[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

How many of you track the hours you spend drawing? What's the best way to do it (software, spreadsheets, simple pen and notebook)? Share your time-trackign setup with the rest of us!

Also, pyw, to show us the results that time-tracking discipline has brought you!
>>
>>7221356
just set a minimum you want to do in a day and otherwise immerse yourself in your work. If you're having fun working on a piece you shouldn't be worrying about how long, but instead something more like, "I have to fit in these obligations so I have to take a break for a while"
>>
Ok so I know this might be considered a bit unorthodox but I just draw. Pen in hand and I'm stroking my canvas you feel me. None of that gay shit. None. Even made it out the hood my N.
>>
>>7221432
>>7221495
keeping yourself accountable is the fastest way to improve. I get it, though, if you don't care about that.
>>
>>7221356
I use android notes and have cataloged my hours every day for the past three years.
>>
>>7221507
post your hours, please. also, your work

just for curiousity's sake
>>
>>7221524
Sure, earliest I started keeping track of my hours was in 2020 but phone's notes weren't formatted correctly so properly structured dates start in January 2021.
Its title starts with the Month, then the brackets are the hours accrued during that month, and the last bracket are tallied missed days of drawing. Anytime spend that's less than half an hour would be considered a missed day.
The body of the note keeps track of specific day of Month with the next number after the "th" being the hours spent drawing that day.
Every hour is added until a final End of Year total is calculated for each year. 2021 had 794 hours practiced, of that about 66.5 hours a month or 2½ hours a day. Goal is to incrementally increase hours drawing every year.
>>
>>7221555
you seem quite dedicated. good work
>>
If you're doing digital art: https://activitywatch.net/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.