[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3832.jpg (51 KB, 700x368)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
What do YOU consider drawing for fun, anon? For me I’d say it’s doing anatomy studies, it’s always interesting learning more and more about how the human body functions
>>
Drawing for fun is when the drawing looks funny :D
>>
>>7207927
OP image is exactly what keys to drawing tells you to do. to draw the silhouette first and then draw the inside. see what happens?
>>
>>7207980
I don't understand people who draw the whole silhouette first. It feels more difficult.
>>
>>7207927

I don't think I ever drew for fun, and it's the reason I've struggled so much in finishing drawings, stories, paintings...

I have ADHD, so what makes things fun for me is the stimulus. The novelty of learning something, the momentum once it begins to click, and the ways to make it easier. If not that, I would create the most when I took the train to work. There was nothing else to do, I was left alone, and I had a nice view on a moving car.

Now I'm dealing with life without those things, and being that I've written my own stories and made paintings, there's no novelty in the process anymore. I walk to work now, so I can't draw then. When I do have time, it feels like a lot of effort to create and I can't come up with an idea that excites me enough to see it through to the end, so I just read comics and listen to audiobooks and surf youtube instead.

Having some friends that draw and write would be a huge plus, but it's hard to find meetups that are below 50 years old and aren't focused strictly on fine arts and romance/thriller novels.

So yeah, trying to get back to drawing, I don't care if it's for fun or not as long as what I make isn't boring.
>>
>>7207927
Drawing for fun is when Im having fun drawing.
>>
>>7207927
Digital artist / Art Director here.
I just draw for fun when drawing stuff for my toddler.
Otherwise I wont draw at all in my free time.
>>
>>7208335
Why do this?
Because when you focus on tiny details first, you often overlook the larger picture and proportions suffer. It's like building a house on a pile of mud.

The key is changing the way you see. Jump out of the minor details and see the big picture.
One way to refer to this is "masses".
The whole is a mass, a shape. and then break it down into smaller masses.
>>
File: margot.png (2.09 MB, 1275x1650)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
>>7207927
I LOVE playing with textures! Layering and seeing how different textures give different moods and effects is so much fun. Especially when I can "hide" little pieces of them in an image
>>
File: 20240618_124613.jpg (1.22 MB, 3000x4000)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
For fun,I started a story.

Have a "comic diary" where preset comic panels are laid out to be filled, so started this tale of the past where the world was very different. Not looking for either great art or dialogue, just enough of both to make it to paper.
>>
File: Untitled18_20240626233213.png (510 KB, 1000x1000)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
>>7207927
I find that drawing is most reliably fun when it's in my comfort zone (cute basic anime girl), but I also do get a lot of pleasure from learning new things and trying to improve. It all varies on my mood though. Picrel is an example that I drew just now while taking a shit, pretty soulless but also quite nice and comforting for me.
>>
>>7207927
Using or creating a new tool can sometimes spark inspiration, like "OH with this thing I can do this" then you'll start drawing and come up with more uses for the new tool.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.