[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Observationbooks.jpg (1.01 MB, 1536x1536)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Wanna try out some observation books here's what I got so far, any more would be appreciated. Thanks
>>
File: beg books.png (362 KB, 1147x2955)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>7148691
obligatory list
>>
>>7148912
Isn't Nicolaids recommended for those who already have a grasp on drawing? Like a second awakening...
>>
"How to draw what u see" reviews on goodreads are weird. Almost every men as well as an old lady gave the book a high score, while most young women gave it a low score and made the review more about themselves rather than the book. It convinced me to give it a try.
>>
>>7148912
Mind that those books are being evaluated by someone who is still learning how to draw, and thus *greatly* lacks perspective.

Like, 3/10 for Bargue, which is at the foundation of nearly every single modern atelier, which are, to my knowledge, all largely focused on observation.

The skill curve for example is not erratic at all: for each body part, it goes from easy to difficult. The fact that something as trivial as been missed is quite telling regarding the observation skills of our dear Pavel...

>>7148691
For the basic techniques, right side of the brain or keys to drawing should do. Once you understand how to evaluate and measure distances or angles, you can try to do a few careful Bargue plates, trying to be as accurate as you can. Apply to some casts or simple still life from life.

The trick for observation is that it's a particularly slow exercise, you really need to take a few steps back, and be really mindful of what you see and of what you draw.

Speed comes naturally with time.
>>
>>7148912
>>7149508
yeah, Pawell's evaluations are shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was he himself that was posting that image in every thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.