[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1717906958400.png (1.22 MB, 1687x1080)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
https://youtu.be/Usry6gVEAcE

Despite how ic no draw faggots love to hate on him,i still have a soft spot for this adorable fellow, what do you guys think about him ?
I wish he would do more finished work again, some of his earlier paintings are bery naisu desu.
Mods please ban any and all replies regarding marsupials, thanks.
>>
he taught millions to watch videos instead of drawing.
>>
Also, I don't know if you can call 20 min vid a documentary but Ill ignore that since it means I'll actually watch it. This guy did a decent one on the Watts Atelier too a few weeks back.
>>
File: dfdf.jpg (9 KB, 320x320)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>7208175
I'm not going to waste my time watching a cuckold talk about his life.
>>
>>7208175
not sure how much of it is distortion but those are some tiny legs....
>>
>>7208205
yea they seem off, tbf that reference guy also seems to be a manlet
>>
Ugh. Is that AI? Look at his foot. I seem to remember proko was enthusiastic about AI in one of his shitty podcasts
>>
>>7208231
The hand is the size of the forearm…
>>
>>7208205
>>7208208
>>7208231
I seem to remember that he spoke about that piece in a livestream once (covid livestream I think where he started a portrait and he honestly wasn't doing too great). I think he said it was done during lightbox or some other live event and it took him 3 hours or so. I had sort of come across that piece before online and thought it was impressive for the brief time I would spend looking at it, but soon after whatever livestream I'm talking about I remember paying more attention the next time I saw it and noticing the subpar proportions. I guess there should be proof for his claim if he's telling the truth but then it's not so bad for the pose anyway imo.

Past the pecs and shoulders the lengths in the arms, abs, legs, etc. should be "stretched out" horizontally and vertically because the proportions and angles are mostly good; the proportions would be even better if the lengths of each part was adjusted correctly.
>>
>three minutes in and already turns into an ad for jeff
Hahahhaha
>>
Has anyone here ever finished one of those 50-100 hour Proko or NMA courses?
>>
buy an ad
>>
>>7208175
>what do you guys think about him ?
I like him as a person but I don't care for his art.
>>
>>7208397
>anyone here ever finished
No one have time for that. Long Video Courses are bloated just so they can sell them for more money.
>Wow that course is 999 hours long that sure is worth $200 instead of $10 like those courses on Udemy that last just 80 hours.
Artists and Programmers are retarded.
>>
>>7208175
He’s a very inoffensive person and the hate he gets on /ic/ is bizarre imo. He’s just an artist like the rest of us, and I think a lot of his advice is quite useful
>>
>>7208175
>what do you guys think about him ?
regular joe, nice idea but books are way better than his courses, I have pirate many of them finished none because the topic is tackled way better in a book.
Skelly app has a nice model and thats all, horrible and janky interface, no update in poses, no way to share my own poses, posemaniacs is way better.

Interviews are great tho, unless its jeff wats then is him sucking up to him.

6/10 is not a scammer and delivers.
>>
>>7208554
HE'S OBVIOUSLY IMPERFECT FFS
>>
>>7208175
Prokogsama...
>>
Is the kangaroo in there?
>>
>>7208175
>Despite how ic no draw faggots love to hate on him
Not sure why -- he seems like a really cool person. This documentary was pretty cool, too.

My only gripe with Proko the brand is that they don't offer a subscription service for accessing their content. I do not want to pay premium prices for individual courses. If they had like a $50 a month sub or something, I'd gladly cough it up.
>>
>>7209835
>subscriptionfags
ths is how Adobe played you retards
>>
>>7209855
Stay mad, broke ass nigger
>>
Wahoo! It's a me mario! Type "op is a faggot" otherwise you're cursed with no gains for 4 years! Wahoo!
>>
>>7209869
>>7209835
Nah subscription buying bitchmade clowns like you need to be liquidated.
OP IS A FAGGOT
>>
>>7209877
you are a faggot
>>
File: 1694035701584176.gif (1.52 MB, 204x200)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB GIF
>>7208175
bro is not a fine artist, he's a 2nd rate 3rd rate 4th rate 5th rate 6th rate 7th rate 8th rate 9th rate copy
>>
>>7208175
>makes money doing art
>has fun doing it
>/ic/ makes 0 money doing any art
>4chan genuinely hates fun
Follow the money and the contrarianism, bro. The hate is seethe and cope from no draw crab homos.
>>
File: k.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>open transcript
>ctrl+f
>kangaroo
>zero results
>>
>>7209898
I'm taking that gif
>>
>>7209921
unironically what the fuck was he thinking here
>>
>>7209941
he wasnt
>>
>>7209877
You are the faggot
>>
>>7208175
He unironically needs to do more abstract art.
>>
>>7208175
why is the Mario plush placed into the camera-shots so much? the guy doesn't even talk about games. it looks super out of place.
>>
>>7211581
he finishes inside his mario onahole before recording every video and keeps forgetting to take it off frame
>>
>>7211581
probably a paid product placement, or told to put it there by his sponsors. who knows. it definitely looks very weird in what is supposed to be an art studio.
>>
>>7208175
He gatekept billions of artists with the anatomy meme, potentially creating thousands of future hitlers
>>
>>7208554
4channels are insecure incels who hate on anything so it’s not that surprising to anyone
>>
>>7211593
wow, that is a great thing then
I love proko now
>>
>>7208554
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>7208175
he's good even if only at drawing references.
let's say someone is going to get their portrait painted, the artist will keep checking their reference while painting.
so how many artists had to keep their reference in view while drawing?
there's nothing wrong with needing references.
>>
>>7208175
seems like a snake-oil shill. literally never seen a single good piece of art from him ever. yet another mediocre "guru" selling courses to clueless noobs. many such cases...
>>
Proko? More like crabko
>>
>>7208205
Most people don't have heroic leg proportions
>>
>>7208175
I only hate him because he will never draw my testacles from reference
>>
>>7209877
Op is a faggot
>>
>>7208397
Very, very small percentage of people actually finish courses. This goes for any platform. For course hoarders that's even less. If you're a course maker on these said platforms you have the data at your fingertips to see who completed your course. Say you have about 500 customers, only 20 people will make it to 80% done and 10 people 100%. The rest will either never start the course or only watch 1 or 3 videos.

Proko and New Masters Academy is no different. I guarantee you a large portion of revenue NMA makes is from people getting charged monthly who aren't even using their subscription.
>>
File: IMG_20210418_211542.jpg (385 KB, 1464x2048)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
Proko is an awesome dude.
I've lost count of how many times I learned from Proko. iirc even in the Radiorunner's Curriculum for the Solo Artist, he's one of the main teachers.
>>
>>7215759
How many thousands of floating Loomis heads do I need to grind to get to this level?
>>
>>7215759
Why don't you post your work instead of some pixiv shit?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.