[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault_kant.jpg (83 KB, 1920x1080)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
How do I stop being satisfied with the idea of drawing and start drawing?
>>
>>7209405
By drawing. You have agency right? I mean you typed your post out so you obviously control your fingers. So you send the command to your arm/fingers and start drawing. It's not really different from walking or eating or using your body in general
>>
>>7209405
u cant, bc ur not an artist u just like the idea of being an artist
>>
Be satisfied with the idea of being able to draw something that doesn’t exist, or that suits your specific tastes, rather than waiting for or paying someone else to do the same.
>>
>>7209405
I came here to find an answer to that, OP. >>7209466 Is very right.

This explains our psychology a bit, it's just very hard to break this cycle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A7GTGSfrIU

We'll get there, OP. I think. Maybe. Dunno. Have a nice Sunday.
>>
>>7209501
Oh sorry, I meant to say >>7209428 Is very right. Clicked the wrong poster.
>>
>>7209405
Become dissatisfied with your lack of drawings.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 240x210)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
I've lost my drawing mojo for months and need it back. /ic/anons lend me your strength.
>>
File: file.jpg (32 KB, 500x501)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>7210166
i won't let you down
>>
File: sketch1719289294003.png (139 KB, 719x784)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
not him, but I've been struggling a lot myself. it sucks because when I'm drawing all my problems go away and I'm so happy. I just can't pick up the pen.
>>
>>7209405

Start starving yourself of art. Stay off of artists' social media accounts, image boards, and don't look at any art books or images in general. Change the wallpaper on your phone to a plain white background. No animated series or film either.

After a short while, you'll crave the stimulation and want to provide it yourself.
>>
What helps me is always staring a drawing session with warm-ups where I am allowed to draw poorly, do exercises, doodle, really free to do whatever. Even a brief study. You can dismiss anything poor as you simply not being warmed up, and in a way, it actually is true. Sometimes you just need to keep drawing before you actually draw something you like and overcome art block.
This whole thing with being satisfied with the idea of drawing needs a bit of a reality check, remind yourself that if you don't draw and instead think about good drawing, you will simply hinder your progress and take longer to get to where you want. Basically, you're just fantasizing instead of taking steps to make that a reality.
>>
>>7209405
you have to literally force yourself to draw

its like a fire,
you can stare at it all you want
even add wood
but unless you light a spark
it will never burn.
>>
>>7212889
This is sometimes true, but if you spend hours of drawing every day for a week and end up not enjoying it and never get into the flow, it might be time to look into a new hobby.

The people who actually make it or gitgud or whatever you define it as, are people who enjoy the process/result and are willing to put other things aside for the craft because they're so tuned into it they forget about other things/
>>
>>7209405
you are introspective and can imagine things vividly, which ironically is needed to draw but makes it hard to draw. Normies dont have inner voices constantly calculating and weighing options and hypotheticals, they just do things the moment the thought pops into their head. You probably need to be convinced with airtight logic to do something new, so you can't just go draw for no reason.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.