[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: z3p3GTwi-_mid.jpg (100 KB, 1080x1440)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Has anyone bought these Titan 13 figures? are they worth buying?
the titan13toy website charges about $21 for them, i know there's worse quality ones for cheaper, but i just want to know if you guys think these are worth their cost especially for posing and reference use obviously.
i know you could use stuff like 3d models in CSP but that's a whole new program to learn just to position it and then you have to draw it. I would prefer using something like this that i can move freely.
I am wondering if it's worth it because i do spend a big amount of time looking up references for use in pictures. The issue is, the more i think about it, the more i realize i'm looking up references not for how the body moves in terms of joints, but moreso for how boobs or a butt would act in a given pose.
>>
File: 4T4ssbPjs_mid.jpg (168 KB, 1098x1440)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
was also looking for opinion on the "mini 13" toys they sell.
do you think these are reliable as reference for children, yordle, goblins, midgets, etc?
do you think that it accurately represents how someone with shorter limbs, height, etc. would be able to move?
>>
>>7156969
learn 3d modeling, make your own models, buy a 3d printer and print your own
>>
>>7156972
yeah let me go spend who knows how many hours learning a new craft, hundreds or thousands on the materials and machine needed to make this, then trial and error until i print one out instead of just shelling out $20 for one. you sound really fucking smart.
>>
>>7156969
using models is cheating faggot. Learn how to draw
>>
>>7156969
>wants to pay money for useless dolls when theres the same or better 3D models for free online
some people will do anything except draw
>>
>>7156969
>3d print memes
It's gonna explode if you look at it funny.
>>
>>7157415
are you absolutely fucking retarded? don't answer it was rhetorical, your comment insured that we all know the answer already.
memorization of anatomy and mental visualization of a body in various positions has nothing to do with drawing.
it is USEFUL in drawing, but you do not need to know that to learn to DRAW.
>>
>>7157420
did you missed the part where i said
>i know you could use stuff like 3d models in CSP but that's a whole new program to learn just to position it and then you have to draw it. I would prefer using something like this that i can move freely.
or did you willfully ignore it like a fucking twitter queer to strengthen your non-existent argument
>>
>>7156969
I don't own one of these specifically, but my general view on figures is that they're very helpful for visualization. It's a quick way to test vague ideas, or to inspire them.
What they won't do is teach how to draw, or significantly improve the technical quality of a drawing. They're not even good for copying proportions. In fact, if one doesn't already know how the body works or the natural range of motions, then it's somewhat difficult to get a good pose out of them. You can observe this in the Figma fandom. There are those who know how to pose (and take good photos), and those who don't, and it's night and day.
>>
>>7157616
lol, you sound retarded
>>
First off, there's a defacto standard:
1/12 bjd doll (Ball Joint Dolls), come in various """tastes""" and they're basically a better barbie or ken doll when you want realistic proportions.
They also make them with anime proportions and you can get them seamless if you pay up.
So unless you want to draw a robot there's no point in buying something some fag on the internet 3D printed.

CSP 3D models are used for tracing and sometimes not even that. It's how 99% of slop posted on /d/ is created. The EX version can basically render you figure and all you have to do is add detail not present in the model or the environment. It's one step removed from using AI in terms of pumping out content without skill.
>>
>>7157690
Forget to add 1/6 bjd are more of a standard and the scale action figures and barbies have.
There are also ones that have more joints so most poses are possible.
>>
>>7156969
What's the point of this? Why is is better than a $1 wooden puppet?
>>
>>7156969
You should try this thing called drawing from imagination, it costs 0 dollarinos.
>>
>>7156969

I have one of these and it's fine.
Holds poses well and comes with a zillion tiny accessories. Make sure you get one with a stand included, though.
Makes it easier to photograph.

>>7157690
I'm planning to get a few of these too, in a bit. They have a lot of those on Amazon
>>
File: IMG_4201.jpg (1015 KB, 2428x1765)
1015 KB
1015 KB JPG
I like my shitybones with his crazy mobility
>>
>>7157415
I will keep ogling at naked women and you can't do shit about it

god i love life drawing
>>
Any 3d printed figures like this that you guys could recommend?
>>
>>7160318
Your own body.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.