[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: U9c3IW1S_400x400.png (127 KB, 400x400)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
do you have a personal website for your art?
>>
I don't know how...
>>
>>7206535
I plan on making one soon-ish actually. I just have to make a portfolio I'm actually happy with (so never).

>>7206550
How to what? Make a personal site? Code? Host a site? What is it you're telling us you don't know?
>>
no
>>
>>7206550
with today's sponsor obviously
>>
>>7206535
Yes, I learned basic HTML coding during covid, made a basic website, spend a lot of time to make it the most simple and responsive I could while creating fancy gifs for the menus.
Never uploaded any art on it.
I'll do it tomorrow, or someday...
>>
Yes,but Covid ate it.
>>
>>7206535
I've got one for my writing but I just use regular-ass gallery sites for my artwork, because I've got such a massive back-catalog of stuff, am not very good at fancy javascript tricks, and it would be a massive waste of time to make a gallery manually.
>>
>>7206535
still workin on it!
>>
>>7207724
ill work on my site tomorrow if you work on yours
>>
>>7206535
Yes, it's mainly for clients.
>>
>>7208209
Alright anon, I will. I just need to fix my drawings, take pictures or scan them and put them on the site. Tomorrow is sunday and i'll have time to do it.
What do you have to do?
>>
>>7207709
How is shaving my balls going to help build a website?
>>
>>7208237
lots hahaha. tons of under construction sections to fix, pages to update, etc

https:www.aproxm.com

good luck with your own fixin
>>
>>7206535
yes but considering im getting 1 pity like on a good day on social media you can imagine how dead my site is.
its fun to work on and update though.
you dont really need to know code if you use a program like dreamweaver or wix or wordpress.
>>
>>7206535
yeah but it's really shitty and i abandoned it 2 years ago, now i'm reminded it exist and it's time to get back to fixing it
>>
https://j-explorer.neocities.org/

I made this interactive website several years ago. But I haven't updated it.
>>
>>7208815
very creative!
>>
>>7208238
ill buy your pubes for $20
>>
more websites
>>
yes, but im too retarded to add a gallery, and too prideful to use some premade website builder.
>>
anyone from /ic/ tried cara? i see a lot of twitter artists migrating there.
>>
>>7210612
There was a big thread about it >>7186870
It looks fine, though it needs some work, particularly around optimisation.
A lot of anons cried about it's algorithm not immediately making them the no.1 user on the site though.
>>
Yes but it's a work in progress
>>
>>7207839
Shame. Looks cozy, reminds me sites I used to browse in the 2000s.
>>
>>7206535
yes
https://pawell2418.github.io
>>
>>7208396
oh this link doesnt even work let me try again
https://aproxm.com/
>>
>>7212343
>>7210982
Just scraped your sites with wget, am I going to jail now?
>>
>>7212438
yes you will die
>>
https://lukajk.com/
>>
>>7206535
>do you have a personal website for your art?
yeah, pic related. i make the site in dreamweaver. its fun to make a website. my site is really simple so
I can update it easily.
>>
>>7206535
i do but also neocities tourists caused an eternal september in 2021 and i'm still pissed over it now
not even because they're trans or whatever they just don't know how to code an actual website and all use the same sad template and abandon it after a month. many such cases
>>
>>7206535
I just don't understand why. Why? It doesn't enter in my head coding a whole site only to post my drawing shit but how that could be even organised, how it is supposed to look like. I can't understand, why?
>>
>>7209180
Thank you. Although I got bored quickly because neocities only allows you to create static pages x_x
>>
i have a website, but my art isn't featured on there much. it's mostly just a blog.
>>7216697
neocities fucking sucks. so many BLOATED websites with NOTHING interesting going on.
>>
>>7218045
>neocities fucking sucks. so many BLOATED websites with NOTHING interesting going on.
To be fair, is that their fault? They're just offering the tools, it the people who use them that suck.
And for a free service, I think they're decent.
>>
>>7218086
yeah that's really what i meant. neocities is cool and i wish more normal people made websites on there instead of using social media.
>>
>>7218045
>so many BLOATED websites with NOTHING interesting going on.
This has been a (valid) criticism of the amateur web scene since the beginning, Anon. All that's really changed since the 1990's and today is that people realized it's gauche to cover your homepage in hundreds of gaudy fucking gifs.

I don't wanna discourage anyone from creativity but ftlog have more things on your website than a landing page and two blog entries about banal shit, written in 2021.
>>
Not anymore. I used to have one and then ran a poll on my most popular platform and asked what people thought about it. I got "huh what? you have a website?" and less than 50% of people even clicked on it. This is despite me still getting commissions and donations. Remember, people are dumb and have 1 second attention spans. That was enough proof for me to nuke my site and just link to my Patreon or linktree.
>>
>>7207724
>made a basic website, spend a lot of time to make it the most simple
That's awesome! building a website from scratch with just HTML is a big win. In time, you can easily monetize it with Hydro without any hassle. just upload your site and let the profits roll in!
>>
File: 20240705_073356.jpg (114 KB, 736x983)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
One good thing about the earlier internet is that websites were more common. I
Now it seems like only bugger companies has one

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.