[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I think I am cursed. My art is invisible and only gets a max of 10 likes on IG. I have seen other posters' art and it is shit and get at least 100 + likes. I only upload on IG but I rarely get any reaching. Just posted a drawing and have 0 likes. I think I am black listed since I used to draw conspiracy shit with blacklisted hash tags. This is the equivalent of getting no bitches!
>>
You unironically need to post reels and stories on ig. They actively squash people who post images now.
>>
>>7160829
You might be on to something. I used to post stories and would get 10 likes max . I stopped posting stories and now get 1 -4 likes. I just don't really have much to post on stories.. Nothing exciting to post on stories.
>>
>>7160832
Can you pyw? I'm guessing you didn't draw the OP?
>>
>>7160825
some blonde chick on reddit had a post with 30k+ upvotes yesterday of her posing with a painting she did of a mean reddit comment.
her last successful post had just as many and was her bragging that she sold a painting to a gallery.
the painting was a fucking /beg/-tier copy of a photo she found on pinterest (I hope the gallery didn't actually buy it).
her defense was "well all artists do copies and I have to pose in front of them or else they don't get any upvotes"
I made a comically mean comment exposing her and she deleted her entire social media account in response lol.
anyways pose in front of your art for easy social media attention, even if it's /beg/shit it works really well
>>
>>7160865
What is pyw? I did not draw the OP but it serves as a real experience for me and other artists.

>>7160867
Interesting story but I will not sell out. I just want my art to receive some decent exposure. I really think I am black listed. 0 likes after 4 hours. I will keep drawing but I wonder why God made me invisible.
>>
IG sucks since they made hashtags not searchable by recent anymore.
>>
>>7160875
Really? Why?
>>
File: I'm gonna make it.jpg (26 KB, 800x534)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>7160825
>My art is invisible and only gets a max of 10 likes on IG. I have seen other posters' art and it is shit and get at least 100 + likes.
My favorite manga artist got less than 200 views and 10 likes on her last youtube video and I'm the only comment on it. She's better than you all yet her reach is shit. On Xitter she is much more popular her posts average less 200 likes. You're not the only one cursed OP. On a side note she gave my comment a "heart" on youtube and I'm happy that my favorite manga artist know that I exist :D
>>
>>7160930
post her channel
>>
>>7160867
>I have to pose in front of them or else they don't get any upvotes
Is she naked or half naked? I bet that would double her upvotes or whatver the fuck Reddit uses.
>>
>>7160884
So they have more control over the algorithm and people have more of an incentive to buy ads on there.
>>
>>7160825
>I think I am cursed. My art is invisible and only gets a max of 10 likes on IG.
it's hard to crawl up from the very bottom. Everyone sees the more popular content creators , and more gravitate towards them because of that. And the creators with 0 views just are stuck at the bottom.
>>
>>7160825
Nah anon, IG kinda sucks. You're honestly better off posting on X. If you want reach you should heavily consider networking with others (both online and off.) As much as it makes some anons seethe, it's an honest way to get your work out there and will open up opportunities so long as you don't make an ass out of yourself. People love art but you really gotta put yourself out there instead of sitting in a corner hoping you'll someday get "discovered."

If you post your blog I'll follow it, or if you want I can post mine first if you're worried about posting on a le 4chan. I'm really small too and just starting to get back into posting more consistently so if I see your art I'll happily retweet you.
>>
>>7160996
I don't know why I even post online desu. I just want to get better and just post it for the hell of it. Hence why I keep posting despite getting 0 likes. It's my outlet and I do admit it wiould feel better if I had people into my profile for me. Go ahead and post your blog.
>>
File: 20240426_230322.jpg (107 KB, 1080x1062)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>7161038
>I just want to get better and just post it for the hell of it.
Very based! And nothing wrong with wanting some encouragement either, we're only human after all.
here u go anon
https://twitter.com/BriBriMeese
>>
>>7160874
post your work

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.