[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: F3_CzDDaAAA8lld.jpg (230 KB, 1200x915)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
Post SF art, artbooks, and tips.
>>
>>7222169
We need to go back
>>
>>7222169
now draw them making out
>>
>>7222169
>you live in this shithole long enough to see people posting jazza unironically
wew
>>
>>7222208
this
>>
drawing from reality is sometimes actually good. often following tropes is bad, it's good to back to source, aka real life machines and soldiers
it's how we got terrans from starcraft (i think) who look like modern day astronauts surviving in galaxy full of incomprehensible monsters
right is just regurgitation of jetsons.
>>
>Joey Ass
>>
File: Cityscape.jpg (181 KB, 736x991)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
I think a certain amount of thought, justification, and realism is needed for sci-fi, but only enough to ensure it doesn't ruin people's suspension-of-disbelief.
Rule of Cool is far more important.
>>
>>7222629
I agree. I appreciate that many artists want to bring a certain realism to their interpretations of fantasy or science fiction worlds (even when they depict things that are literally impossible according to our understanding of science), but I think overdoing it leads to things that are visually boring and repetitive. You know, the typical content you find in ArtStation and most modern movies and video games. Creating something visually arresting, iconic and meaningful is more important. I doubt that future generations will look back on many of our current designs with nostalgia.
>>
>>7222539
Terrans draw a ton from the aesthetic of Alien and Aliens though. Environments, vehicles, terminology, the truckers-in-space vibe, etc.
>>
>>7222169
2nd is based. tryhards btfo
>>
File: 20230713_090133.jpg (2.17 MB, 3000x4000)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
This recent Done-For-Fun comic is a blend of fantasy and pockets of high tech.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.