[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4842.jpg (2.53 MB, 2922x3666)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
Classic Disney goes hard
>>
Sleeping Beautiful was, and still is, the most beautiful animated film ever made.

It's the Pieta of Michelangelo. A miracle of God. Nothing like this can ever be replicated again.

Why live.
>>
>>7220743
Lol. I feel you on that.
>>
File: Discomp.jpg (1.26 MB, 1000x1400)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>7220736
I liked the 2D era (I know, hot take)
>>
File: IMG_8862.jpg (1.47 MB, 1284x1763)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>7220736
>>
>>7220736
>when he's a doctor
>>
File: Disney.png (135 KB, 245x343)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
The 2d Disney drawings are so beautiful to me, especially when you can see the pure uncolored lineart. It's simple, but also pretty complex at the same time. I tried to learn to emulate it, but it's harder than it looks like. It's so elegant and natural looking, but also stylish. How did they even do that? Surely, each animator must have copied Bridgman at least three times.
>>
>>7222973
>How did they even do that?
Not many could do that. That's why Milt Kahl is so recognized today. He was one of a few handful who could draw these characters. The rest were stuck with Mickey Mouse and animals
>>
File: bedrock-1.jpg (100 KB, 681x383)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>7222973
Feels like the new Flintstones series with an adult Pebbles played by Elizabeth Banks should have a Kahl-inspired design for her character. The cartoon-ier take in Rock-A-Bye Baby didn't always gel. A Classic Disney take on Hanna-Barbera would be interesting if they got the mixture right because obviously they still need a certain amount of slapstick. I don't remember the tone of Sleeping Beauty, but the Black Cauldron is very Kahl-inspired and that had a very Burtonesque element to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGmupDXMVvE

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.