[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

See what you can do in a set limit of time. Pic related don in about an hour and a half.
What can you do in between 1 and 2 hours? Post results here!
Get to drawin!
>>
This one was done in one hour. I hope to improve in being able to get concepts down without over thinking it too much.
>>
>>7154083
>>7154087
Cool and film-noir pilled. I salute you artist anon.
>>
>>7154090
Thank you friend. I was loosely inspired by bruce timm's work from BTAS. I like his harsh shadows and how the clothes fold. I hope to post 1 picture almost every weekday, and I hope you give it a try too. We can only go up from practice!!
>>
File: 20240503_130154.jpg (3.33 MB, 4080x3060)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
Back at it with a penxil drawing cause i was out to lunch. Not the best but digital is way easier to do than traditional. Took about 45 minutes.
Forgive the shameless bumping btw, i believe an exercise for art is much better than the endless threads of squawking, envy, ai, "how do i...", and get rich quick schemes.
>>
>>7154922
Sorry, forgot to rotate it.
>>
Back again with an hour long drawing. I always loved the jungle dinosaur and cave man pulp ideas. I also am not a fan of the current obsession with feathers on every dinosaur. I much prefer the more reptilian form for large dinosaurs. I even enjoy drawing many theropods having crocodilian lile scutes on their necks as a way to protect themselves from other theropods and aggressive mates.
>>
>>7155267
One thing i forgot to mention and would like to improve is the texture of my drawings i do not like how muddy my shading is, but im not sure i completely a fan of cell shading and similar styles either. I like how manga ink work looks but that is just a genteral statement as i dont have an exact style in mind. Not to mention that there are plenty of incredible greyscale inked western works. I suppose we shall see.
>>
This was a very quick 30 minute sketch. It is not great in its executions, as i dont know how to draw cute girls. But i do like the composition and the lighting well enough. Another hope of mine is to draw the female form with ease and without a need for ecxessive adjustments in order for the form to be usable
>>
>>7156310
Id also would like to add that the idea of this is Anon's girl is waiting for his call. Hes busy making it, but his girl is all alone missing him.
>>
File: 1700592739534597.png (682 KB, 2224x1668)
682 KB
682 KB PNG
45 min
>>
>>7156405
Nice job friend, i hope to be able to find such clean linework in such a short time. Your shading is fairly smooth too!
>>
Back again and this one took 2 hours. 1hour for the line work and the other for shading. I an really happy how this turned out, but i would like to be able to half the time it takes to produce a piece like this in due time. I used a wide variety of tools on this piece, not something i usually do. I have a stigma on using a wide variety of tools for some reason and i dont know exactly why. I guess it is because i feel that it is too complicated, just as i dont like to useing a bunch of layers.
I like those dramatic old movies if you couldnt tell, but i suppose i like the story that singular frames and movie posters can tell. S o much drama and passion in a single moment. Sometimes i feel more for that single second than an entire film!
>>
>>7157570
That's freaking amazing work anon! Done in only 2 hours on top of that? Dude you're cruising on the GMI highway at full throttle.
Keep it up man! but don't burn out.
>>
>>7156405
You really did this? This is top-tier work anon... Absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>7157579
Youre too kind, friend. I appreciate it! I'll do my best not to burn out. Right now, for several years really, ive been suffering the opposite of burn out. Like I want to draw, but i just cant get the lead out and just do it. So these have felt so relieving! But thanks for the warning, I'll keep on top of it!
>>
Back again, friends. And might I say, i have not had this much fun drawing in YEARS! How long I have wasted by simply NOT drawing?! I feel like a bit of my old self again! Back when I loved art and drawing.
Anyway, this one, if i may be honest, i did not keep track of the time. I would say maybe an hour and a half. But i had so much fun feeling the form, and hatching in the textures and everything! It is not finished, but I am so glad i started!
And yes this is the coomer meme. I always wanted to make a short comic with him, virgin, and chad duking it out in the most action packed way possible. I feel like that may be sooner that just a dream now. Good night /ic/!
>>
File: 1715035713693.png (238 KB, 904x707)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
Little over 1.5 hours.
>>7157581
Thanks, but no, that's me in the past. Drawing that way always fills me with the dread of it being a fluke afterwards.
>>7157753
Nice
>>
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 307x271)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Hey guys, just so you know - Windows has this nice little built in timer that you can find by just typing "timer" into the Start menu. It hovers on top of windows as well
>>
Back again with another sketch. My quickest yet, at only 20 minutes. I unfortunately i didnt make much time, but i didnt want to leave the day without having drawn at all.
>>7158474
Thank you friend, wonderfuly work yourself. I see that you like drawing that elven child, is she part of a project you are working on?
>>7158757
I feel like i should have known this already. Thank you for your recommendation, friend!
>>
Back again, with another half baked sketch, and it took about an hour. I am a bit frustrated i didnt get the time i wanted to really hammer out a drawing, but at least i did something i suppose.
The intent behind it was what i imagine 621 from ac6 would look like. I am not familiar with the particular enhancement augmentations and what they look like in the series, but i imagine it to be plug ins that help connect the users nervous system to their mech, hence the need for wires, especially since 621 is a type 4, an older model.
I love the game and the bosses in it, even if they give me a spanking. Im not a hardcore fromsoft player, i only have beaten the first third of bloodeborne. But ac6 is the easiest game from them ive played and the most rewarding without ripping my dick off. I think that is in large part to the 3 dimentional movement, and the missions are short. I dont have to worry about losing all my progress and currency to a cheapshot at low health, i merely have to start the mission again, and i dont have to commit hard to a build that i dont know i will like or not. It is the most fun i had playing video games in literal years. A shame i wasnt able to express that feeling through my art today.
>>
Back again with another sketch friends. This one took about 45 mins from rough concept to the shakey linework you see before you. While i am disappointed in my lack of completing projects, as I might have mentioned before, i am happy that i feel that my skills are still increasing with each project. Hopefully soon, i can grow even more confident in my lines and i can whip out drawings even faster.
This picture is based off the pixie armadillo. A short story i made along side her is that she is jealous of other fairies and pixies running around and having fun in the forrests. Her job is to be a guardian to the skiddish and stupid armadillos and other desert wildlife. In time, she gets over herself and learns to love herself and her job.
>>
Back again with another one friends. This took me about an hour and a half to get where i am.
I am getting a bit sloppy with how i manage my time. Though if i am honest, i was much too over confident in my abilities with this piece. I was thinking about having a princess mononoke style background with tree and harsh lighting and shit, and i burned through my first hour wondering if i should draw in pencil or ink tool. I would lile to learn inking, because of its striking contrast, but i like the soft transition and texture of pencil. Regardless, i chose ink as you can see. I am quite happy with theresult, but my problem is i simply dont know how to sketch with it. So maybe i lay down a fat pencil base, and then try to steady my inking skill and speed. At least i hope that works?
>>
File: mantis.png (216 KB, 847x1217)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
This is where I got in about 1:30hrs. I tend to put a lot of time into details too early which slows me down. Gotta work on getting the big picture done first.
>>
>>7162457
Great job, friend! I know exactly what you mean, as the exact same happens to me. For me, it is the want for bringing all the details forward in order to bring clarity to my piece. Alas, we got to trust thr process dont we?
>>
>>7162753
Definitely, atleast it helped me to sit 1:30hrs withouth pause. Actually went on a roll and been drawing for like 7-8hrs on several different projects today.
>>
File: 20240510_124801.jpg (2.55 MB, 4080x3060)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB JPG
Back again with another traditional sketch. It was quick at just 30 mins.
While working on this one of my problems ive had in myexperience occoured, i forgot how to draw. I dont know why, but on occasion my mind locks up and I will feel like a total beginner. So it turned into an exercise of "feeling the form." It was nice, at least i drew today.
>>7162780
Good on you friend, day like that are pure bliss!
>>
>>7156405
>>7158474
you got a blog? your stuff is super clean
>>
Back again friends with another sketch. This took about an hour and a half to get to this point.
I wanted to make a game that, I suppose was inspired by the game Dantes inferno, if only a bit. A knight would be in hell for his sins of vengeance and greed but willingly accepts his fate as he know he deserves his punishment. However, Satan attacks heaven and captures 2/3s of it including the archagels, the old testament heros and Jesus himself. Satan places a mind curse on them to serve the unholy host.
Meanwhile, the templar is free'd from his chains in hell by a little angel and they set off to free the heavens. Along the way, the meet a bishop who is also cursed to hell for commiting suicide, and accidentally murdering his unrequited love. He serve as a guide through hell and a resource manager in the knights backpack.
Just a dream game, but i love the idea of freeing your holy savior from the clutches of evil as the ultimate form of martyrdom and forgiviness.
>>
>>7165289
So, that story will require to portray am evil and deranged possesed version of angels, holy sacred figures like saints and Jesus himself? That could be "controversial", I'm in.
>>
Back again friends. This one tookabout an hour to complete. While i am not a fan of my skill, or lack there of, I am happy about the sort of flowthat i have developed for myself. Extra rough sketch to start, then semi clean sketch to feel out the form and such, inks as i want to learn inking despite my lack of skill for it, and finally shading.
>>7165297
I appreciate the enthusiasm, friend! I wouldnt be suprised if people would find the idea of slaying heros of the bible to be a bit off. I might as a believer, myself. That being said, the logic is since the soul is eternal, to kill heavenly figure who is cursed would be to free their soul from it and send them back to paradise. The knight would be disheartened for slaying of good people, but realizes that in order to be merciful, it must be done. I think it would be cool to pick up an artifact from each of these heroic boss fights too, such as getting samson's jawbone club and david's sling and use them to slay demons and sinners while freeing the heavenly host (with violence.) I would like to add that the jesus boss fight would be a fake out. Since Jesus is sinless, and the curse causes one to follow the whims of evil, it would cause jesus to stay in a frozen state, unable to anything. Satan would not have any problem in this, as it keeps his adversary out of his way. When you go to "fight" Jesus ,you would slay him in one hit. Kind of like when he was speared during his cruxafiction. This will bring forth a disgusted Satan, and the real final boss fight would begin!
>>
Back again friends. This one took me an hour. However, I plan on working on it some more tomorrow. Hopefully i can fix his face. Most of my time was spent on it and i am still unsatisfied with it. I want to really hone in on a souless gaze, but i am not quite there. We shall see!
>>
>>7166628
There's some talking about the fact that the "God of War" series of games may have that same issue. Kratos already went against the greek, roman, and nordic gods. Can they do the same with christian figures, or hindu, or islam?

About the issue, if the sacred figure of christ, or whatever angel or saint may be, is trapped and possessed inside a physical representation, that would be like idolatry, that blasphemous thing must be destroyed, and the enslaved spirit liberated. So you should be allowed to fight that idol representation and crush it to pieces with righteous violence. That could be a way out to solve the "political issue". I bet these are the kind of conversations that must be happening in the directive board of those companies making games, with a team of lawyers and theosophical experts LMAO.
>>
Back again friends. This one took 35 minutes to make. I am very happy with how this came out.
Recently, i had seen one of you in a progress thread claiming to toss out a very well done 20 minute sketch. To say i was impressed was to say the least! It only showed how much more i need to grow as an artist. While i think i can draw some subjects reasonably well, i always take a devistating amount of time to get there. So much time wasted on the little details that only matter to me, the artist. I hope in doing this exercise everyday, i become more confident and accurate in my choices. So to make a reasonable with even a slight bavkground made me feel quite proud!
>>7167463
That is a good solution if it must come down to it. If i could, however, i would try to have it be that the player does "kill" them. (Once killed they will turn to ash and blow away back to their chosen destination. For the blessed that would be at heaven's gate, and the damned would emerge from the eternal lake of fire. I think this would allow for the player to feel righteous resentment especially if each holy boss gives an attaboy to the knight once they are killed. The game ultrakill allowed the player to feel a kind of kinship with the souls of hell, and i want something similar, and especially a parallel resentment to the archangel at the end, with satan!
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (491 KB, 1896x982)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
Hello again friends. In this challenge, I have learned to accept some things for the way they are. A confession i must make, is that I have been commissioned to create monsters (my favorite thing to draw) but my indecisiveness has led me to stall finishing these for months now. While at the moment the work i am doing is for free, i am disgusted by my lack of progess and, at times, skill. In pic rel, the left head has been bothering me FOREVER. I just couldnt properly attach it to the rest of the worm. However, i gave myself an hour to simply do the best i could with the placement and called it done when the hour was over. Now i have to clean up the piece and move on the next part. Perhaps the commissioner can find someone to perfect it? But thats okay, im still learning and will get better. No exercise today, just an hour on this.
>>
>>7169558
BASED Krita chad
>>
File: 20240517_151755.jpg (2.22 MB, 4080x3060)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
Back again wit another sketch. 25 mins for this one. Pic inspiration: https://youtu.be/eAiVgLgSdu0?si=QJtt21vFuV888A7O
How odd that someone so against ai would be inspired by it. I must grapple with the feeling of it. Lol!
>>7169565
Thank you friend. I have never been called based nor a chad before! But yes bless the folks behind krita, as i would not recomment any other free art program so highly!
>>
Selfish bump
>>
Back again friends. Technically was working for an hour, but after trying to draw a couple things, i settled on this with about 30 mins left.
I did not like how this turned out, anatomy or pose. But i do like how the face and hair turned out. I like the hulk a lot. Always have since i was a kid. I like the benevolent creature to rampaging monster contrast of him much like the iron giant in a way. Perhaps i can draw him again and feel better about how i drew him.
>>
Back again friends this on took about 30 mins. I have been tired of work as of late, so forgive my lack of progress. It was fun drawing this though!
I havent seen the last 2 planet of the apes movies but i have seen the first 2 of the reboot. I very much liked them. They are some of the last films i seen with my mom in theatre, and shes always fun to go with. What are your thoughts on them?
>>
>>7173906
This one is really cool. It could perfectly be a sticker.
>>
Back again friends. This one took me about 40 mins to make.
A thought occured to me as i drew today. Perhaps i am not yet ready for shorter time attacks. I want to take a bit more time to get in the weeds of learning technique instead of rushing through my drawings. I hardly ever get to the inking process when i do any time attacks shorter than an hour. Hmmm. What to do.
That being said, i am much happier with the scale of lights and darks compared to >>7168395 this one i made a few days ago. I think it is far mor readable from the thumbnail and "feels" more correct. So i suppose there is that!
>>7174328
Thank you friend! I very much appreciate that.
>>
>>7174866
Nice work anon. 40 mins to make that is amazing. Are you a religious person?
>>
Back again friends. This one took 30 mins. I had a lot of fun making the stone texture and the volcano in the back. However i feel the foreground is quite plain and it is hard to tel that the olmec is in a pool of water. Still, i had a lot of fun.
>>7174969
Thank you friend, that means a lot. To answer your question, I like to think of myself as such, but i suppose a more honest answer is that, I try to be. :P
What about you?
>>
>>7176223
>What about you?
I was raised a christian catholic. I consider myself a christian person, but honestly, not a religious man. Every time I see a person that clearly express religious or christian values, in a place like this, I mean, it makes me wonder how they conciliate their moral values with the nastiness and almost satanic vibes oozing from this site.
>>
Back again friends. This sketch took 35 mins to make. I suppose the objective was to purposely make an awkward pose and see how my skill would get me through. It seems i am lacking in knowledge in regards to the foreshortening of the legs in a knee emphasized pose and i dont particularly know how the arm looks when raised above the head such as to club something down. I felt that i needed to forus on the face too, which ate up a lot of my time. I know a particular meme of "constructoids" have developed here, but if i dont know how the body works in its entirety, i get results like this! I cant always guess and make work things i dont understand, you know? Oh well, I did not want to draw at all today, but i feel like i am accomplishing something by keeping the thread alive. To express anonamously has a kind of feeling to it that i cannot describe but do enjoy.
>>7176333
I'll be honest friend, I'm not sure that I have the answer youre looking for. Though I try my best to be a good person, i have many unfortunate flaws in my character. I have a persistant porn addiction, and i can easily eat enough for two adults. I am prone to hatred and anger under some circumstance, while sheepish and cowardly in others. And even here i get more than upset at the occasional dimwhitted anon (often thats me too.) Not to sound corny, but I have experienced things that I cannot explain, and so I feel I must try, that includes ditching my addictions and becoming something He and my loved ones can be proud of.
I suppose to really answer your question is this, there is a lot of horrible things done and said here, but there is near literal pearls in this pig pen as well. To not only find them and use them is worth it, at least for now. In fact, being here is the reason why I started the challenge. If i want to get better, i must draw. It may seem obvious, but sometimes we need a sign of some kind right?
>>
>>7177257
Thanks for the reply anon. Well, maybe this site ain't that bad after all. You're making good use of it. Keep up the good work fren. Always nice to see someone posting his work.
>>
File: 20240524_212848.jpg (2.04 MB, 4080x3060)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
Back again friends. I drew this last night but was too tired to post it. It took 45 mins to draw.
I had fun drawing this. I based it off of a cat video my gf showed me. The anatomy is atrocious, but the flow is my favorite part.
>>7177283
Remember, its the kinship we find that makes places like this hospitable. Good luck on your journey as well friend!
>>
Fuck i keep forgetting the tilt thing. Heres a worse quality but more correctly aligned version.
>>
Another shameless bump because i feel like im on my own schizo thread. Will post later tonight.
>>
>>7179852
That's fine anon, threads like this must be protected. Fortunately there are quite a bunch of anons posting their work lately, but still, it is a rarity that must be appreciated.
>>
Back again friends, this one took 45 mins. Not much to say, just a lanky lazy farmhand elf. It was fun creating him. My hands are rather shakey when it comes to traditional work. Its part of the reasons why i mostly draw digital work. But my hand was steady today so im happy.
>>7179852
Thank you friend. Well thats good to hear, good on them!
>>
>>7179928
Sorry friend, this was meant for you
>>7180312
>>
bump
>>
Back again firends, this one took me an hour to finish.
I very much love dinosaurs. There is a certain mystique to their primitive nature and robust figures. Perhaps what i like most is they function as ancient beasts that we never will know or see truely, and exist only through our imagination. On an unrelated note, i always have hated oviraptors. Lol something about how sniveling they seemted with their gangly appearance and those two silly fangs in their mouth. Dont mind other potential egg theif species nearly as much either. A strange stigma, i know.
>>7181352
Thank you friend, that was very nice of you! Dont be afraid to post your own time attack works either!
>>
Back again friends. This pic took an hour to make.
Where to even start? At a glance, i am happy with how this came out. Emphasis on "at a glance." I like the over all shape and composition of this piece. I was happy with the face, it is hansome and not over done as i tend to do. The hair wasnt too bad either, and my hand was only slightly shakey while inking. For a guy that doesnt normally like drawing legs and shoes, i feel pretty good abot those too.
That being said, the anatomy is atrocious, and it is a shame because i know how to draw a male torso. Perhaps i need to go back to practicing, and dont get me started on those arms and hands! Perhaps i will post on the /beg/ thread and see if a kind anon will redline me.
>>
Back again friends with another sketch. This one took 30 mins to draw.
I must admit, it is honestly more akin to desperately drawing something than anything. I am very tired, and i think i my eating habits are the culprit to it. I hope you can forgive me friends, starting next week, i will try not to constantly be racing against the clock, and rather take my studoes more seriously. I would also like to thank the anon in the beg thread for cleaning up yesterdays drawing. It was humbling experience and i wish to get at least as good as him in the future. Cheers.
>>
Back again friends. After some good rest. I felt a lot better. And here this one took 1 & 1/2 hours.
I believe the reason it took so long,(as most of it was done in the first hour) was indecision. I did not know what i wanted out of the skirt, in particular. Only in hind sight do i realize what the skirt would do in that position. I tried to make her slightly crossing her legs, is that communicated well? Perhaps i could have fixed her lower foot at an angle that would have better demonstrated this. This was fun though, i dont draw women well too often so im glad how this turned out.
On another note, i love clowns! I have always loved them ever since i was a child. I never found them scary, though i did not see IT as a clown either. The just seem like silly people that want to make a better place with their goofiness, and i love em for it. Happy, sad, hobo, pretty, i think they're neat!
>>
Back again friends. This drawing took an hour, though to be honest, it took me a while just to come up with the idea to actually draw, so really it was more lile 45 mins.
This is my 30 drawing friends! Im really excited for this milestone. Unfortunately, the hdmi to my laptop is busted so i cannot draw on my tablet as i wanted to. So i will continue to be working traditionally until it is fixed. Oh well, at least i can still draw!
>>
>>7182274
Great face expression.
>>7185550
This is quite ambitious, yet you go for it. Good stuff anon.
>>
File: witchysketchy.png (499 KB, 1106x1560)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
>>7184465
>>
Back again friends. I must admit, tgis took me some 2 hours to do. And it isnt even finished!
As i have come to find, as with many of the ills of my life it came down to indecision. I wanted this really cool mix of samus armor, the robots from the movie chappie, and the tv robot from FLCL. And while i am happy with the helmet, glove, and tripod midsection, i find the chestplate bland and the pelvis confusing. Im not too mad though, im not great with machinery anyway, i just need more practice.
>>7186542
Thank you friend! Your kind words mean a lot to me. We got to keep doing our best! I would love to see your work too!
>>7186754
Great job friend! I admire your skill with inking, it seems so effortless! How long did it take you to make this piece, and how would you compare it to your average drawing?
>>
>>7154083
are you including the time it takes to work up the willpower to draw, the time it takes to think of something to draw, and the time it takes to find references? 1 hour is not enough enough time for me to find a subject worth drawing
>>
>>7188231
Hello friend, its not a strict rule, because some of the drawings i posted made as a result on burning time coming up with concepts to draw, sketching, and then starting over. I believe it is more about just getting your drawing exercise in for a day for a short period of time rather than not drawing at all. Have fun! Draw badly, draw from imagination, draw a reference image. Dont think too hard, just draw!
>>
Back again friends, this one took me 1 hour to complete.
I suppose you would call her an oc of sorts. Really, i get so hung up about drawing my own characters because i want them to be perfect in every sense. And when i draw them, they do not live up to my expectation. However, since taking the time attack challenge, i feel i can just accept things i cannot change, mainly my skill, and actually draw. I had fun trying a couple of new things too. I dont usually do clothing wrinkles cause they dont make much sense to me, but here they dont look too bad! Her design is loosely based off of Launch from dragonball. Just a sort of adventurous attire.
She is part of a pair of protagonists for a story I'd like to make in the future. If you'd care to partake in my ramblings, heres a bit about her.
In the near future of 2004, mankind has recently discovered space travel and is following its steady destiny of conquring the solar system. Venus, as it turns out, was not a molten wasteland, but a hot terribly humid planet ruled by dinosaurs! How? Because! Dr. Belle Onde is a fresh graduate of Venian Biology and is on her way to the planet to study the wildlife and assist the human colonies of Venus in how to manuver through the delicate and dangerous ecosystems.
She presents herself as a professional, but is quick to fluster. While she loves nature and isnt afraid to get her hands dirty, she adores being pampered and can get squeemish around crawlies. She is a snob around her appointed guide and bodyguard, Bruce, but is always quick to help in anyway she can, whether it is medical assistance or a bit of team work. Maybe I'll draw him tomorrow and post abit more! Or not. We'll see lol
>>
File: adventure.png (338 KB, 580x1225)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>7187998
little over half n hour but one thing to note is it's a lot quicker when you have a reference or off shooting what someone else did, plus I didn't use any guidelines so my proportions are off. Keep it up, slow is smooth and with repetitions, smooth is fast

>>7189306
~19 min
>>
>>7156310
Gives me Tim Burton vibes. Albeit not cute, I think this style could work if that's what you're going for.
>>
Back again friends, and i did end up drawing the other oc, Bruce. He took about an hour, i admit i didnt keep hard track today.
His design is loosely based off of the 2008 turok game, a personal favorite game of mine. Please forgive some of his more choppy bits okay? Lol
Anyway, Bruce Nette is a grunt of the space core. He is short tempered but also quick to ease as he hates to be seen as a fool. Always available for a good time and has heart that bleeds for adventure. It is the biggest reason he signed up to go to Venus in the first place. Mars is a safe, barren, mining colony, with nothing particularly interesting to explore. But Venus? There was jungle and danger at ever turn. He doesnt hate dinosaurs per se. But he has seen some of the people at the research camp he works at become unrecognisable, or worse.
He finds Belle to be a nag but is charmed by her ability to see the world with wonder. It lights his adventurous spirit and he is willing to anything to to keep it burning.
>>7189327
That makes sense, still though, the confidence and preciseness you wield is very admirable! Cheers!
>>7189409
I guess if i were to be honest friend, i dont know what im going for! I want to create so many different things in so many different ways it drives me up the wall! I guess while my computer is getting repaired ill just stick to learning how to ink for now.
>>
File: inkto.jpg (63 KB, 520x718)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
When I do Inktober I try to be quick, can take 5 minutes to 20 like pic related or 4 hours one time.
>>
Back again friends, this one took me an hour to create it and im quite excited with how it came out! It was a clear image out of my head so i felt pretty good through and through. Though i wonder if i did well enough on the fur.
>>7190568
How fun! Youre great at shading and i love the concept. Great job!
>>
Back again friends. This one took me an hour to make, though I intended for it to be 30 mins.
My goodness where to begin. During the sketching and inking pjhase, I was quite happy with how everything was turning out. Excited even! However the hadrosaur felt very flat and i wanted it to be bolder. Withought thinking, i took out my biggest matker and ruined it! I doint know how to feel oher than learning to make such changes in markers size much much more gradual. Oh well.
>>
>>7192357
looks good anon
this might be of interest to you
https://online-courses.club/inking-phase-i/
>>
Back again friends. This onw took me an hour and a half. I dont know while it took me so long, maybe i didnt strictly time myself like the others, rather i just drew at my own pace. Still gotta get a steady hand on my inking. Anyway, i like domestic animals. Something about these soft easy going creatures helping their masters along is sweet to me.
>>7192374
Ah it might just be friend! Thank you so much! Ill have to get a go ahead on it to finish 40 hours of the stuff! Lol
>>
>>7192842
Sorry forgot to post my image!
>>
Shameless bump today boys, its a beach day!
>>
>>7191369
>>7192357
These are really cool
>>
Back again boys, i didnt keep good track but i would say 45 mins.
I like how bold everything came out, even if i felt i could have done better with other things such as the anatomy and face in particular. Sorry it is not complete, but i am glad i drew today. It will be a busy week, so i will do my best to stay commited!
>>7194582
Thank you kindly friend!
>>
>>7195355
Keep forgetting to add the image!
>>
Bump
>>
Sorry fellas, i got 2 birthdays and a surgery going on this week. Hopefully ill get to drawing soon
>>
>>7197591
Don't worry fren, we will watch your thread. Take care of your business. Get well, stay strong.
>>
Back again friends, I had a moment of respite to draw today. This took me an hour and a half to finish.
I was never really a fan of elves. Dont know why, suppose it was because of the Tolkien interpretation of them where they are angelic and superior to the other races in everyway. I dunno just seemed like an eye roller. Lol
That being said, they are fun to draw! I had a lot of fun exaggurating her form and trying to make her as lithe as possible. Forgive me, as I am sure some elven conosuers will find her anatomy to be too masculine, and that is a fair critique. In trying to make her unusually long, i found it difficult to maintane her femininity, particularly in her shoulder structure.
But oh boy! I am so excited on how well i had made her clothes. I never was great at fabric, but this is some of the best I made in a good minute, and that inkwork! Sorry, enough backpats, it was just good to draw today. Tomorrow is surgery day, my mom's not mine, forgive me for not clarifying.
>>7197594
Thank you for watching out for me, friend, youre wonderful!
>>
>>7198822
This one is amazing anon. Even more than the clothes, the pose. Her torso, her hips and legs look too damn good.
>>
Back again friends! My mom surgery went well and she is on her way to getting better.
This one took an hour and a half.
Most of the time was correcting the pose and anatomy to an acceptable degree. I suppose my hope was to attempt a pose that was a little bit more complex than just standing, and have the figure interacting with something. I know its still pretty beg, not to mention the horrible attempt at the m1 garand, but i am happy i committed to the pose and kept at it until i was done.
>>7199158
Youre so kind friend! I very much appreciate you!
>>
>>7199681
Geez, when will i learn?
>>
Back again friends. This one took me an hour and a half to finish.
I am happy with the challenge of the pose, athough i will accept that it could have more polishing. I got exhausted from drawing this, if i may be honest. It took too long to finish the sketch, my hand was not steady when inking, and in attempting to hatch, i made the illistration worse than without. Oh well, just another day of training. Lets go boys!
>>
>>7199682
Great character expression. Cool guy.
>>7200478
Excellent figure anatomy, she in particular. Everything looks great on her body, and her face is beautiful. Well done.
>>
Back again friends. Ifyou can believe it, this took me 2 hours just to get here.
I was trying to have a bit of fun with some extreme foreshortening but i ended up exhausted. Perhaps i should take a break from drawing the new things im not used to. I am happy with the anatomy of the arms tho, so theres that. Lol
>>7201699
Why thank you kindly friend. I needed to hear that. Lol
>>
Back again friends, this one was a quick 30 mins. I wanted to get at least a drawing done today. I am thankful for having drawn poorly than having not drawn at all.
>>
Bavk again friends. This one took an hour and a half.
Today i unlocked an inking techique that allowed for the texturing of the tortoise shell. That felt pretty good. I slightly zoomed in the image, but i was suprised how much of the paper was left blank. Oh well, today felt pretty good
>>
Back again friends. This one took me 2 hours to do. I wanted to focus more on the drawing aspect today rather than inking.
Its strange, i always think my art llos pretty good when im in the weeds of it, and its only when im done do i see all its flaws. I was attempting to make an adolecent or a child, but it seems like and put a muscular body with a childs head! I tried to thin out the arms but it feels like they are too thin when i do. Feel pretty good about what i got done in the dress tho. The hair isnt too bad either. Feels good, man!
>>
Back again friends. This one took me an hour to get here. I have been wanting to make a short horror story where you follow a very normal, extra 'ordinary' man who is afraid of a little girl's gaze. My first attempt at creating this man was here >>7167388 but i was severely disapponted with how he looked. While not perfect i find him to feel much more off putting in todays drawing and not from the splatter on his cheek. Feels weird having to know how to draw muscular arms but finding normal, undefined arms a bit difficult. But i feel pretty good about the drawing through and through!
>>
>>7205815
really cute face here
>>
Back again friends. I messed up and goofed off all day. Couldnt end my day without drawing so heres 30 mins of work. She was pretty fun to draw even if shes a little stiff. Maybe a step towards a consistant style as i like her face. Well see.
>>7206814
Hey thanks friend! I thought i did an okay job too lol!
>>
File: woman bar-1.png (2.15 MB, 1275x1650)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
Back again friends this one took an hour to draw.
My tablet is fixed at the moment for reasons i dont understand. But i am not mad at it. In fact i wanted to test my skills and how they might have improved since I had switch to traditional. I am increasingly proud of how i draw womens faces and this picture is reason for this. I like the simplicity of the face while still communicating a seductive and appealing look.
I am not too sure on the rest of the anatomy, even i dont feel too bad about it. She maybe a bit too muscular in the shoulders. I think i will post on the /beg/ thread to see if an anon can show me how close or far i was. I was also trying to draw the natural forms of the female near the crotch, not... what might seem like or than a fupa. I apologize for that lol
>>
Back again friends. Tgis one took 45 mins to make.
You know what i have noticed? I feel good while drawing and feel lime the picture is turning out well in the process, but when it is over and i have the "post drawing clarity," i find all the things i dont like about it. I must confess that i have not done actual studies in a long time. The reason being is that i want to be able to draw from imagination alone. I dont want to end up like Rockwell, god rest his soul, where i can draw but only when a reference is in front of me. I feel blessed for my current skill, but i would like to be better, especially when i have drawn pictures that felt so amazing to me, and when i try to replicate the style or even the drawing, or anything, that is what it feels like i am making, a cheap replica. Forgive my belly achin. I know i habe to trust the process and draw more, but i wish i had a consistant skill and didnt go from decent to dog crap in such a volitile leaps
>>
>>7210191
So you did this one. I saw it in the /beg thread, that head-face is amazing. I hope to see more of her. Nice work anon.
>>
>>7206736
im really a fan of this one
the pot belly ties it together
>>
File: donk ong-1.png (527 KB, 1275x1650)
527 KB
527 KB PNG
Back again friends, this one took me 45 mins to make.
I am a fan of donkey kong in general, but i am a particular fan of the old gameboy donkey kong game which newer titles call, mario vs donkey kong. I loved the worlds and designs of characters with the limitations of the time. I have not played mario vs dk, and only have watched a couple play throughs, but i sort of miss the stylistic charm of the original. I dont want to sound like a nostalgia hound, but everything from the backgrounds, the music, to even how mario died just seemed more charming. Anyway, that being said, i still like the most common dk design a lot too, epecially when they ramp up his expressions. Hes just a fun character in general.
>>7211484
Thank you friend, she is simply a means of practice and not a perminant oc, but i love her facial features too, and hopefully will incorperate them more in other drawings!
>>7211722
friend, forgive me if i sound a bit strange, but i feel proud in knowing that someone thought the exact same thing i did when making a bit of pudge on him. It was a necessary part. Lol!
>>
File: sheriff 6 of em-1.png (1017 KB, 1275x1650)
1017 KB
1017 KB PNG
Back again friends. This one has been my longest drawing yet. A very slow and steady 3 hours.
I really, really want to finish this drawing. She is one of my oldest ocs and one of the 6 protagonists in a comic i would like to create. Funny, for all the time ive been thinking of this story, some decade in fact, i never even gave her a name! How about...Alice! That sounds like a girl name for Ace, right? All this time ive been calling her sheriff, because thats her role in my story.
She is a military police officer who served for a walled city called The Garden. However, after getting too deep in the underbelly of the cities criminals she was banished to the outside, the wasteland. The official ruling of her fate is that she has been moved to "wasteland peacekeeping" a psuedo-charity job where the description is she tries to help the down trodden mutants that scrape by in the outside. But really, its just a life sentence that few ever come back from. Those that have had done so through improving the lives of the outside greatly (supposedly) and she hopes to do the same with the help of 5 other companions along the way.
It really is a cape story with a different coat of paint but i think itll be fun to make. I just didnt realize how daunting it would be if this single drawing took me 3whole hours, just to get where i am! I gotta get a move on or ill die before finishing the first chapter! Lol
>>
File: MUTANT WARFARE.jpg (272 KB, 760x754)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>7213552
Hey anon, I did something for you. I was hesitant to do it, because I usually do unhinged coom animations, I didn't wanted to taint your ideas with my filthy hands. But, what the hell, I do it with good intentions. it was fun, and it may keep you motivated. You can check the loop animation here (don't miss the invisible arrow play button) Click on [embed] and it will play, click on the file link and you will save it so you can have it
>>>/f/3509488
>>>/f/3509488
>>>/f/3509488
>>
File: sheriff 6 of em-2.png (322 KB, 1275x1650)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
Back again friends! After another 1 and a half hours i have finished the line art!
I feel really good having finished a drawing like this, as normally i would have given up for taking too long and losing interest. But not today! I might go even further and make a background too. We'll see!
>>7214214
Dear friend, if only you knew how grateful I am that you made this. I have been a fan of yours since you posted the native american animation some months ago. Your speed and skill always amaze me, not to mention when there is a little animation attatched, it gets me going that anons like you are really putting your skills to work. Thank you kindly for this gift. In fact, i might not have finished this part today, were it not for this. If you have any ocs of yours you would like for me to draw in return, postem and I will do my best to return the favor. Though keep in mind, I'm still learning and far from a competent coom artist lol
>>
>>7214404
>Dear friend..
Oh wow, lol. Thank you so much anon. I'm glad it boosted your motivation. Honestly that's why I did it. Once in a while you come across anons with real projects in mind, and most of them probably will never get to do those projects, for so many reasons. But maybe, just maybe, if some little piece of that project comes to life, then, that could trigger something unexpected on those artists. I like to "push that rock over the cliff" whenever I see it. LOL. I'm glad you can keep that memento.
Today you have AI, anyone can prompt a cool image and see their ideas come to life. But that's why I'm centering my attention on Flash, this is a level above of just "a cool image". Sound, interaction, re-scalability. That's still unreachable for AI's "artistic instant fast-food".
About OC's, actually my only "OC" would be that native girl "White Feather". I have in mind a second part, they reach the fort, she stands in front of the firing squad, but, of course she can have a last "wish"... lol. I need to finish a few other projects first though. Don't worry anon, you keep grinding your stuff, that's what matters. Build your little projects, that will keep you going for sure.
>>
File: white feather-1.png (470 KB, 1275x1650)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>7214485
It turned out quicker than i thought! I hope you like it. To you and your creativity, friend. Forgive me, i dont plan on drawing such lewd content after this, but i hope you like it.
>>
>>7214641
Dude, that's FREAKING HOT. Look at them LEGS and glute muscle, and those DAMN TITS! And her face, that's amazing. The subtle deltoid to tricep transition detail in their arms ,perfect.
But you know what I like the most, those BOOTS, man look at the foot lines, that's one beautiful boot. I'll have to give her those boots in the next chapter, for sure.
Thanks man! I didn't expected that. Thank you!
>>
File: sol 6 of em-1.png (1.02 MB, 1275x1650)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
Back again friends. It took me about 45 mins to get this far.
Since i was so happy with how my first drawing came out, i thought i would draw another one of my ocs for my story posted here >>7214641 i need to work on the face more, but good first try
This is jack jones or his wastelander name Sol. He is based off of my best friend. In fact all the 6 protagonists are based off me and my closest group of friends from highschool. (I wonder if anyone can guess which on is my mary sue self insert?) There are little things in these characters that are similar to thier irl counterparts, but their own characters more so than anything else. Any way, let me get to the character.
Sol is a mutant of the wasteland and a fan favorite in a traveling wrestling group. He is an entertainer by nature and quite sociable, often seen as a casanova around women. However he is kind hearted and is convinced by Alice and her partner (who I will work on after this) to leave his life of celebrity comfort to help clean up the wasteland. He appears to be a highly muscular human, but he is powered by the sun and can lift several times his weight with a moderate healing factor. However, if he remains out of the sun for long periods of time, his strength and healing go away. In fact he is but a highly athletic human in every other sense once night falls for a few hours. Like a reverse vampire or something. In that time, he can bleed out or die, unless he can hang on until direct sunlight comes out again.
There is a certain sect of mutants that despise "human passing" mutants and he is a target as a traitor sorts for aiding "roaches" (derogatory term for people who are not mutated like cockroaches who are unaffected by radiation). Mutant features are favorable in the wasteland and some even take pride of their hideousness, and conventional human features are seen as weaknesses from a bygone age of mankind.
>>7214665
Well im quite glad you liked it friend. Good luck with your endevors as always!
>>
>>7154083
>>7154087
I like your broad stroke style
>>
First time time attack, was gonna do 20 minutes but it went up to 30 because I wanted to improve the shading
>>
Back again friends! This one i drew in 30 mins, about 10 mins or less for each.
I just wanted to draw without thi king to much todayand in my random scribblings, i cam up with these guys here. If i had to give them names, i would name the top one, Aero. The bottom on would be Pierce. And the middle one would be Velocity. Not sure why, the names just came to mind to fit the faces of these silly bullets
>>7216869
Why thank you kindly friend, i like how they came out too, i just wish i could get them cleaner in the time i alocated myself.
>>7216920
Great job for just 30 mins friend! Seems like on a complicated pose too, keep up the great work!
>>
>>7215640
That world of yours reminds me of the The Chronicles of Riddick saga. I miss those kind of movies and ideas. I Hope you can take your ideas forward anon. Keep up the good work!
>>
File: not enough-1.png (1.74 MB, 1275x1650)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
Back again friends. I have been working for 2 hours to get this far.
I call this one, "For the One Who Had It All, It Wasn't Enough" a bit preachy and artsy fartsy sure. Lol But i think its a fun title. I like to think that the "horns" that are depicted on devils and demons are actually broken halos. A kind of mark of their fall from grace that announces it to all who see it.
I tell you friends, leg muscles are no joke! I may not be the best at arm muscles, but at least if i look at a reference, i can make sense of it! When i look at references of lega however, particularly on anatomical references, i just cant get it to click. I just reckon i need more practice is all. But sheesh! Lol
>>7217595
Why thank you friend! My father was a big fan of the series and i remember enjoying it too. Thats quite the compliment!
>>
File: not enough-2.png (1.78 MB, 1275x1650)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
Back again friends. I continued with my drawing from the other day for about 30 mins. I did this yesterday but forgot to post. There is only minor improvements but i really like how it looks. We'll see if i continue drawing later today.
>>
Back again friends! This one took 2 hours to do.
I am really happy with how this one turned out! I was inspired by the dark fantasy thread here and i encourage you all to give it a look and try drawing a cool image yourself! Ill admit, they really nailed the grungy look and i still cant compare but this was a lot of fun to draw. I also apologise if it seems like i am drawing a lot of kneeling characters or resting arm on the knee. It is a fairly simple, dynamic pose that looks cool when drawn right. But perhaps if i start a new drawing tomorrow, i will try a different pose. We'll see!
>>
Back again friends. This took 1 and a half hours to get here.
Keeping in the theme of dark fantasy, i tried drawing an enchantress coaxing the viewer to dance with her. While i think it looks pretty good, I dont like how it "looks" it just doesnt real captured the seductive, but eerie look i imagined you know? Oh well, as i said, i tried a new pose so thay was nice. And i tried a form of forshortening, so im not mad at that. Happy 4th friends!
>>
File: beware-1.png (497 KB, 1275x1650)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
>>7221747
Whoops, forgot my image
>>
>>7220331
This one reminds me to a classic painting, can't quite put my finger on it... Maybe is just the thinker from Rodin.
>>
Damn I wish I had your imagination anon
>>
File: Screenshot (320)-1.png (108 KB, 1920x1080)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
Back again friends. Forgive me, only a 30 min drawing of a horse rear today.lol
I was helping my gf design a horse for her. Shes a pretty good artist, but sometimes she needs just a pinch of help and compares what i may draw and what she does. She said she liked it too!
>>7222680
I was inspired by a couple of paintings in particular. The Fallen Angel by Cabanel and Lucifer by Stuck. I remember finding The Thinker to be the most beautiful sculpter in the world as a child, so im sure theres probably an inspiration in there. Lol!
>>7222769
Dear friend, I assure you there is a sapling in your mind waiting to blossum into a willow of imagination! But you must tend to it for it to grow. You might have a greater imagination than you even realize!
>>
>>7222793
>But you must tend to it for it to grow
You know what comes next...how?!
>>
>>7222804
Lol! I think everyone's journey is a bit different. But i think the basis of your interests is probably most people's north star. I like drawing things and concepts that appeal to me. Dinosaurs, religion, the beauty of the human form, unorthodox futuristic machinery, knights, and superheros are all things that I have enjoyed and had a facination since childhood. Even unusual dreams i have had can be a great inspiration. What about you? What interests you? What do you like to draw or 'would' like to draw?
>>
>>7222829
>What about you? What interests you? What do you like to draw or 'would' like to draw?
I like figure drawing. I'm shit at it, but that's what I want to eventually be able to draw well. I'm not yet at the point where I can really draw one from imagination. I'm also really interested in drawing things you would find in the rulebook for a tabletop RPG like here https://www.thearcanelibrary.com/pages/shadowdark
>>
>>7222840
Then you're already on your way, my friend! Imagination is partially memory and recollection, so why dont you try drawing a picture that you felt particularly moved by, and recreate it from memory? Dont reference it, just draw the stuff you remember of the top of your head. There will be differences, and that will be from your imagination! As i said to the other anon in regards to this post, >>7220331 i used ideas from 2 different paintings in order to draw what i had there. It just takes practice, just have fun! And post it here too, even if you dont like it! I'll give you a critique if you wish!
>>
File: 1hourstudyref.jpg (78 KB, 1920x1080)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
1 hour study. really bad still - working on it.
>>
>>7223626
Woah, aside from the -ahem- "theme", that pic has some amazing dynamic composition. Kim jung Gi vibes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.