[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8393.jpg (98 KB, 729x1200)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
I’ve been drawing for 10+ years. Started at age 11.
It’s just I feel like I don’t feel like I’m at the level I should be at with posing and drawing things that look interesting. I hate just drawing a characters standing it looks boring. I wanna get good at drawing things and people in cooler poses an angles. I’ve did it once in a digital piece I made but was pretty difficult. Idk how to recreate the same success or to improve from 2 years ago. What do I do? (Picrel)
>>
>>7221545
There are a few things I think about when seeing this drawing
>The lineart is messy and lacks varied lineweight, it looks like you didn't use a stabilizer and didn't pay much attention to overlapping lines. Adding lineweight to your drawing can make it pop more and help with detail that you're lacking (i.e. add suction cups to tentacles with heavier lines in the outer circle and lower px in the inner)
>Lack of expression; I can't really tell his expression, is he aroused/happy to be having the tentacles wrapped around him, or is he freaked out and scared? Or is he mindbroken with hollowed eyes? The hand shows that he is trying to resist but the lack of expression, as in the head not being turned to look back and the mouth being in a smile, confuses me. You have to decide what you want to do with the drawing, what you want the subject to feel and how it's displayed. I would research and study cartoon expressions, as well as perspective, as I think this drawing would look nice in a lower, "looking-up" perspective, as if it were from the octopus(?) POV
(1/2)
>>
>>7221559
(2/2)
>You seem to not be set on an outfit, the shoes do not look like what someone would typically wear with everything else they have on and they don't have any detail, they look like blocks. However, the boxers are cool, as is the shirt with it. I like the design you have on them. I would look into outfits that seem to be like what your character would wear and go from there.
>Coloring; You don't really seem to know how to add colors that compliment one another, or how to shade. It looks like you used multiply, which works, but isn't really going to make it look entirely as you'd like. I still struggle with this but tutorials are very helpful to me, as is having a defined image to reference from. It also seems rushed in some places, I think this is due to it being hard for you and you becoming impatient. I would not use the paint bucket tool all the time since I can see some gaps/ random spots in your coloring.

Overall, I think looking into references and copying what you see would be your best bet, as well as practice with using more varied line thickness and different poses you see in other art. Draw what you like, but make sure you do not remain stuck in one box. This actually looks VERY similar to how I would draw when I first started with digital art, and these things are what I did to get somewhat decent at it.
(Also if this was one of those "posing as an infamous artist and posting other people's art" posts and I typed all this out I'm gonna feel kinda dumb.)
>>
>>7221559
He has tentacle powers. Also thank you for the feedback :)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.