[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: u_10212631.jpg (70 KB, 1000x887)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Why you should not trust youtube shills:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1WEYF8rlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twy5Wo8m284

Do not read anything into pressure levels. 1024 is more than enough.
If you have any additional questions, ask them.
Remember to ignore all chinese shills.

Recommended tablets:

>Screenless:
Intuos 3, 4, 5, Pro, One by Wacom

>Display:
Small (10-11"): Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Medium (12-16"): Samsung Galaxy Tab S8/S9 Ultra, used iPad Pro 12.9" Gen 1-5
Large (22"+): Cintiq 22HD, Cintiq Pro 27 - Make sure they have VESA standard mounting holes.

Avoid:

>XP-Pen, Huion, Gaomon and every other Chinese brand making Wacom imitations
Poor build quality, pens with wavy lines, wobbly nibs, broken tilt, issues registering light pressure, terrible customer support, uncalibrated. All Chinese brands have the same problems. Check out the webm to understand how bad they are.
Do not be fooled by myths like "Chink companies are just as good as Wacom now" - they've been saying this for over 8 years, nothing has changed. Consider reading the amazon reviews, particularly the negative spectrum and you will find some very common themes.
Chinese companies have also been proven to shill on 4chan. You will see dozens upon dozens of posts in this thread by a chinese schizo shill, who will either be bitching about the OP, gaslighting as a Wacom fan, making pointless spam posts or giving terrible advice (like recommending Huion). Just ignore and report him.

>New iPads
Massively overpriced and overhyped.

>Microsoft Surface Pro
More optimized for palm rejection than good quality drawing. Wobbly lines when drawing slow and straight.

>Cintiq 13-16"
Completely outclassed by the Galaxy Tab Ultra & iPad

>Cintiq Pro 16, 24, 32
Overpriced, QC issues, loud fans, proprietary mount interface

>Lenovo
Worse than Samsung in every way.

Previous: >>7162142
>>
File: chinesetabs_1.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>7182616
>Check out the webm to understand how bad they are.
>>
File: 1709659961012546.webm (3.85 MB, 720x480)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB WEBM
>>7182616
>>
>>7182616
Do you draw?
>>
Why did Apple increase the new iPad Pro size by only .1"? I thought they were supposed to be making a 15"+ iPad Pro?
>>
>>7182643
Do you draw though?
>>
>wacom keeps pumping display sloppa

i just want my screenless tablet with pro penis 3 compatibility
>>
>>7182630
It's literally made by wacom for wacom one display tablet and samsung devices, as well as some e-ink. You can look up the compatibility of the stylus on Wacom's website.

Its not third party. Its a brand crossover thing.
>>
>>7182616
>One by Wacom

is this any better or different from the wacom bamboo that used to be the entry level back in 2007~10?
I still have one from back then, and don't know if I should use it too get back into drawing.
>>
File: 540.jpg (214 KB, 1553x1113)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
Apart from CSP, are ony of these even worth considering?
>>
>>7182961
Depends, I'd say just grab what you have, get back into it and then see if you want a new tablet.
That said, I also don't dismiss that a purchase of this kind might be the difference between dropping out of drawing again in a week and actually just getting back into it for a long time if not for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 5fcbaccee936d~01.jpg (68 KB, 828x552)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>wacom intuos + CSP
Is there a way for me to set up a gesture where I could rotate the canvas by stabbing the pen into the pad and rotating that? Or do I have to sacrifice one button for that?
>>
>>7183284
Doesn't intuos have multi touch? Couldn't you just pinch&zoom to rotate?
>>
>>7183291
I thought screenless don't register fingers?
>>
>>7182616
Samsung is chinkshit.
>>
>>7182616
Apple is Chinkshit
>>
>>7182616
Huion is chinkshit.
>>
>>7182616
is the 2018 ipad pro still worth it? would a last gen air last longer?
>>
>>7183397
>buying something that apple makes slower remotely
>>
I will ask here again.
new tablet user here, I'm using the Wacom Intuos PS.
So when should I change my nibs? I've noticed there is three extras on the back.
>>
>>7183676
any times before it wore down to the point where you wouldn't be able to remove it. Some people will only change it until it started behaving weirdly like unexpected pressure sensitivity, others just replace it once the tip feels too blunt or making annoying sounds.
>>
>>7183676
When you feel like it. I used to change mine when they got too flat. It will vary with your use.
>>
>>7182616
Bought the huion kamvas Pro 16 and it works just fine. there are some cons, but it is pretty good for the price I paid.

I own a 6th gen ipad with the first gen apple pen and it sucks to work with big files. I'll miss procreate tho, it has great custom brushes.
>>
How do you know if the Intuous is a 3, 4, 5, or 6? The website doesn't even point this stuff out and just calls everything intuous and only varies by size (mostly they only sell Medium or Small). Also - is the Intuous Pro Large worth it? It's the only screenless large available from Wacom. And how are the Wacom one models.
>>
File: 1280px-Wacom_Intuos3_A5.jpg (129 KB, 1280x974)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>7183757
Intuos 3 looks like this.
>>
Why am I being recommended to go get Wacoms from 2006 thru 2012 that apparently all have driver issues on modern computers? The ebay prices I get are like 10 bucks but the new ones are on sale for like 50 to 100 dollars.
>>
Was gifted an M2 iPad with apple pencil 2.I'm an intuos pro user before hand. I see conflicting opinions on using paperlike or not because it messes with screen quality if you use it for more than just drawing (like videos or color correcting) . I also see people who just got used to drawing without screen protectors and just draw straight on the glass because they got used to it, but I'm conflicted on what to choose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgRX4av8rOU

There's also a magnetic removable matte protector called astropad that also includes thinner nibs, but yeah. Let me know what u guys think between these 3 options
>>
>>7183839
Ok so I thought about it - is the reason people go for the older ones that you can get a 'large' model much much cheaper and if you search for the drivers you can still get it to work these days?
>>
>>7183841
i would never put a papermeme on any tablet with how it ruins the device for anything other than drawing and even for that it's overhyped as fuck, get an astropad you can take off and on if you're that anal about the texture you're drawing on but the bare glass is honestly fine once you get over yourself and use it for a couple of days
>>
>>7183839
>apparently all have driver issues on modern computers?
Im using intuos 3 on windows 10 without problems, the only thing is you need specific driver version.
>wacomtablet_6.3.11w3.exe [140 MB (147029152 bytes)]
I downloaded it from wacom site, but I remember you need to "click around" actually to find it.
>>
>>7183848
Yeah you think so? I'm used to using thin lines on my intuos and I like the precision of that, and I feel like i'm losing that with the apple pencils tip being fatter? And the smudges makes it "skid around" for a lack of a better word so I have to clean the screen often. So if my workflow is thin lines u really think I can get used to the glass the same way?
>>
Well the nanotexture iPad is super scratch prone. Kinda a deal breaker.
>>
>>7184218
well I don't own that lol
>>
>>7184218
who'd have thunk
>>
>>7183295
Intuos Pro definitely does.
>>
>>7183848
>>7184178
I got a magnetic matte protector. The main problem is that its too thick, which creates line wobble for diagonal lines and curves.

Even the sticker screen protector has line wobble, but its much more subtle than the magnetic protector.
>>
>>7184218
>buying a 1tb+ iPad for a shitty built-in screen protector
>>
>>7184323
I have the normal Intuos M
>>
>>7184672
> 16gb of RAM
> Wacom screen
There's a clear reason to upgrade
>>
>>7184959
>wacom screen
it's not a samsung albeithoughever
>>
>>7184528
That's a first. Never heard anyone mention that issue. But I also notice line wobble without any protector on at all, so maybe turning up smoothness/ stabilization is necessary for ipad?
>>
>>7182616
Is the PD1560 any good? I've been thinking of replacing it with a higher quality, 500 USD display. Any recommendations for a 500-600 USD 1440P screen? Preferably 15-19 inches?
>>
Do paperlike screen protectors need to be changed after a period of use? Like do they get worn down or is that just the nibs on the pencil?
>>
are there any tablet-friendly apps that work on Surface Pro?
>>
>>7185772
Isn't it literally windows?
>>
>>7185778
yes, what i mean is that i don't feel like the windows version of say Clip Studio is smooth to use without a keyboard. Is there anything designed for a touch interface like Procreate that works on Windows?
>>
File: KpyFkZu6iDTtwHb4ebZxyF.jpg (1.5 MB, 4032x2268)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>7182616
any other galaxy book users out here?
i feel like this line is super slept on but like, it's basically a cintiq while also being a regular workstation laptop? i love mine.
syncing notes and drawings from my phone is super nice too, i am basically a samsung/wacom shill off of their partnership
>>
>>7185792
autodesk sketchbook is fantastic on touch interface, feature set is super limited but it is what it advertises -- good sketchbook
just make sure to get a lifetime code the subscription is such a scam
>>
>>7185801

I like the idea of the book 360 but i feel like the keyboard not being detachable is a big deal because id want to lie it flat and still use hotkeys.

Does the screen wobble when you draw when using it with a keyboard?

How is the performance in PS? What model do you have.

I want the new surface pro launching next month but id consider a galaxy book if theyre cheaper and better.
>>
>>7185792
Doesn't CSP have a tablet mode?
>>7185802
iirc Sketchbook doesn't have layer clipping which might make it fucking ass to use
>>
>>7185805
>Doesn't CSP have a tablet mode?
it seems you're right, however it also seems to only be implemented as of v2.1.0, which I believe is part of the subscription service.
I bought v2.0 as a once-off purchase, which doesn't give me any of the new features beyond that.
>>
>>7185807
Pirate and install into separate folder
>>
>>7185808
i'm clearly out of the loop and didn't realise you could pirate subscription software. I'll look into it
>>
>>7185809
Desktop CSP can be pirated just fine it's the tablet version that's tied to the subscription
There's technically a way to spoof the subscription but it's very janky and you pretty much have to go through a whole song and dance every time you launch the app that way so it's not even worth the time
>>
>>7185804
>lie flat and still use hotkeys
i use it two ways, one as sort of a sketchbook with touch interface on sketchbook (the program) and csp. then second way is to prop it on a laptop stand and use a compact keyboard for shortcuts, since you really only need a few keys. both setups work either at couch or desk or table, and it's definitely a huge upgrade from the intuous plugged into a laptop setup i had before. in tablet mode it's basically like using a cintiq but cheaper and with a better processor (for a tradeoff on ergo, thing doesn't have much bezel, also with a glossier/slipperier drawing surface), as those don't have keyboards at all
>>7185805
yeah the lack of clipping is super annoying. when i use it i tend to resort to splitting a ton of layers then re-merging them (since it also has a kinda low layer cap, 100 iirc). i mostly draw trad tho so i like the simplicity of it, then i use CSP with the little keyboard if i wanna finish a piece
>>
>>7182616
Samsung S9 FE+ ?
>>
File: 20240601_163425.jpg (400 KB, 2048x1471)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
speaking of shortcut boards just a reminder the 8bitdo micro is 20 bucks and fully rebindable
>>
>>7185804
sry left like half your questions unanswered with >>7185834 lol. the rest:
>screen wobble
the hinge won't support drawing, no. i draw on it fully 360, either held up in my lap or propped on a small laptop stand
>PS performance
no idea honestly, i think i tested whatever the last full edition was and it ran, but i don't like using pirated software as like full time workflow, and fuck adobe's subscription model. so i use CSP (which runs great)
>what model
the 16" pro 360 from last year, model NP964QFG-KA1US
my only real complaint (other than the glossy screen, which i just need to find a big enough paperlike protector for) would be the 16gb ram, which iirc is soldered. i'd prefer 32.
>surface pro
from reviews i've seen the big advantage of the surface is whatever microsoft's digitizer tech is has better palm rejection than wacom, you do occasionally get hand stroke pickup on the book and p much every wacom screen device i've used unless touch input is turned off. the downside is the pen needs to charge, and the surface lineup to get a similar spec device is gonna cost like $700 more (my book was $1800 comparable surface at the time was $2500, idk if it's changed), plus that's before paying for accessories. it does have a kickstand on the tablet models i think, that may be an upgrade on the hinge. but that's a big price premium for a feature a $10 stand can supplement lol
>>
>>7185839
holy shit doing this you're a genius
can set up a second mapping and use it as media remote too i bet
no more struggling with tiny bluetooth keyboards this is the way
>>
I want a standalone screen tablet, hate ios and Android, and am also poor. Are there no tablets for me?
>>
>>7186015
A4 or A5 sketchbook
If you're feeling fancy you can get a moleskine one
>>
File: 3ds.jpg (93 KB, 717x732)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>7186015
Come home, white man
>>
>>7186015
get one of the lower end surfaces if you really hate tablet OSes that much. but it'll be a much worse drawing experience than an ipad or galaxy tab at the same price point, there's really no reason to go for an all in one workstation unless you can afford the premium for a functional one
>>
So after looking over the Intuos range, it seems like the 4 was the best model? The newer stuff doesn't add anything big, and that one had a screen on it so you can remember what your hotkeys do at a glance.
>>
>>7185801
Was seriously considering these when Apple decided not to go bigger on the iPads. Read too many reviews of the book 360’s screen cracking unexpectedly. - how are you protecting it? Do you move it to/from a bag daily or does it sit on your desk? I’m guessing the thinner screen might be prone to flex and crack.
>>
>>7186117
>screen cracking
haven't had this personally. my last laptop was the og blue galaxy book and i replaced it because it fell and had the hinge completely smash and the screen casing split open -- but no cracks until i'd used it like that for months. new one is also fine despite a few drops including screen flat onto the ground. might just be luck though
>screen protector
don't use one (only willing to use a paperlike type and haven't found any big enough), i'm just careful when i carry it around the house or reposition it. i take it out sometimes but only to like library/coffee shop/friend's house kinda settings and nowhere near daily, so i haven't rly field tested its durability. but i'd say probably no worse than an ipad or galaxy tab, just not a brick like a real cintiq either
>>
How do you guys fight/avoid wrist pain?
I finally broke out the little intuos I've had forever, and tried to get used to it by filling out a cursive worksheet over and over again.
I got more coordinated but my hand was killing me after an hour. Advice I found was repetitive (keep your grip loose, keep the pen vertical, don't slouch, ect.)
I lost yesterday trying out different grips that are meant to be easier, but feel like I'd need to practice my ass off to use any of them.
I also ended up doing a 15min on, 5 min off, sorta rhythm while I did that, and my hand felt fie after, but I can't tell if it was from either or both steps.
Any help would be great.
>>
>>7186786
i have eds and it's pretty bad for me. breaks obviously, all the ergo stuff you're doing sounds good. hand stretches are a good idea too.
i'm considering getting a wrist brace to make sure i don't develop carpal tunnel, if i can find one that doesn't mess up my drawing movements
>>
Any good budget tablet with a screen? I want to get my friend something for his birthday but I don't know
I've been content with my huion 13 inch but I'm not sure what to get him

He's new to art but still wants to try. What's even the difference between the old huion and the pro 13 inch
>>
>>7187182
something like an xppen artist 15.6 or 13 probably, those are around the price range of a regular kamvas 13 as well
>>
Any good drawing tablets that take one input only?
Lower back got bad in an accident so i can only lie in prone position
>>
>>7187211
are you togashi
>>
>>7185839
got and mapped a micro and my workflow is now greatly improved, bless
>>
Went from a XP-Pen to a One by Wacom, considering upgrading to a Cintiq 22HD, worth it? Any advice with going from screenless to screen?
>>
>>7182643
Feels like they tried to go with appealing to videographers and casual tablet market.
The previous gens oled screen seems to be better for color accuracy too.
Really this is a downgrade for artists.
>>
>>7183676
If you dont draw on a textured screen u may never need to change it.
>>
i prefer my cintiq 13hd over my ipad 7
>>
Man, I wish the Intuos4 had proper remapping. I don't think any tablets have basic chording by default, say you've got 8 buttons in groups of 4, you could have one of the 4 mapped to a mod key that affects the 3 above it, and an 8 key device turns into a 12 key device. With the little screens it'd be easy to keep track of the remapping, you could even get crazier and have modifier layers to cycle through instead.

I guess the only real option for shortcuts is to just use a secondary device? I haven't seen any tablets with physical buttons making decent use of them, and the whole idea of putting a little screen beside them died with the 4.
>>
>>7189252
you can probably set something like that up with autohotkey
>>
>>7189347
If it was just the buttons I could probably do that, but I don't know about interfacing with the screen too. Seems like it's based on the current running application, and I don't know if there's anything funky I could do like rename the photoshop process to have another layer worth of commands show up on the screen.
>>
Should I stop using stabilizer now that I have a tablet even if I am retarded and can't draw a proper curve?
>>
>>7189461
Yes, learn how to draw curves.

Most tablets these days have stabilization built in because the tech is junk, though. Try and draw a diagonal line with a ruler slowly to see what I mean.
>>
>>7185792
Leonardo and Adobe Fresco
>>
>>7189508
idk, i use stabilizer for long lines because i just can't get the same steadiness from rubber on a glossy screen that pen/pencil gives. i think it's fine to use the tool, just make sure to practice curves trad or in digital sketch pages so it's a boost and not a crutch
>>
>>7182616
If you buy anything aside from an iPad or a Wacom, you're a legitimate moron.
>>
>guzzler dickriding apple too now
was it stockholm syndrome?
>>
>>7186062
Man there will never be something as kino like the 3ds again :(
>>
>>7185839
if you have a nintendo switch without drift you don't even need to shill out $20
>>
>>7183841
My personal bias is towards matte protectors. But even if I didn't draw, I'd still get a screen protector simply to protect the screen. I do so for all of my devices.

The Paperlike brand protector is a bit of a meme. While it does provide the most visual clarity out of all the matte protectors out there it also wears out very quickly and is very overpriced.

Bellemond is my usual go-to brand, they offer a lot of options based on how much resistance you want, sticker or magnet style etc and run for about 1/3 the cost.

But the real truth is that even a cheap dollar store matte protector will give you that paper-like drawing experience. I'd say get a cheap one first and see if it feels better than drawing raw. If you like it, think about getting a more expensive specialized one in the future.
>>
Okay, not sure if this is a right place to ask because I'm afraid of being labeled as a shill, but I really don't know the first thing about drawing. I found my lost Huawei M-pencil 2nd gen while doing some cleanup. I kinda want to buy a tablet now and draw with it because I got this stylus "gratis" (not really, I paid for it as part of a package deal, but that was a long time ago). So, is Matepad 11 (2021) considered acceptable for this purpose? Local pawn shop has it listed for a good price.
>>
>>7182616
Another poorly disguised wacome hate thread. Some things never change lol

Their still the best retard, and I am talking cintiqs, go cope elsewhere

Although I will say, samsung tablets are very impressive and their stylus is great.
>>
Anyone on Linux use the Huion Kamvas tablets? Looking to get something with a better screen than my Artisul, so I'm debating on the 13/13pro, but tablet drivers seem to be a little hit or miss on linux.
>>
>>7191903
I doubt you'd see much difference. The huion drivers are garbage on Windows, I can't imagine how much of a hassle it'd be on Linux.
>>
>>7182616
Less a tablet more a stylus problem. I have an ipad for on the go drawing. The Pencil (gen 1) completely bricked, i don't want to fork over another $100 to replace it, I afford can't "upgrade" to a new pad/pencil either. Do I bite the bullet for a cheaper knock off since it seems like that's what Apple is doing with the USB-C pencil, and come to terms with never getting pressure sensitivity in a stylus ever again?

I use a surface and old cintiq at home. my problem is precision on the go.
>>
anyone bought an "amazon refurbished" tablet before? thinking about getting the S9 FE+ because it seems like a pretty decent deal, but not sure how shady amazon refurbished shit is
>>
>>7192214
depends. it's usually a crap shoot. it's more like "reboxed" or "reshelved" most of the time. you get lucky maybe 25% with a purchase, genuine seller, actual refurb. the rest of the time it's dropshippers looking to offload defective or unsold units.
>>
$250 for iPad 9 with 64GB sounds like a steal. But I've never owned an iPad before.
>>
>>7192214
if you add in budget for a battery replacement it should be fine. just make sure the screen is pristine.

look into best buy too, they have good open box units that are just returns in their 15 day window.
>>
>>7192214
with how much Samsung loves to put their stuff on sale I wouldn't go for a refurbished one unless you really need it RIGHT NOW
>>
File: the right choice.png (4 KB, 408x89)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>
just bought a huion kamvas 22, very kino
>>
>>7182616
my wacom one is currently dying, i'm looking to get a replacement, preferably one that's cheaper

Should I buy another wacom one or should i buy a samsung galaxy?
>>
how's the pixel slate? i want to try blender
>>
How do you guys use a drawing tablet with a ultra wide monitor?
>>
>>7193436
chuck your ultra meme monitor into the garbage and try again
>>
File: wacom.jpg (17 KB, 217x390)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
no matter how hard I press this is the highest pen pressure on default settings on cintiq
is this normal? is it broken?
>>
>>7193461
tried moving the slider?
>>
>>7193502
that ruins the light pressure then
>>
>>7193461
I don't know if it supposes to be that way, but I never get an accurate pressure representation on that thing either.
>>
>>7193461
i can almost reach maximum with the eraser side, but no with the nib side
>>
I can spot these shills just by the vibe of the video. It is not that hard.
>>
got wacom intuos S, want bigger.
NEW intuos M 109€, NEW Intuos pro M 289€.
USED intuos M 65€, USED intuos pro M 180€.
is upgrading just in terms of size even worth it, and is it worth it to buy expensive shit used. help and thoughts appreciated.
>>
wheres the other thread without wachomshill op?
>>
>>7194014
you can tell by the amount of real discussion here that this thread really doesn't need to exist, you only need one tablet and there's better places to get opinions from than a thread made by a retard that doesn't draw
>>
>>7193972
Buy an older wacom intuos instead, I paid like 30 bucks for a 4, which is twice as good in terms of resolution and report rate than the modern "intuos", which is just a rebadged low end tablet. You need an older version of the software, but that's not a big deal. Plus you can get a large for like 50 bucks.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (32 KB, 375x513)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>7193461
Try adjusting the curve in the customize option. Mine looks like this, but you may need something else.
>>
Does anyone have a Minisforum V3, Is the pen any good on that?

It looks like an AMD version of the surface pro.
>>
is it possible to get a cracked/jailbreak version of the clip studio paint app for ios?
>>
>>7195942
not even on android ask your mommy for an extra $20 or just save up your allowance I guarantee you can afford it lil bro
>>
I want to get into digital drawing but I only want to use Linux.
What is the best option if I want something with fully-free drivers? Does such a thing exist?
Also will just Krita be enough?
>>
Hi guys, what do you think is better? Dropping CAN $140 for a pen for my Surface, or getting a screenless Wacom for a similar price?

I've only ever had a shitty bamboo screenless and I wasnt a big fan. I feel like using the surface is a good way to go since I already have it, but also have heard some not great things about the surface for drawing. Thoughts? Thanks.
>>
>>7196070
Krita is good enough. People draw master pieces with mspaint anon... It's up to you how you use the tools you have. Paint storm studio also exists but not sure if you wanna buy it
>>
>>7196271
>2024
>Using Krita
Krita is made, used and shilled by pajeets only before they started shilling AI
>>
Would a Deco 01 V2 be good enough as a temporary replacement for a 2015 Intuos Pro? Pressure sensitivity is no longer registering unless I press really hard and I won't be able to afford an upgrade to a screen tablet until the end of the year
>>
>>7196142
My experience with the tracking on Surface tablets has been very mediocre.

If you're okay with screenless, you can buy an extremely good Intuos 4/5 for sub 50 bucks these days. Nothing wrong with them, you just need an older driver version. Alternatively, many surface tablets also support third party pens, and they're all about the same in terms of tracking quality.

>>7196383
Buy a Intuos4 L for the same kind of price. Better tablet, no stabilisation cancer.

Screen tablets aren't an objective upgrade. They have lower accuracy, more alignment issues, poor posture due to mediocre viewing angles (parallax requires you to be dead on with the pen), and your hand obscures your work.
>>
>>7196070
Krita is free and works the best on Linux
>>
>>7196383
Yes xppen is serviceable and does it's job for being low price.
>>
File: 1563393362903.jpg (25 KB, 720x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I'm having a bit of trouble with clip studio if any of you guys can help.

I draw on a Galaxy Tab S7e, and had a monthly Pro license that was charged through Google Play.
I wanted to upgrade to EX but the only way seemed to be by canceling by Pro sub, so I did.
I then went into the "Manage Account" tab in my account purchased an EX "Smartphone" plan for 1 month (it listed Android/Galaxy, but not PC) through the Celsys website

I can't seem to apply this EX license though... It's still listed as Pro, and I can't open EX-only files.
I don't know how to purchase the sub through Google Play either like I did before, I can only reactivate my Pro subscription...
>>
>>7196566
Smartphone plans only work on smartphones, I'm pretty sure it's a whole different app too
If you wanna use it on a tablet you have to get a single device plan
>>
s9 ultra is great
>>
>>7182616
What’s the best screenless tab that’s a decent size for a beginner? I don’t care about budget
>>
>>7197075
>I don’t care about budget
buy them all and try them out
>>
>>7197076
Okay just one
>>
>>7185801
I've got the Galaxy Book 12 and I love it. I would have upgraded by now but Samsung decided to stop doing detachable keyboards in favour of 360° folding keyboards.
My only gripe is that charging it while turned on results in the fan going at max speed.
In terms of pen tracking accuracy it's great, which hasn't always been my experience of Wacom EMR screen devices (my Galaxy Note is a bit shit in this regard)
>>
What storage size do you opt for on display tablets
>>
>>7191295
>samsung tablets are very impressive and their stylus is great.
which one would you recommend?
>>
>>7197075
Intuos 4. You can get a large for 50 bucks, or an XL for sub 100.

Medium is too small. Small is way too small. There's no point buying modern Intuos, they're lower quality and have less features, and you'll be paying 4x more for an Intuos Pro which is only equivalent in feature set. XL is still supported on the modern software, L needs an older version you can find by looking around.
>>
Ok just got an old intuos 5 for 25$. How do install a driver?
>>
>>7197570
You go on the wacom site and check the release notes for the last version that supported it. Seems like it's 6.3.46.

https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/support/product-support/drivers?sku=PTH450
>>
>>7197583
Thanks m8.
>>
File: IMG_20240612_134227.jpg (572 KB, 1080x1674)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
saw this on vee. is it true?
was considering buying an intuos pro.
>>
>>7192274
>64GB

These days, apps are starting to get really beefy. But that's if you're going to use your Ipad for other purposes aside from drawing.
>>
>>7198393
You get a year free for some things. Sounds like a mad screen shill
>>
>>7198393
Intuos pro is fine, modern Intuos is the problem. old Intuos is equivalent to modern pro, basically.

I just question the point of buying a pro when you can just buy an older Intuos that still works fine on modern OSes. I guess it's possible in 5 years it might not work on Windows 12 or something, but we're talking about massive savings here. Intuos4, in large, will run you about 50 bucks now. A modern pro, in MEDIUM, which is far smaller, will cost you about 100 bucks second hand, or 200 bucks new.
>>
>>7198393
I got an Intuous M in 2019 and it came with a free 2-year license for CSP and some other software I haven't used. After that expired I was able to activate it again for some reason and I still have free CSP. Wacom drivers are also not necessary, opentabletdriver does the job. That being said I don't think it's worth the money, go chink or something.
>>
Hey, I'm basically a beginner, I have had a Huion Kamvas 16 (2021) for some time and would like to buy something better and more portable.
I have a budget of around 1k$, I take used ones in consideration. Is there anything good in that range?
Also which program would be the best? So far I have used Krita.
Thanks for any advice
>>
>>7198814
You can use modern Intuos just fine, just like you can use the cheapest bamboo tablet from 15 years ago. But the quality isn't great.

I can understand going chink for screen tablets, you can get them inexpensively compared to cintiqs and the old cintiqs you can buy relatively cheaply are like 30lbs, with unlaminated displays, and only take DVI/VGA. But for screenless tablets you might as well just get the older wacom stuff that's good AND cheap, because you'll pay about what you would pay for a chink tablet.
>>
wacom cintiq 21ux DTZ-2100D mini-review :
Very good color reproduction considering it's a TFT screen from 2005, there's a characteristic rainbow-colored haze over the screen like all flatscreens from the era have, the pixel density is low compared to modern hidpi monitors. The viewing angles are also not total garbage. It works out of the box with a passive DisplayPort-to-DVI-D adapter as the DP standard mandates. The 4:3 aspect ratio is very comfortable to look at and work with.
The pens all support tilt. The rubberized grip pen hasn't yet degraded into sludge, and the airbrush is made of an aggressively light plastic that feels very cheap. The airbrush only has one barrel button. The pens have zero rippling or wobble and the parallax to the screen isn't significant. The barrel buttons on the grip pen are exactly as light as they are on my newer intuoses. The tip pressure needed to register a click might be a little higher than newer wacoms, but it's still a lot lower than AES pens. The pen tips are hard white plastic and the screen shows no sign of wear.
The cable at the back seems to be worn out on my device, which I'd expect for how the stand is designed. When pixels are a specific color they start flashing, and when the cable is bent when lowering the cintiq the red channel drops out temporarily. I find myself poking at it expecting it to react to touch.

All in all using it doesn't make me want to kill myself unlike everything that isn't wacom EMR, so in 2024 I'll give this tablet a solid 8/10 for missing multitouch and a higher resolution screen. Also I have an old driver CD if anyone wants me to rip it.
>>
>>7182616
I have the galaxy tab s6 lite, it’s great for the price/what I wanted. I’ve had no problems. My only other experience is a tiny screenless Wacom that I used until it died & im just a hobbyist but the galaxy tab has been great, very portable. I think I might want to upgrade to the s8/s9 one day, having a slightly bigger screen would be nice.
>>
>>7198849
Where are you guys finding used older tablets? Ebay?
>>
Be honest, does better, more expensive tablet with more features actually makes you draw better?
I doubt a serious artist can get by on a wacom one.
>>
>>7199668
No. You can make great art with a fucking mouse. Better tablets just improve accuracy slightly and speed up the workflow.
>>
>>7199668
No, you're mostly paying for quality of life - bigger screen/drawing area, shortcuts, portability, screen quality/resolution, multitasking capability
>>
>>7199672
>>7199689
Cope, it DOES make you better at art.
>>
>>7199668
You can be very good and fucking hate it. Some tools can get you the latter for very cheap. Surely this is what you want.
>>
>>7199668
As long as it's at least
>the size of a small sketchbook
>full HD or whatever the screenless tablet equivalent is
>1000 levels of pressure

You're good to go. I'd argue that having key macros is another important feature to have for streamlining your workflow, but you can also just buy gaming keypads which are usually much better than any tablet's built in macros.
>>
/Beg/ here.
I've been drawing for years on Ibis Paint and never used a Wacom until last month.
I just couldn't manage anything at all over 0.25% my speed because I'm so used to drawing with my finger, tools, fx, zooms, etc.
Now my phone is dying slowly and whatever I do on Ibis Paint is getting slower everytime and it's a bitch everytime I get out or in a project.

My guess is I need a display tablet. But I want to ask to be sure again: Is
>Small (10-11"): Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
the cheapest option for a display tablet beginner?????
>>
>>7182616
I want to get into animation to train my gesturing and also be forced to make more drawings. Screenless tabs fine to use?
>>
>>7196997
Why did you upgrade from the regular S9?
>>
can't tell if i was unlucky with my refurbished ipad pro 3rd gen or if i broke it somehow, but it won't charge so i'm in need of a new tablet. i don't want to go with apple again, mainly because i'm wary of refurbished now and i can't justify 1000 usd on a toy. however, i also loved being able to sketch without needing my pc + being able to easily rotate the canvas around with my fingers. are there any good alternatives under ~600 usd?
>>
>>7200599
magic drawing pad
>>
>>7200599
>can't justify 1000 usd on a toy
why are you poor?
>>
File: 112822435_p1.jpg (2.12 MB, 2894x4093)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
I need recommendations for a desktop/flex arm for my cintiq 16. (not pro)
>>
>>7196358
For a free program krita is pretty great imho
>>
>>7200651
>>7200732
ended up buying a samsung ultra s8 as it's on sale for half price. hope it suits me well, /ic/ reviews and reviews elsewhere are promising. i prefer csp to procreate anyway
>>
>>7200923
oh hell yeah dude enjoy that bitch also i recommend getting a gen1 wacom one pen to go with it not that there's anything wrong with the s-pen i just think it's better
>>
>>7200927
yeah i've nabbed the pen too as reviews said the s-pen was too light. also a bellemond screen protector (i really loved it on my ipad)
>>
>>7200774
Alternatively, Huion's adjustable monitor stand which uses the same mechanism. But I prefer the parblo stand because then I can swap between my kamvas and my iPad.
>>
File: IMG_0955.jpg (1.83 MB, 4032x3024)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
Is it just me or is there no comfortable way to hold these pens?
>>
Bros... i bought a tablet but i am kinda stuck on something
the work area
should i set it to my whole monitor or should i set it to the drawing area of the program i use
it's a old deco 01 v2 i bought years ago but never used btw
considering buying a deco pro L latter on if i actually stick with drawing this time(i will!!)
>>
i hate the japanese....
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Bxju6OmkY7I
>>
>>7201782
Post bobs and vagene
>>
>>7201782
a glove works wonders
>>
>>7201782
date me.
>>
>>7182616
>leave this board for like 3 years
>hmmm i wonder what those man/ic/ mfers are up to now
>exact same fucking thread still being posted

holy shit touch grass, get some printer paper and a ticonderoga, blindfold yourself and throw a fucking dart at a collage of tablets to choose one, open up mspaint, etc

anything is better than wasting your fucking time here. go flip burgers for negative wages or something instead of going on four channel dot org
>>
>>7200349
my previous tablet was an s6 lite.
the 14" screen is a huge qol improvement over the 10". I can have multiple windows open and still have plenty of room to draw.
performance wise, the s9 ultra is obviously better than the s6 lite. the s6 lite could only handle about 1080p with a handful of layers and would choke on more complicated brush patterns. the s9 can handle about 4k and i don't have the kind of lag i had with the s6 lite.

I assume performance-wise the s9 is about the same as the s9 ultra. But bigger is better.

on that, the s9 ultra is actually a bit bigger than my desktop tablet. and with the S pen pro air gestures, I can do just about anything i need with one hand.
I actually like this more than my desktop display tablet.
>>
>>7202500
Nobody cares about your input you worthless moron.
>>
>>7200219
Nobody?
>>
File: simon.jpg (141 KB, 1800x700)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>7182616
Picked up the intuos pro medium and I'm pretty new to digital art, I've got a Mac and PC, what drawing software should I start with? I don't mind paying one-off for now but I'm not sure Photoshop is worth it for a beginner? Might be wrong, I would one day like to go professional so would it be worth learning PS sooner rather than later?
>>
>>7202885
Photoshop is worth learning for professional reasons, it has photo editing tools that can't be beat and for drawing it's very solid. I main Procreate but still use Photoshop for stuff like text editing and certain effects. The only flaw is Adobe (I pirate btw)

But for drawing there are a lot of options that are more beginner-friendly have more intuitive features for artists. Krita is free. SAI is lightweight and JustWerks.exe, Clip is feature rich and has the best animation tools outside of dedicated animation software. Affinity Photo is setting itself up as a direct competitor to Photoshop, feature to feature.
>>
I've been using a wacom bamboo for almost ten years now. Should I finally move on to a display? I draw in sai if that matters.
>>
artist 12 or deco pro lw 2nd g en?
>>
>>7203182
display is unironically a downgrade
>>
is there any point to stands for non display tablets?
please respond
>>
>>7203379
Some people find it more comfortable, the same way some people prefer standing up the feet on their keyboard
>>
>>7196070
If you ONLY want to draw, Krita is pretty good. Anything else and the lack of support will start to fuck your ass.
>>
>>7202961
Don't forget to mention the price hike on Clip Studio just to get animation tools is outright insane
>>
File: 200w.gif (267 KB, 200x216)
267 KB
267 KB GIF
>>7182628
>>
>>7192297
>look into best buy too, they have good open box units that are just returns in their 15 day window.

super late to this reply, but if you're still around anon just wanted to thank you for this suggestion. after you said this i ended up finding an "open box" s8 ultra for barely more than what the s9 fe+ would have cost and you were right, its essentially brand new. got a way better tablet with bigger screen, faster processor, more memory, etc etc and no worries about it being some shady "refurbish"
>>
>>7203693
even shading?
what would you use?
>>
ultra gang
>>
Man. When you start to use your elbow to draw you now understand why artists like their 22 inch cintiqs.
>>
but an iPad
do it now
>>
>>7203811
>display tablet
no
>>
>>7203693
>Krita
Lmao keep redeeming Sir
>>
>>7182616
Is there a reason why the tab s6 lite is recommended in the OP over the s9 or is it just price?
>>
>>7204708
Did you literally miss the prefix for that recommendation?
>>
>>7198817
Anyone?
>>
>>7204711
If it's size though they should be the same size, or at least the base s9 is 11"
>>
>>7204856
Well nobody buys the base S9 because the plus and ultra are both better for art just due to size
The only reason the S6 Lite is still brought up is because it costs peanuts
>>
>>7199668
It absolutely can, ignore the other replies
Changing the brush you're using, changing your posture, being under influence can change your art drastically, you just gotta find what clicks
>>
>>7204858
Ok so my original statement of "just price" was correct then I guess.
I'm trying to go for something more sketchbook sized that's a lot more pocketable than the big tablets.
>>
>>7204697
It does the job anon, It's not my fault most shit doesn't have native support
>>7203758
My bad, I mean drawing as most of the shit you'd need for a ´"Complete" piece. Rendering and all of that. Once you want to do anything besides illustration, you're fucked
>>
>>7189510
Leonardo is based, hope it gets some feature updates soon
>>
>buy display tablet after been using screenless
>back pains due to hunched over
>hand in front of my drawing
>tfw expend like 4x more to get a display tablet same size of my old screenless for a inferiore experience
>>
>>7205534
>use thing
>it's different
>make no attempt to adapt and get used to it
>it le bad
>>
>>7205534
the true secret is to either use with a monitor arm or use it with an adjustable table and a stand that supports many different angles
>>
What would be the best way to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite if my job and my home needs don't get me enough?
>>
>>7205544
Steal one I guess, because it sounds like you can't afford one. Have you considered buying a used one? Wacom one pens aren't expensive as a solution if they lost/fucked up the S pen
>>
So the Cintiq 22HD seems to be the best «budget» choice for a screen tablet, should I try to find an older model or are the current gen Cintiq 22HD ok?

Last tablet I had was a Cintiq 16 and it sucked, thankfully drug addicts broke into my parents car and stole it before it ruined me. One thing I remember is how shitty the polymer felt, I also got very gross over time, the whole thing felt super fuckin cheap, is the Cintiq 22HD built better?
>>
Im also planning on buying an iPad Pro for travelling, obviously gen 1-5, depends on markets. Which gen is best? Dad had a gen 5 and it felt very nice but if another anon has more refs and tips I’m all ears
>>
s8 ultra genuinely feels great so far but csp is a little laggy. is there anything in the settings i can fuck with to fix that? by laggy i mean it's jittery when i zoom in and out and sometimes zooming in and out doesn't even work, using simple mode with finger gestures
>>
tilt is a meme
>>
>>7205761
I like tilt for doing stuff like changing your brush drastically at a high tilt, so you can just shift the pen position in your hand to get a shading brush.
>>
File: tourbox.jpg (775 KB, 2500x1667)
775 KB
775 KB JPG
Does anyone have experience with these?
>>
File: Its time.png (396 KB, 1000x553)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
32 inch Cintiq motherboard dies 9 months after warranty ends.
Last time I ever buy a Wacom product. $900 repair time.
>>
>>7206079
Didn’t even know they made them this big, are these tablets the ones you don’t need a pc for? Are they good or just meh?
>>
>>7182616
>>7185804

So i ended up purchasing the Surface Pro 11. I don't recommend it tbqh after using it for the afternoon.
In photoshop, the fucking alt-click has a delay and doesnt register every time. When you transform a selection, you have to click and hold for a second with the pen before you can transform it, otherwise you just move the camera view lol. I've reported this to Adobe customer service, i think theyre saying its a new laptop and theyll pass it on for fix. This is the only reason i dont recommend it right now, the further points i will make are minor/not too big of a deal.

I just dont like the slim pen 2, it's kinda painful to hold for long periods and because it has all this haptic nonsense inside it it feels weird when you tap it against the glass. I disabled it all in windows, but because it physically exists when you tap you can feel it sorta vibrate because it's a bit loose inside the pen i guess. It's a weird sensation. There is a small amount of pen wobble too, but its not that bad in actual use.

The OLED screen also has a built in film grain. I've seen tonnes of complaints about this, and can confirm it's pretty awful. For £1,500 i expected more from the screen tbqh.

You also cant torrent photoshop because it's ARM, so you have to pay adobe money if you want to use it lol.
>>
>>7206036
just get an 8bitdo micro
>>
>>7206094
LMAO what a piece of shit, so avoid like the plague basically
>>
>>7206167
pretty much lol

A shit tonne of apps just dont work/install at all. Tried to download filezilla to ftp to something i use, and it just hanged on install and didnt work too
>>
>>7206170
What the fuck, enshittification has really gotten bad.
>>
>>7206094
>£1,500
Ouch. Yeah, all these windows pen tablet things have been a waste of time. Just get an ipad if you need an AIO. If you have space for a monitor arm you're probably better off with one of those mini PCs stuck to the back of a cintiq.
>>
>>7206177
I have an iPad Air 5th generation and a Galaxy Tab S7. I dont like either of them lol.

ill still keep this SP11, just gotta find a different app to paint in

>>7206175
It's because it's running an arm processor like in mobile phones. It's very powerful, stronger than the cpu in my desktop pc (3700x) but has awful gpu performance. But, because it's ARM regular apps that havent been ported have to run emulated for x86/64. So it's a bit of a coinflip if theyll work.
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 203x248)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Whelp it happened. My old phone died and I need a new one.
Not looking for a tablet but is there a /ic/ rec for Sumsung mobiles? Sorry if this question get asked alot.
>>
>>7206288
I bought an S22 ultra the other day. It's alright, a bit overpriced for what it was at 350 bucks, but the pen is a bit nicer than the old one, and it works well with my old staedtler noris digital. Shame it doesn't have a headphone port.
>>
>>7206094
If you take art seriously and you actually believe a portable device will ever suffice you you are an idiot, especially if drawing is your income. We are still many many steps away from even the "good" category, let alone the optimal one. I know for a fact Adobe, google and MS all employ a shitton of indians so when you invest into this keep that inside your head. Their entire novelty is that an oversized smarthone is somehow able to handle drawing. Its never gonna be optimized or made with art in mind.

Just bite the bullet and get a PC and a 16 inch or more display tablet.
>>
>>7206338
delulu post
>>
>>7206338
Drawing is my hobby and i just like tech. I have a decent desktop PC and an LG OLED as my primary monitor and an Asus Pro Art as my secondary. My primary drawing tablet is an Intuos Pro L because it's better for posture.

This thing scores better than my 3700x pc for CPU based workloads, such as photoshop. It seems fine and is handling drawing at 8000x8000 pixels, like i do on my pc. The only issue is the alt-click and the transform pen bug, but adobe will surely patch that pretty quickly.

It's a full windows pc tablet idk. I just like the idea of a small chill pc i can use without any significant fan noise or powerdraw whilst i draw. Plus i like drawing on the couch and in bed :)
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 300x168)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>7206081
>Didn’t even know they made them this big
Connected to computer, yes. It's gigantic.
They stopped selling them.

This was my 4th Wacom over the course of 13 years (sold the other 3 used over time).
It's not a beginners purchase.

The touch is great, the glass is amazing. It's the best digital drawing experience I've ever had,
no doubt. Obviously it's too expensive for anyone sane but I had a good reason to at the time.

I'll keep repairing this until they tell me they're out of parts but a device that cost $3.6k USD shouldn't break in under 3 years, that's Wacom for you.

I just want a studio job so they can maintain the equipment...
>>
>>7206288
Fuck off idiot. Off-topic.
>>
File: 6533947ld.jpg (769 KB, 1723x1075)
769 KB
769 KB JPG
>>
Still no reviews for the Surface Pro 11. Is there still good reason to be skeptical of ARM over intel?
Are any artists here happy with the Surface Slim Pen?
>>
>>7206784
>>7206094
I just scrolled up and noticed this. Thank you, it pretty much tells me the info I was after.
Ideally I think I’d like an iPad + desktop combo. Whether that’s Wacom or Huion remains to be seen
>>
>>7206094
>You also cant torrent photoshop because it's ARM
Is there a /ic/ guide to torrent photoshoop without paying adobe money?
>>
Artisul good? I'm panning to buy a D16/D16pro
>designed in San Fran and made in Taiwan
>>
>>7206790
Free software: Krita has gotten pretty good,.fire alpaca too.

>>7206787
I Lays felt like huion screens had a sticky feeling.
Wacom breaks unless it's a 4.
>>
>>7206787
>>7206784
If it helps, I tested Clip Studio and Krita. They run in emulated mode but they feel as snappy as my desktop. But that probably increases power consumption running emu

iPad + desktop is definitely a better option. For portability, iPad is half the weight and easier to hold in your arm If you ever want to stand and sketch something in your arm.

>>7206790
GenP or monkrus. Monk is easier
>>
>>7206611
He wants a phone for drawing on, idiot.
>>
>>7206547
I mean I’m going pro in two years so I’m starting to eye these kinds of high tier tablets but yeah if it costs as much as a fuckin car go maintain I’ll stick to newer cheaper stuff like xencelabs, I’m thinking of getting their new 16 model, I’ve seen a few concept artists I respect getting them and plainly telling Wacom to suck shit.
>>
>>7207224
Actually if I had to choose between two screen tablets (screen less is a meme I refuse to adhere to), it would be the Cintiq 22H and the xencelabs 16, any anons who might have experience with both? And I’m also wondering which gen of iPad Pro is best to purchase, is the gen5 still ok for drawing or should I aim for older?
>>
>>7207228
>5th gen iPad Pro
11 inch or 13 inch? 5th gen of the one =/= 5th gen of the other. 13 inch is significantly better for drawing on it; I've got an 11 inch 3rd gen (cellular, 250gb) from 2 or 3 years ago as all-around tablet and am very pleased, portability was very important to me. My generation doesn't have pen hovering, but I'm more trad-inclined and honestly don't give a fuck. It just werks, everything else is skill issue.

Anything but the newest iPad Pro will work. I recommend one that supports the 2nd gen Apple Pencil because charging it is less of a hassle. If the glass is too slippery for you, try a matte or paperlike screen protector. Depending on where you live, you might be able to rent an iPad Pro for a month to really test one before committing.
>>
>>7207386
Thank you anon, the 13 inch version seems a bit more expensive, but it might be worth it, will also look into matte protectors. I’ve heard the new pens are actually worse though? Like they’re not as good for drawing? Tbh I think if I’m too short on cash I’ll go for 3rd gen too, seems there’s very little that changed from 3rd to 5th.
>>
>>7207423
pens are the same, no idea what that faggot is talking about
the only gimped pen is a cheapo one they released as a temporary measure
>>
recently got a hand me down iPad, can anyone recommend a good alternative if I don't want to spend 80 bucks on an apple pen?
>>
>>7207688
Excellent, thank you. There’s a store near me so I can always pop down and try them irl
>>
>>7207719
There is no good alternative. They all have one glaring issue or another because Apple loves their little anticompetitive tactics. Get a used pencil.
>>
ipad nanotexture finally came. for the first time i feel like I can fully migrate to digital with this tool in a way I haven't with other products (cintiq 13 pro, s6 lite).

i get how yoshinari can do keys on procreate, the zoom and rotate is actually phenomenal for inking.
>>
>>7208055
That’s only available on the 1TB+ Pro right? That’s a steep price especially given the limited OS, no?
>>
>>7208099
yea its not cheap, but I wanted 16gb anyway for animation work .

The limited OS holds it back but the alternative is Samsung android or Windows (unusable trash) for mobile tablets.
>>
>>7182616
I have a s6 lite 2020 with broken lcd, is it a good idea to buy an oem replacement lcd and fix it myself instead of going to the samsung service center
>>
>>7208055
Yoshinari uses an ipad mini, doesn't he?
>>
>>7208055
Oh wow, the nano texture iPad looks very good indeed. Honestly I this might be pushing me over the edge to fork out 1,6k for one. Do give us some feedback once you’ve used it for 2-3 days anon!
>>
>>7182616
>>XP-Pen, Huion, Gaomon and every other Chinese brand making Wacom imitations
>Poor build quality, pens with wavy lines, wobbly nibs, broken tilt, issues registering light pressure, terrible customer support, uncalibrated. All Chinese brands have the same problems. Check out the webm to understand how bad they are.
>Do not be fooled by myths like "Chink companies are just as good as Wacom now" - they've been saying this for over 8 years, nothing has changed. Consider reading the amazon reviews, particularly the negative spectrum and you will find some very common themes.
>Chinese companies have also been proven to shill on 4chan. You will see dozens upon dozens of posts in this thread by a chinese schizo shill, who will either be bitching about the OP, gaslighting as a Wacom fan, making pointless spam posts or giving terrible advice (like recommending Huion). Just ignore and report him.
why is this still here when it's clearly not true anymore?
>>
>>7208431
He's a wacom shill and schizophrenic. Also known as Aaron Rutten on youtube (all his videos are wacom paid shills)
>>
Got the xp pen 16 inch gen 2 ,

so far its pretty good after 1 month use,
jumping from a non screen tablet to a screen isn't as amazing as I though it would be, slightly more relaxing to draw but that's about it

no crazy screen tearing, driver issues etc so far
>>
File: file.png (1.59 MB, 1125x1069)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
it may seen obtuse, but is merely propaganda.
>>
>>7206079
NOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE A CHINESE SHILL NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>7206079
>he bought a display time bomb
meanwhile my "paper weight" is still fine and dandy and i havent expent even half... haha
>>
>>7208811
Хятaд бoл Хoйд Taйвaнь

>>7208858
>he bought a display time bomb
Yeah I did.... luckily I can afford to repair it
>>
I dislike digital because even display tablets dont have the same feeling of /trad/...
>>
>>7206036
Those things are overpriced for what they are, you're better off remapping a Nintendo joycon. I bit the bullet on a hotkey pad and I gotta say this one is nice because screen tells you the shortcut and you can name the shortcut whatever you want. Only 90 bucks when I got it and it pairs well with my intuos 4. Wacom also has one that's similar, but no oled screens
>>
>>7208907
I dislike digital that tries hard at mimicking trad because it will never feel or act the same as traditional medium which makes it disappointing to use. I don't dislike the "trad look" that you can already mimick with digital, it's that trying to integrate the feel in digital tools yields a worse result than just mimicking it using photoshop tricks. I hate programs like Corel/Sai for this reason, it just doesn't feel right and comes off like an insult o digital art as its own medium.
>>
>>7208103
What would be better out of an M2 Pro (120Hz but no barrel rotation) vs M2 Air (barrel rotation but 60Hz)
>>
>>7209178
i tried the 120Hz vs 60hz and couldn't really tell the difference, others swear by it though so idk. I'd still opt for the older gen pro but you will lose out on 1-2 years of extra updates vs the newest ipad air.

Barrel rotation isn't even supported in Procreate so no one knows how useful it will be in art (probably not much). The squeeze feature will be useful but again not supported yet, but it's some extra shortcut functionality you won't need a keyboard for.
>>
>>7208932
Xencelabs is so nice!
>>
>>7209178
I'd see if I can find a Gen 3 pro refurbed if that's in a similar price range. It's been the best sketchbook I could have dreamed off for 3 years.
>>
Has anyone tried drawing on old art programs on DOS and does it work with your tablets
>>
does anyone have any good recommendations for a comfortable case for drawing on the iPad Pro? I think it's one of the 2018 or 2019 ones. I'd like a sturdy kickstand while also being comfortable to hold both portrait and landscape.
>>
How easy is it to scam tablet companies like Huion and XP Pen into sending you free shit? I see tons of reviews on youtube from tiny channels who say that they were sent the tablets for free. Can you just hit them up and lie to them and con them into sending you something? Has anyone tried this?
>>
>>7209378
Just get a folio case that covers the whole iPad, including the sides. All of those cases with fancy kickstands or "rugged" cases add excessive bulk and weight. Better to buy a separate collapsible tablet stand instead.
>>
File: a.jpg (51 KB, 730x1053)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>7208932
Oled keyboard is crazy lol.

I use the Huion Keydial mini, it has stickers you can write on if you need a visual indicator. Only downside is the keybinds dont save on the device, which is retarded, so you have to have the app running in windows all the time.
>>
>>7209191
Weren’t procreate the first ones showing off the rotation feature?
>>
>>7209701
Take your meds guzzler-chan
>>
>>7206386
>drawing is a hobby
Then there is no issue, you don't need anything serious. You aren't very devastated either that you bought an indian node app coded paperweight for nearly 2000 dollar either, so you are probably a richfag who can afford more.
>>
>>7209378

The brown leather one…Zropro or whatever. Don’t buy the Zugu case, it’s overrated. The pen holder on mine worn out over time and it no longer charged the pen through the case. Plus the magnet on the case is just glued on and eventually it’ll fall apart. At least with this cheaper case it’s simple enough and nothing gets in the way of the pen charging.
>>
threadly reminder to just buy an ipad
>>
>>7210602
>you bought an indian node app coded paperweight
I dont understand what this is meant to mean, ngl.
>>
switching to a screenless from trad....
should i map my active area to the whole monitor?
only to canvas?
>>
>>7211053
Whole monitor, make sure aspect ratio correction is enabled so circles are circular when you draw them.

If you were dumb and bought a small screenless instead of going for large as a minimum (which it is), maybe you could set it as canvas instead. But then you're just going to be annoyed when you want to click anything outside the canvas.
>>
>>7211438
is deco pro 01 v2 large enough?
i am saving for a bigger screenless anyway
perhaps the largest new deco pro
>>
>>7211452
>deco pro 01 v2
8x12 is about the minimum I'd consider acceptable, 6x10 is what that has.

Buy an old Intuos4, you retard. It's far better in every way, and will cost you the same as that.
>>
>>7211454
Deco Pro (Gen 2) XLW is bigger and pratically same price....
>>
>>7211454
also finding those used here where i live is hard
peopole only sell if you are from the same state and want to sell for new price
>>
>>7211456
>is bigger and pratically same price....
It's 3x the price where I am. It's also probably inferior in most aspects, most of the chink tablets have heavy smoothing you can't disable.

>>7211457
You might have to wait a week or two for one to pop up, or you might have to pay a bit more. Hell, you could go down to an Intuos3 if you want, or up to an Intuos5. Just find a large old wacom you can get for around 50 bucks with the pen, it's not hard.
>>
>>7208405
its sublime. ive only worked trad, and I feel like I could really migrate fully into digital now. My digital sketching is still shit compared to pencils but that's just practice - lineart is so fucking fun on it.
>>
>>7211469
Nnnnghhh fuck, fuck, fuck, now I want one as well aw man.
>>
>>7208055
(((nanotexture))) sounds like a gimmick if you’re just going to put a screen protector on it anyway
>>
>>7211518
It’s the same surface as a Wacom, is that a gimmick?
>>
>>7211053
Whole monitor, and make sure the aspect ratio is correct. It's more convenient if you could access windows and your apps menjs/tools while on your tablet instead of using the mouse.

>>7211438
This guy beat me to it. Basically what he says.
>>
>>7211522
No but it gives me no reason to upgrade from my m1 ipad. I’m not letting these techies fool me, the m1 is powerful enough.
>>
>>7211522
It is when it costs extra

My main gripe is that it's troublesome putting a screen protector on top of a textured display. With digitizer monitors there isn't really a need since it's just going to be on your desk 100% of the time but any portable device I own is getting a screen protector, no ifs ands or buts.
>>
>>7211941
then it's not for you dude, i mostly use my ipad at home and the office. I have sketchbooks if I want to draw something at a museum (rare).

There are magnetic screen protectors too.
>>
Is it an upgrade or a downgrade if I change from the Huion Kamvas 13 Pro to the Wacom One Medium?
My Kamvas screen is broken so I am using it as a pen tablet now.
I am thinking whether I should switch to a proper tablet that is specifically designed for use as a pen tablet.
>>
>>7212423
First, a medium is far smaller than 13". And second, you can buy a fucking Intuos4 large for 50 bucks, you retard.

I get wondering about this kind of stuff years ago. But now the old Wacom stuff has slightly dropped support, the prices are rock bottom, there is no point to buying the newer (mostly worse) Wacom stuff. I can understand people buying the chink screen tablets, but pen tablets are a solved field.
>>
>>7185666
you got no replies because nobody in this thread actually draws. they're too busy fagging out over brands
>>
i've decided to drop my pen tablet
realized i've spending much time wondering whether it's worth to fight this tablet so i can more confidently draw without looking at it, if i should buy a display, learning how the fuck photoshop works what brushes to use
instead of just learning to draw
i will switch to digital once i get my basics down, and in the meantime i might as well save for some 16' display
>>
>>7185666
They do get worn down. Especially the Paperlike brand ones, they're particularly prone to wear. But there's nothing stopping you from just keeping it on. I've been using the same protector for nearly two years now.
>>
>>7212178
>There are magnetic screen protectors too
Except they're all either matte or privacy screens which would greatly diminish visual clarity on an already textured display

It just seems like a whole lot of trouble to go through/pay for when I could just get a regular screen and a matte protector
>>
>>7212668
Understood thanks
>>
new
>>7212728
>>7212728
>>7212728

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.