[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GQgmxOfaoAAbp0R.jpg (583 KB, 1322x1903)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
Where does the difference between low /int/ and high /int/ lie?
>>
where does the difference between /adv/ and /pro/ lie?
>>
Complexity and making it work. At least I think that's fair,
Beg is learning before truly grasping basics, Int is grasping it well enough to start being effective at things with competence and pro is grasping things and effectively utilizing them to create effective complete pieces.
So a gradient between getting out of /beg/ and getting towards /pro/ is complexity attempted but with plenty of improve to complexity with success.
>>
>>7237308
>that artwork
kek, you trying to get the guy to nuke his account again?
>>
>>7237321
Pro is being a master. Even low int is good enough to be a professional
>>
>>7237308
Drawing is not a videogame, there are no ranks to climb or levels to gain.
>>
>>7237330
Does /pro/ not stand for professional or proficient? Intermediate can get work, particularly for simpler things but masters are just a subsection at the top of professional.
>>
>>7237330
This is close to my view of the skill levels. An int could get work, though it will mostly be through their social circles and not professionally, maybe the rare professional gig if they have an appealing style or ideas. Adv is good enough to impress even skilled artists and a good starting point to be seriously considered for Junior Illustrators or concept artist positions. Pros are senior level artists, people with years of experience or insane natural talent that allows them to make the fundies their bitch, effortlessly appealing, what AI is trained on.
>>
>>7237395
Nah advanced doesn’t exist as a ranking here maybe you mean mid int
>>
>>7237308
low int = shows technical skill but his works lack appeal and consistency
high int = everything he draws is appealing, shows a lot of technical skill, consistency in all of his works
the only way to become /pro/ is to get a job as an artist
>>
File: 1720796339789406.png (37 KB, 456x855)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>7237529
>>
File: 1708882768070777.jpg (399 KB, 800x1200)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>7237308
>>
>>7237561
I'm a /pro/ by that standard but my art skills are somewhere in /int/. Face it, this categorization system is nonsense and I wish people would stop tricking beginners with this bullshit.
>>
>>7237561
/thread
>>
How would you measure an artist who is good at doing anime girls in white voids but lacks on everything else?
>>
>>7237692
Like fundamentals (not everyplace agrees on them) it is imperfect, too many variations. But it will give you an aproximation of where you are skill wise
>>
>>7237716
post an example. easy to tell by judging proportions, perspective, anatomy, shape appeal etc..
>>
>>7237561
Appeal is subjective and you can get a job with mid skills.
>>
finishing illustrations with rounded fundies
>>
>>7237561
le appeal!
le skills!
le pro!
>>
File: 1705009042185222.png (65 KB, 456x855)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>7237317
>where does the difference between /adv/ and /pro/ lie?
I think this is a dumb distinction, personally. According to picrel, the difference is /pro/ is commercializable where /adv/ isn't. But I agree with >>7237357
>Intermediate can get work, particularly for simpler things but masters are just a subsection at the top of professional.
I'd have the scale run /beg/ to /adv/ and have /pro/ as a kicker that indicates whether the work could be monetized.
>>
>>7237692
>>7237953
Irrelevant. If you're getting paid you're professional as far as the IRS is concerned.
>>
>>7238669
didn't know IRS was in charge of degerminating who is the more skilled artist, also didn't know that intermediate is the ceiling in art.
>>
>>7238669
You're only a professional if a company is reporting you on their payroll if we're going to go by this definition of pro (which I think is retarded). Even a prebeg can get commissioned by their family members.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.