[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3577.png (288 KB, 1280x853)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
Digital or trad

Which should an absolute beg start with?
>>
>>7238796
Whatever you feel like
>>
>>7238799
FPBP
you can delete the thread now, OP
>>
>>7238796
Personally I'm of the opinion that someone who is truly just beginning should start with pencil & paper.
I think there's something about the separation of you and your act of drawing, that comes from digital, that inhibits growth when your just starting out; though this is only speculation on my part.

Granted, actually starting, regardless of whether it digital or traditional, is better than no starting at all because you're worried about which to choose. Just pick up drawing implement and start.
>>
>>7238796
Hmmm paper and pencil which you can buy for under $20 or a piece of technology that costs $200, which is the better choice as someone just starting out?
>>
File: zebra cum guzzler.png (156 KB, 600x428)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
imagine being american and the proudest moment of your life is that time someone with a gun did exactly the thing you said someone with a gun wouldnt do so they dont take away your gun.
>>
>>7238796
trad so you dont waste time thinking about the tools or programs or brushes you are using.
with trad your susing the same 2b graphite as every other fuck on earth an you dont have to waste your time worrying about your digital pens latency, your nips getting fucked up and all sorts of other technical gadget nerd crap
unless you are some avant garde retard who draws smear smudges on paper 200 times in 20 hours then you should not be worried about running through materials too quikly. and if you are an avante garde retard well you cant use digital anyway becuase a digital donald judd is the most retarded thing ive ever heard of
>>
>>7238880
How about you worry about your own shit country, ESL faggot. Oh wait, no one gives a shit about it including yourself.
>>
>>7239044
>anyone that dares criticize america is esl
i-its impossible that white people dont like american politics, right guys??? guys...???!

no its true, theres only two sides to everything, your side and the enemy. that mentality totally isnt how things are getting so fucked up right now.
>>
>>7238796
digital is cheaper to grind before you git gud
>>
>>7239051
you sound esl
>>
>>7239066
>americans can't even speak their own language
Like clockwork
>>
File: il_1080xN.3236557513_qypx.jpg (199 KB, 1080x1529)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>7238880
>>
>>7238796
Digital easy very cheap if you already have the means of creating digital art which you probably do if you have a computer. Get a screenless tablet for like 80 bucks and there you go. Trad requires a constant resupply of paints, canvas, brushes, etc. Though you should definitely do both after you have solid understanding of the fundies. Trad offers invaluable experience about committing to mistakes and being confident in your piece.
>>
>>7238796
literally all digital art is ugly. using your hands to make art is the way God intended.
>>
>>7238799
Foppy Boppy
>>
>>7239311
im chinese now? well shit. maybe one day, if america keeps fucking its allies.
>>
>>7238796
Going trad for basics requires a pencil and papiren. Easy to carry , easy to procure. Eventually you will want to start working with ink/digital ink
Or colours. Transition from one trad to digital was a bit painfull for me. But after 3 months my digital is close to my trad in some ways in others it surpases it. Trad to digi transition is basically just getting used to working in layers, figuring out how to seperate steps of your work and which brushes and sensitivity you like (i like sensitivity 5 and am using clip studio, i started in paint .net /notmspaint ((is a free programm) paintnet is a bit more finicky but doable).

I even sometimes stopped looking at my tablet and look at my monitor for some things.
>>
Hey guys, >>7238880 here, just forgot to say in my post that I am gay.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.