[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: The_JOJOLands_ch015_007.png (384 KB, 836x1200)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>
am I stupid I can't tell what's wrong with this
>>
>>7236987
>am I stupid
Nah you're just into anime
>>
>>7236707
Nobody said he was a good artist.
He's an *interesting* artist because it's fun to look at all the baffling art decisions he takes, just like the Baki guy.
>>
>>7236707
>>7236995
>>7237295
Redline it
>>
>>7237295
>Nobody said he was a good artist.
lots of people have said that. because it's true. IMO he's well past his prime, and indeed you get some kinda confusing panels like OP's pic sometimes, but to ignore the thousands upon thousands of perfectly fine if not exceptionally good pages he's made is incredibly disingenuous.
>He's an *interesting* artist because it's fun to look at all the baffling art decisions he takes, just like the Baki guy.
but this is also true.
baki guy is also a good artist btw. the statements "he's a good artist" and "he's an interesting artist because he makes a lot of baffling decisions" can both be true.
>>
File: Pasted Image - 20.png (404 KB, 1307x1034)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
I like his art in part 4. I even like in Part 2 and 3. Besides the proportions, they were well detailed. Araki forgot how to hacht
>>
op here forgot to mention but I love dicks.
>>
>>7237304
genuinely want to see someone redline this because I can't really tell whats going on in these panels besides the ones with the faces
for me he personally peaked in part 7 but I might be biased because i read the colored version for the most of it + nostalgia
>>
>>7239286
the need for redlining is mitigated in context. this page is meant to be read in a sequence of many other pages. yeah, araki could have zoomed the camera out, and had less panels of random close ups of objects and hands, but it's not really a problem unless you approach it from the perspective of an art teacher trying to be an asshole
>>
>>7239948
>and had less panels of random close ups of objects and hands
>random closeups
Anon he's depicting the guy stabbing himself then jamming a straw(or something) into the wound. Panels 1 and 2 are the dude stabbing his own chest, 3 and 4 are the other characters in the scene making "wtf!" faces, and the next 4 panels are all the action of jamming the straw into the wound. No part of it is random.
>>
File: 1626796156595.jpg (203 KB, 1000x647)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
His faces have gotten better and more emotive in Jojolands since the last part. Apart from >>7236707 which stood out to me too. Does Araki work with assistants?
>>
>>7241654
>Does Araki work with assistants?
Yes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.