[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It blows my mind. Drawing is a thing people are able to do, but it is just impossible to me, as if I was born blind, How are you supposed to recall so much information? how are you able to make things you are not seen it? How are you certain things you draw actually look what they do? I think I biologically lack the cerebral structures capable of it.
>>
have you tried... you know... drawing? like by yourself?
>>
>>7147612
Yes, hundreds of times I just can't do it.
>>
>>7147601
Practice more.
>I think I biologically lack the cerebral structures capable of it.
You'll develop those structures by practicing. It's not a joke. Neuroplasticity is a real thing, and ignore the retards saying you lose it.
>>
>>7147619
How can I practice "knowing how things I have never seen look like"?
>>
>>7147625
Try looking at things you haven't seen. If it's still hard then try getting glasses.
>>
>>7147601
Maybe you're one of the few people who have legit aphantasia.
>>
>>7147601
>things you are not seen it?
The grammar bot sucks I meant
>things you aren't seeing?

>>7147632
Maybe, I cannot retain semi-complex images In my mind for more than a couple seconds.
>>
as a young autistic 6 year old I would put a paper over a book cover and trace the art over and over again.

later, when tracing again, I had an epiphany. A truly spiritual moment that made drawing click.

you don't actually have to copy it exactly. If the arm is pointing up, you could turn the paper and make it point at a different angle, you can mirror an element in a different position by turning the paper over, you can even scale up or down an element by staying a certain distance from the real lines.

there are infinite permutations of the thing you study, it only takes a little creativity to realize.

After two dozen traces, I would draw the art on my own. I can't draw the exact picture again, because it's gone from visual memory. But I do remember the composition, the content and also the lessons I learned from studying it, this hasn't left me in over 20 years.
>>
>>7147647
I can at best just copy stuff, I have no idea how to make something I am not seeing. And only clear cut flat stuff like cartoons, realistic things like Anime are too complex I get lost, the angles are wrong things are different sizes and it ends up deformed and skewed.
>>
>>7147601
>>7147612
>>7147616
>>7147619
>>7147625
>>7147628
>>7147632
>>7147638
>>7147647
>>7147653
daily reminder that this schizophrenic faggot blog posts like this constantly. He isn't looking for advice, he just wants to complain schizophrenically. He will track you down and hack your paypal if you reply to him, so don't do it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.