[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

yet this doesn't?
What exactly is going on that makes this work...
>>
>validate my taste
retard OP is retarded
>>
File: wizard brew.webm (1.62 MB, 720x1280)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB WEBM
...while all I can see here is a 3D hand being rotated in 3DS Max?
>>
Same way rotoscoping looks off.
>>
>>7207991
>Cartoon
Your mind fill the blanks.
>3D "Flawed perfection"
No room for your mind to fix the inbetweens, result: Uncanny valley effect.

Is that Tommy Lee Jones?
>>
The same way impressionism works.
>>
>>7207991
There's more to animation than just "technically correct"
Read up on animation principles like build up, easing, squash and smear, followthrough, etc. There's a reason why animation is more than just getting point A to B. In fact, you can make a good 3D animation by incorporating all the animation principles from the 2D and why the shit animation are the ones who thought of using 3D 'because it's cheaper'
>>
You know Hotel Translyvania 2 has a really good blend between classic animation principles and 3d modeling. The problem is they struggled to create the exaggerated dynamic foreshortening effect of this scene and to create some innovative solution. https://youtu.be/OEq-KMX9tac?si=UWfNQ07Ac0MD1lsw&t=31

AI looks promising in its potential ability to make merging 3d animation with the classic principals of animation accessible. I think it'll actually be when we start seeing a lot more 3d animation that's less bound by "accuracy".
>>
vision is mostly an illusion btw
>>
>>7207993
Wasn't it done in blender? But regardless even knowing that I don't see any particular problem with that hand.
>>
>>7207991
If it looks bad, 3d or 2d, I got two words

Skill issue
>>
File: mindgame.webm (1.26 MB, 958x408)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB WEBM
>>7207991
I think because it's redrawn, so you get those handmade imperfections.
>>
>>7207991
you're right op, trying to draw technically is a wasted effort
your flat featherily scribbles are superior to to something that looks "correct"
>>
>>7207991
Because art exaggerates poses, makes them more "Dynamic".
>>
>>7208149
What's up with their expressions? First time in a car or some shit?
>>
>>7208053
/Thread
2D Animators aren't just artists that draw movement, and imitate life, they're also actors and camera guys.
That's why rotoscoping and 3D tracing is so shit and why 3D animation is trending towards a mix of 2D and 3D in the west.
Across the Spider verse, Puss in Boots 2, The Bag Guys and Wish are recent exemples of that mix.
3D is naturally soulless so you need a lot of 2D to try to salvage it, AI is even worse than 3D so you need a real artist to fix the garbage that AI generates so naive investors spend their life savings on AI.
>>
>>7207991
same way why illustrations with 3d assets look worse than 2d
>>
>>7207991
ITT we have people who never used 3D in their lives, shitting on a medium they know nothing about, even though the clip op posted is traced from 3D. This fucking website lmao. Fishermen would have a field day on here.
>>
>>7208557
So wall-E is soulless? Yeah you’re a fucking retard.
>>
>>7208623
So you think Wall-E wouldn't have been improved if it had been a frame-by-frame 2D animation?
>>
File: EEA8WENU8AIpAIZ.jpg (102 KB, 625x960)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>7207991
>>
>>7207993
PYW
>>
>>7208061
Lupin III: The First
Is also a pretty decent adaption of anime into 3d. Character designs are just a little bit toned down but it looks just right in 3d.
>>
>>7207991
Your imagination makes it look good.
The more realistic something is the least imagination you can add to it.
>>
>>7207991
I think the main reason is frame count, fps in 3d reference/render being constant, while fps in good animation is based on the movement
>>
>>7208557
is spiderverse, puss in boots 2d though?

They just change the frame count a lot and use mad after effects, it's all rendered still.
>>
>>7207991
fps
>>
>>7208648
>ties a panicked crow to your head
>see you can't get that in nature.
>>
>>7208623
>wall-E is soulless
The script and characters are great but the 3D animation isn't even close to how good 2D animated movies with similar budget look.
>>7208623
>you’re a fucking retard
You're the retard here anon I'm not talking about the story but the animation type. Wall-E would look a lot better in 2D with Disney budget.
>>
>>7211472
They use 2D fx animation besides the frame reduction to look anime like.
>https://www.artstation.com/blogs/vfxapprentice/OYvD/spider-verse-2d-fx-artist-slava-lightsoul-on-learning-vfx
>>
>>7211892
Again, you’re retarded.
>>
>>7207991
source on this kino ?
>>
>>7208648
who is this based man?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.