[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Loomis Bridgman.jpg (292 KB, 1407x928)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
So all you have to do is copy Loomis then copy Bridgman twice, and you'll go from /beg/ to /int/? If it's that easy, why doesn't everyone do it?
>>
>>7239257
>So all you have to do is copy Loomis then copy Bridgman twice, and you'll go from /beg/ to /int/?
no
>If it's that easy, why doesn't everyone do it?
easy =/= obvious, but many people don't have the concentration and/or willpower to copy Loomis once let alone Bridgeman twice.
>>
dont you get bored of these threads? its a saturday
>>
>>7239257
Because it's not easy
>>
>>7239257
Will this book help me learn how to be more creative? I've noticed I have some imagination, but it's still too low.
>>
>>7239257
Do it, and then tell us if it's easy.
>>
>>7239307
If you want a book specifically about creative thinking being creative, try Dobson's Keys to Drawing with Imagination.
It's just a bunch of simple drawing exercises, but they should get the creative juices pumping.

I'm sure there are better books for this though, but I can't think of any specifically about this, off the top of my head anyway.
>>
>>7239257
Has anyone ACTUALLY done this though? I've seen it meme'd on here before, but who's actually done this from beginning to end and come back with results?
>>
File: 1715351743234495.png (419 KB, 900x776)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
Don't fall for it
>>
>>7239257
>copy loomis
Who said this?
>>
>>7239307
there's lots of ways to test your creativity
follow a prompt, maybe from a prompt generator even
do drawing requests on the draw threads (you dont need to post them if you dont like them)
make a stain or simple shape and draw something in it
find two references and try to combine them
find an interior photo and draw characters in it
>>
File: Dnjw289qsjxj.png (260 KB, 1224x918)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
I'm currently trying to copy loomis. I did this page and just broadly try to read through and understand what he's trying to say. I've done a few Bridgeman copies months ago but never finished. I'm just gonna try to go through loomis very casually alongside my other studies. Pic related.
How I mentally try to go about it is just trying to absorb the information and trust my brain to do the work.
>>
File: pencil fun.png (131 KB, 449x652)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
i can only get as far as the front cover
>>
>>7239257
I have adhd
>>
>>7239307

it teaches technical stuff. creativity is something you have to get by yourself.
>>
Copying books will not bring you from /beg/ to /int/. Copying books AND THEN drawing from LIFE after a few years will bring you to /int/.
>>
develop a facility with basic shapes, and proportions, cogitating on the concepts presented in the books, experimenting with them until they are understood and absorbed, and drawing from imagination with a very gradual curve of difficulty, will take you into /int/land
>>
>>7239257
>easy
>>
>>7241311
just draw bridgman twice. if life was so good we would experience it instead of creating better experiences
>>
>>7241352
>just draw bridgman twice
Is this the new hot meme
>>
>>7239257
if you do that, you'll end up like proko. Good at drafting and copying, but can't draw to save his life!
>>
>>7241311
Wouldn't master copies be better for people, i.e 99.9% of the board, who want to do stylized art?
>>
>>7241475
Matser studies work best when you have fundamentals. Loomis and Bridgman give you some. Copying from drawings as your only source will get you nowhere if you don't use your brain to make your own shit the whole time though.
>>
only Bridgman.
>>
1: because most people here are losers like you who'd rather post than actually draw
2: just copying will not help you. You also need to learn to actually apply it.
>>
>>7239257
Draw every Briggers image 4 times. 2 from ref 2 from memory, Howie-kun

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.