[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pepe-the-frog2.jpg (192 KB, 660x825)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
Be honest anon.
Have you ever felt jealousy or bitterness/resentment towards an art friend or mutual doing better than you?
Whether it be through skill or general success
>>
>>7153980
Yes
Often
>>
>>7153980
No
Never

Working harder is a way more profitable than acting like a little sissy bitch. Just sayin'.
>>
>>7153986
That's what they all say
>>
>>7153980
Not really, opposite I guess, I feel sad that they are not doing better because they so good but hold themselves back.
>>
>>7153980
friend? never
enemy? always.
>>
none of my art friends ever made it that far...
>>
>>7153980
I was a jealous of an "art friend" of mine in high school. I bullied him to suicide and now I'm here.
>>
>>7153980
Yes i did when i was a kid or teenager but i got over it by reaching a threshold of emotional maturity at which i stopped caring about what others were doing
>>
No. Why the fuck would I be anything but happy for other's success? What a gabe question.
>>
Why the fuck would I be happy for others success? They're stealing my clients and job opportunities
>>
just dont have friends. ezpz, problem solved.
>>
>>7153980
Sure, we're all human. Just don't let it consume you or dictate your decision making.
>>
>>7153987
Hate us cuz you ain't us
>>
>>7153980
Bold of you to assume I have friends. But yeah I'm prideful so I get jealous very easily.
It doesn't make me resent the person I'm jealous of though, it just makes me want to off myself for not measuring up. Then after a quick mental and emotional breakdown I renew my spirit and grind harder
>>
>>7153980

A mixture of things, but I should have just taken the L and quietly moved on to my other handle. They'll know it's me when they check my account and they're blocked anyway in the future.
>>
Yes. But my tastes in art changed. So I do not envy them anymore
>>
>>7153980
No, that's female behavior, if you are a man and you feel that, correct yourself because your feelings are wrong.
The only feelings that you should have as a man when you see another man doing well is to motivate you and inspire you to do better.
Rid yourself of feminine emotions, like envy and resentment, they are useless emotions and you need to overcome them.
>>
>>7153980
no, my real life friends do not draw, and the artists I follow are professionals
>>
>>7153987
Who? Who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojULkWEUsPs
>>
Why do anons always pretend to not have bad tendencies like this
Literally every human feels envy and resentment and any anon trying to argue that with me is seething.
>>
>>7154921
Most of life is shit people talking shit about other shit people
>>
No, never.
I also have no clue what a "mutual" is supposed to be.
>>
>>7154867
>The only feelings that you should have as a man when you see another man doing well is to motivate you and inspire you to do better.

Of course, but I'm not supposed to ignore that they're an asshole that still manages to have some success. I look at it as if that jerkwad can do it, I can do it, too.
>>
>>7153980
No never.
I was always the best irl, which sucked.I wanted to meet my peers, but never did.

>bitterness/resentment
I only feel this towards hack shit I see getting mad praise like Plastiboo or Loish, instead of actual artists, so it's not even personal. I just wish normies had some damn taste and critical thinking. Oh well.
>>
>>7153980
my life is so shit that there's more to be jealous of than art skill. I'm jealous of people who got to have nice supportive parents first of all. Drawing doesn't even make the top ten list.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.