[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714491826995968.jpg (701 KB, 1179x1254)
701 KB
701 KB JPG
I want to draw but I have 0 idea of what i should draw right now
>Draw what made you want to start drawing
That is way, way above my skill level
>>
>>7156296
>That is way, way above my skill level
Not an excuse.
>>
File: GOOD!.jpg (120 KB, 814x875)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Drawing things beyond your skill level is good for you, children do it all the time and look how much fun they have. You should care less about the end result and more about how fun it is to actually draw. The most important thing to learn in art is to accept that you're going to make a lot of bad drawings before you make good ones. It's good to let go of your ego early and just get to drawing, because drawing without any inhibitions is useful at all levels of skill.
>>
"what" to draw is a personal problem and nobody can solve that but you. If you want to study then go read a drawing book. If you want someone else to tell you what to like and what to draw, then go away.

>but i cant draw as well as professionals!!!

okay then never draw for fun, learn to hate it because all you do is study, and then eventually burn out and quit forever. That's the advice you'll get here asking that sort of thing.
>>
>>7156296
Can you have fun drawing a single piece of the thing that made you want to start drawing?
>>
>>7156296
Draw what you want, even if it turns out completely shit. Then reflect on what went wrong, choose one thing, go study that thing for a few days, then try again.
>>
>>7156296
Then trace it
>>
>>7156296
>That is way, way above my skill level
so what
>>
Keep trying to draw what you want until you're at the skill level to draw it well, it takes years and lots of dedication to get good my friend
>>
>>7156373
>children do it all the time and look how much fun they have.
children don't know any better. having the same self-awareness of a child is not something anyone should aim for or take pride in. if someone isn't having fun drawing then that means they're willing to improve. people who settle with mediocrity under the guise of "fun" are just losers.
>>
>>7156296
Get lost, Howie

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.