[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Pinterest is full of ig selfies, movies screenshots, magazine photoshoots etc., packs for artists only have naked ppl posing. I'm looking for your average ppl doing mundane, everyday things. I'm shit at photography and also feel awkward going out and taking pictures of randos.
>>
>>7213701
Check on google for beaches and mountain pics with groups of people.
Thats it. The thread is over.
>>
>>7213701
Go to normal places, take normal pictures.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (1.08 MB, 1866x627)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>7213705
Worked like charm (not)
>>
>>7213705
Fuck off retard, Google is nothing but canned stock photos and AI slop. Op is right to ask for resources.
>>
>>7213706
>I'm shit at photography and also feel awkward going out and taking pictures of randos.
>>
>>7213706
If you do that you're a creep.
>>
>>7213710
Anything I search on google images it's indian AI slop mixed with a few random real things and a few DEI things. I didn't imagine Google images turned so bad recently. I think yandex is still the only usable'ish search engine left for images.
>>
>>7213701
>go outside anddo quick sketches of people
>copy other artists who do scenesnlike that
>take screencaps of extras in movies
>>
File: 1658039453_197621.jpg (197 KB, 1620x1080)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>7213727
yandex is miles better, but still full of corporate stock images
>>
>>7213732
>go outside anddo quick sketches of people
if I feel awkward taking photos, what makes you think I would want to risk them coming over and looking at what I draw?
>copy other artists who do scenesnlike that
don't want to copy artists because they already solved the visual problems in their own way, I want to do it on my own.
>take screencaps of extras in movies
that's what i've been doing occasionally, but it's a pain in the ass looking for shots and is still very posey in comparison to the real thing.
>>
>>7213709
Skill issue. Literally searched for people on the street and normal pics came out.
>>7213710
Kys faggot
>>
>>7213701
take screencaps of youtube videos like blog stuff. That's what I do.
>>
>>7213713
Eat a few burgers, dress yourself like an American tourist. Alternative is le Chinese tourist. Your call.

Also before:YYYY can filter some garbage
> https://www.google.com/search?q=street+scenes+photo+before%3A2015
>>
>>7213765
that'll be better than films for sure

>>7213768
>Also before:YYYY can filter some garbage
thanks, I'll try this too
>>
>>7213701
The website I like to use is pbase.com, it's a gallery site for photographers. Mostly it's for hobbyists uploading pictures from their vacation so there's a lot of candid street photography.
The search feature is very hit-or-miss. It's based on the names of the photo albums, so you should try searching for events like festivals or faires or the names of cities and countries. I had a friend who thought the website sucked because he tried to search for "old people" and didn't get anything, but who's going to tag their own photos as "old people"? Lots of good wildlife photography on there too.
>>
>>7213713
>>7213725
Not if you can show people you're an artist. Bring a little portfolio with you so you can show people your work

Also look for candid photos
>>
>>7213958
thanks, bookmarked it
>>
>>7213725
Get drunk, don't give a shit
>>
>>7213701
Google Maps bro
>>
>>7215061
I've never seen ppl on google maps except for an occasional granny with blurred out face.
>>
>>7213958
That website looks promising. Thanks.
>>
>>7213958
>>7213701
I recall of a website of an Aussie photographer who would shoot and post random public scenes. I think it's because it's legal to do so there or something, I don't recall exactly.

And I don't remember the website, but perhaps someone else does?
>>
>>7215087
>>7215012
No prob bros, you definitely have to do some digging, but there are some real gems on there

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.