collectors knew what I knew about my friend’s work that afternoon.

>The art world is so ridiculous that the revelation might even make his paintings more valuable! Not that my friend is about to risk finding out.
>>
>>7145815
>>7145967
The art world is weird - I don't hate abstract art, it actually tends to liven a room up better than figure paintings and such, but I don't see why it's so highly regarded in the art world outside of this.
>>
>>7145995
>I don't hate abstract art
why not? maybe you should, think it over.
>>
File: 1708130955903488.jpg (1.93 MB, 3644x2880)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>7145995
>it actually tends to liven a room up better than figure paintings
stinky take
>>
>>7145999
How could I hate abstract art, when I am pouring all my hate into my loathing for conceptual art? It's truly the most loathsome, skill-less, shitty, unappealing, ugly, lazy, culture destroying, fucking trash out there. I blame it for being the lead up to the state of the art world now. Fuck Conceptual art. Abstract art is so much better by comparison at least.

>>7146014
You think that would look better than an abstract painting in the sterile modern interior rooms of today?
>>
File: 1695539305242102.png (1.33 MB, 1915x1005)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>7146042
>You think that would look better than an abstract painting in the sterile modern interior rooms of today?
Oh Absolutely. There's a reason why the nude has survived from the ancient Greeks up until today, as a motif in art. Historical art, architecture, design, and everything generally looks much better than the sterile, modern stuff today
>>
He went out and acquired taste!
>>
There are not art galleries in my city.
>>
Either bullshit or he just got incredibly lucky, meeting the right person at the right time. There are art festivals all over the fucking place where artists struggle to sell shit, shit which I guarantee is more original than whatever this guy painted, for even three figure amounts. Lots of commissioners will quibble over every fucking detail, even on double digit crap, and not just go "GREAT I LOVE IT HERE'S $12,000 NO CHANGES"
>>
And who said I won't do that?
>>
>>7145815
Reddit is a site for creative writing exercises. I don't think a single thing posted there is ever real, ironically the anonymous nature of 4chan without the whole incentive of Reddit karma means people here are more likely to tell you a real story than Reddit.
>>
>>7147747
Exactly. I think the reason is not anonymity but a lack of an online ego. Everyone's voice here is disembodied so i think people are feeling less pressed to uphold a specific image, in contrast with social media. I don't take anything i read on the internet too seriously but i'm a little more likely to believe someone said something honestly on 4chan than on reddit, twitter and other bot infested social media shitholes where everything is said with ulterior motives. Regarding the op, the starving artist is a cliche for a reason.
>>
>>7147747
But what about the blatant misandry in twoxchromosomes?
You just can't pretend that such shit is the daily meal of an average sub5 male in the west.
>>
>>7145815
can i see the painting?
>>
>>7147747
cope

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.