[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719271692158.png (515 KB, 636x636)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
I wanna try studying facial features more often from imagination, what elements should I add to my portraits so they look more dynamic?
>>
>>7211082
Is that your art?
>>
>>7211091
Unfortunately no, it's from a Twitter artist I found
>>
>>7211082
if you're talking about weebshit then just draw some slag wity big tits and retards will like it and afterwards kys
otherwise go look at portrait paintings by zorn and co
>>
>>7211082
prompt?
>>
>>7211082
Since no one gave an good faith answer I'll try

For portaits and for lots of art pieces the thing that makes them look nice to me are how well the following is done

Character expression/emotion (Bereft also counts)
Lighting/colors/values
Story(Optional and hard to do)
The background should be decent but not take away from the main focus
Basic anatomy/facial proportions (Unless it's stylized, See crocker's ear, it doesn't have to make sense if it works well

>pic is a quick sketch, not really that great since it's unfinished but better to post something than nothing
>>
>>7211103
ironically looking for anime art based on the zorn palette. No not that AI shit I keep seeing on google images.
>>
>>7211082
I would look into tutorials for photographers, they know the best what makes good portrait.
>>
>>7212531
>>7212569
Thank you anons, I guess I must focus on making it as dramatic as I can, without taking away the simplicity of a portrait
>>
File: file.png (294 KB, 476x404)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>7211082
Unironically, study expressions from hentai manga, the more deranged, the best.
>>
>>7211082
light and shadow, show the digastric plane or the top of the head so it doesn't look flat, 2/3 and 3/4

I love Sargent charcoal portraits
>>
>>7212716
Sargent makes me weep. Literal art god.
>>
>>7212716
Thank you, also I'll add Sargent to my Portrait studies
>>
>>7212655
Don't do this unless you're a degenerate

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.