[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
Why are comic book costumes in movies always so over designed?
>>
lazy shill thread
>>
whats the difference between the styles and stories of marvel and DC?? explain to me like im a shonenslop eater
>>
>>7220614
That's seems more like a question for /co/.
>>
they are like that because they are basically naked (it is faster than drawing drappery) so they need to have what is essentially body paint to be distinguished
>>
>>7220614
Marvel tends to blend action with humor and flawed, relatable characters, personal growth and moral dilemmas. DC's stories have mythic heroes with larger-than-life abilities and backgrounds, and the struggle between good and evil on a grand scale. If DC was Dragon Ball Z, Marvel would be, I dunno, Cowboy Bebop.
>>
File: file.png (2.13 MB, 1003x1536)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
I genuinely don't know. I think everyone does it because Batman did it. Maybe execs think people won't take a guy in spandex seriously.
>>
>>7220589
it's a cultural thing
they think more detail = more real and convincing
not saying there isn't some truth to it
a solid colored suit with no texture to it looks like shit on camera with all the lighting and stuff
it's the same shit plaguing videogames, because they bring a bunch of visual effects fags from hollywood to do games
>>7221155
also this
trend chasing also plagues these things as well
>>
>>7220589
It's okay to like Jujutsu Kaisen anon you dont have to drag Marvelslop into this shit
>>
File: Eternals_profile_pic.png (3.58 MB, 1700x850)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
if anything they are underdesigned nowadays
>>
>>7220589
Because everyone making them is ashamed of themselves.
Spawn, Blade and even Iron Man were all closer to the comics because there were made by people who wanted to make comic books into movies. Not Hollywood drones "ironically" shitting out crap for a paycheck.
>>
>>7221155
That's not NEARLY as overdesigned as the Marvel slop we get nowadays.
>>
File: intro-1613354973.jpg (104 KB, 1000x563)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
I think it really started with the Raimi Spiderman movies. Spiderman's suit is already petty detailed, did we really need the raised webbing and subtle honeycomb pattern?
>>
>>7221688
*pretty
>>
>>7221189
You think that's underdesigned?
>>
>>7220629
>Marvel would be, I dunno, Cowboy Bebop.
Haha no, it would be MHA but with progressives whining that the black girl isn't as popular as the white guy
>>
>>7221688
if i recall correctly, the raised webbing was there, because the cameras couldn't pick up the suit as well without it
>>
Higher resolution movies means more detail can be seen, so more detail is added to the costumes to take advantage of that.

Plus, comic book movies for the past 30 years have had the "we have to top the last one" mentality, which leads to over-everything.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.