[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708652387450044.png (134 KB, 1197x629)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>just draw what you like to draw, bro
>if you want to improve, you need to painstakingly study and copy references for hours on end
Okay, which is it? Copying isn't fun.
>>
>>7223367
Copy until you feel like testing out how much you've learnt, then draw something without ref, I guess.
>>
>Copying isn't fun.
NGMI
>>
>>7223367
It's the first option. But you need to be able to draw first.
>>
if you think copying everything 1:1 is your only way through life I think you deserve to have about as much of your humanity acknowledged as one would a computer
>>
>>7223367
draw what you like, copy/study when you find specific thing you want to work on, then it's fun
>>
>>7223375
Or vice versa. Draw what you want, self critique and point out your weaknesses, then do structured study to strengthen them. There is no one way to getting better, do what feels best. Either way you'll have to push yourself by keeping your standards for yourself high - or not. Do what's best for your goals.
>>
You're an NPC, you'll never be good or anyone worth paying attention to
>>
>>7223375
This
>>7223367

You have to have a middle ground. Try not to copy a style but maybe draw a character that you like. The design is already there just draw them doing something different.
>>
File: 1691077117541885.jpg (702 KB, 1280x1707)
702 KB
702 KB JPG
FACT: at least 30% of your drawings should be from imagination or you turn into a highly skilled copy machine like proko
>>
>>7223367
Both unironically
>>
You git gud then you draw what you want. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>7223533
I dont get it
>>
>>7223545
Eva tells Wall-E they are gangsters and now they need guns (because that’s what gangsters have). Wall e looks around confused but then finds some broken wood pieces from a nearby fence and discovers “polyguns” which is a play on words.
>>
anyone have the comic of the guy on the bench who can't pet the dog?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.