[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 9782845992641_1_75.jpg (21 KB, 283x411)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Where to beginning learning drawing ? or anatomy (kinda lost in where to start)
>>
>>7214892
why do you want to learn to draw?
>>
>>7214899
To create complex drawing, or just anime person
>>
>>7214901
/2 *character
>>
>>7214892
I’ve been drawing for a couple of years now for hobby reasons and I’ve found it most fun to give it a good blend of doing what I want to do and what I need to do to improve.

Oftentimes I’ll draw something, notice a weak point, then do a couple of exercises to boost my skills in that area. Rinse and repeat. Just make sure the learning part doesn’t get in the way of having fun
>>
>>7214892
>>7214892
Get the following books off of Libgen in this order

Drawing on the the right side of the brain --> Keys to drawing --> Fun with a pencil --> Perspective Made Easy --> Vilppu Drawing Manual --> Figure Drawing: Design and Invention

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain will teach you how to "see" like an artist and will give you a massive confidence boost.
Keys to Drawing will give you a very good toolbox that will allow you to copy anything.anatomy using simple shapes

Fun with a pencil will gently teach you how to use construction in order to draw from imagination. If you want maximum gains you should do the following for each drawing you see in the book:
1) copy the drawing as closely as possible
2) compare your drawing to the source, find the parts you fucked up the most
3) copy again while paying close attention to fixing your biggest mistakes
4) close the book and copy a third time from memory

Learning perspective now will be very helpful in placing characters in an environment.

The Villppu Drawing Manual will give you even more tools to perform construction a will also help you make your characters look less stiff.
Finally Figure Drawing: Design and Invention will teach you how to draw correct anatomy using simple shapes.

You will now have strong enough fundamentals to basically start learning whatever you want without too much effort.

Try to draw everyday for at least half an hour.
Good luck anon
>>
>>7214892
how the fuck do you draw things like this? I mean deciding to draw something with soul.

If I wanted to draw this haruko, I would spend an hour constructing a proper head and then making sure each bang has form and weight, and then I would construct her hat and goggles very carefully and by then the entire thing would look like shit. I wouldn't allow myself to draw hands that big and I would draw such a undynamic stiff pose to begin with, yet this artist did and it looks cute. HOW DO I GO BACK TO DRAWING BEFORE CONSTRUCTION

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.