[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rsz_display_image.jpg (125 KB, 478x640)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
Then don't bother calling yourself an artist.
>>
File: 1624135876195.jpg (129 KB, 1102x1000)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>look at /trad/
>every single post is some sort of permaschizo
lmao no
"trad" just means brainless atelierfaggots or boomer copiers or hyperrealist redditora
>>
>>7212498
>hours long drawing
>vs quick sketch
man no draws really make the dumbest of obvservations
>>
>>7212486
The best digital artists I know can paint in oils, so maybe there's some truth to it.
>>
You know what's the worst thing about painting traditionally? It's cleaning my brushes and palette and the fucking cost. Fuck man I just wanna pick a color and slap it down. I don't want to have to focus chroma and value so that I can compensate for the limitations of a subtraction color model. I don't want to worry about the canvas I'm going to use. I don't want to have to ventilate or go outside if I want to use turpentine or gamsol. It's such a fucking pain in the ass. A lot of the time it feels like the only thing it's teaching me is patience.
>>
>>7212486
post your traditional work
>>
>>7212498
I'm a digital artist primarily but trad chads are really chill what are you talking about?
>>
>>7212486
I draw, don't like painting
>>
>>7212498
Of course, if you never train to draw from imagination, you're going to suck drawing from imagination.

And if you don't practice drawing from observation, then you're going to be subpar there too.

A long observational drawing from life is hard. The aesthetic of it might not be as pleasing as something less tight, but you can still appreciate it intellectually.

>>7212504
It's a super-duper bad quick sketch;compare with Huston's or Watts's.

>>7212519
Take the gouache pill. Or, don't clean your brushes with oil, just dip them in a slow drying oil between sessions, use oil paper, don't use turpentine, and so forth; there are workarounds.
>>
File: Pastel.png (212 KB, 463x373)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
OP, Im going to make use of your shitty thread to ask a very easy question: Just what the fuck is this thing called?
>inb4 pink
The paint type, you moron.

I've been tring to look for information about this specific type of paint just so I can learn how to paint with it, but I dont know it's english name. We call it "cold-based paint" roughly and it's not very dense, but rather liquid. Does anyone know it's name?
>>
>>7212955
They are a brand of acrylic paints
>>
>>7212486
>Quick reminder that if you can't paint traditionally then don't bother calling yourself a cuck.
>>
>>7212486
too many paintings you can choose from, but you pick something that looks AI generated in a potato pc
>>
>>7212498
>>7212918
It doesn't really matter because one is a preliminary sketch and one is a finished piece. Theyb didn't just start drawing the one the left and have it come out like that they started with something like on the left, probably erased and touched it up a few times, and gradually started adding in details and finally rendered the light and shadow. If you were to compare the initial sketch of both they would probably look identical.
>>
>>7212955
It looks like that's acrylic paint, Anon. According to their website they make all kinds of paints but the only one called Cold Painting is their classic acrylic series https://orocolorcolombia.com/collections/pintura-al-frio-acrilica-clasica

Also, am I reading wrong or are these like $2,000 a piece?
>>
>>7212958
>>7214455
That doesnt make much sense because Im checking acrylic paints and they are clearly more dense than these cold paints. It could be that they are some variant of acrylic, but I cant say for sure.
>Also, am I reading wrong or are these like $2,000 a piece?
Not quite kek. They are 2000 Colombian Pesos (they use the dollar symbol for some reason), which is merely 50 cents each.
>>
>>7212486
What the fuck is this garbage? It's so shit I thought it was ai at first.
>>
>>7214512
That's because it's AI you retard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.