[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1681831722897491.jpg (86 KB, 680x649)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Have you ever realized that maybe the issue isn't that you can't draw, but that you need to train your brain to switch to the right side of the brain?

Basically your issue is that you need to warm up your brain so it switches brain sides?
>>
>>7239532
If you're doing technical drawing with a bunch of measurements and such, you may not need to switch gears like that. But I'm still not sure of that myself.
I find that drawing with my off hand helps a bit with getting my brain working.
>>
is it one bot making the same thread? its always the same prompt
>this is why you suck
>this is why loomis doesn't work
>this is why you're still bad
anyone know???? Dead internet theory?
>>
>>7239532
sorry not a betty edwards fan.
>>
>>7239532
nigga that betty edwards crap is pseudoscience. you are always using both hemispheres of your brain
>>
>>7239532
simply just draw, its not that hard, the hardest thing in drawing is to conceptualize the thing that you want to draw
>>
File: reference atenita.png (163 KB, 896x896)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
>>7239574
>>7239562
>>7239554
>>7239543
>>7239540
Then how I was able to draw this using my right side of my brain, if that shit is pseudocience?
>>
>>7239598
how do you know which brain you used? You don't have access to that information. Instead of this brain crap try to use more descriptive terms.
>>
>>7239598
Fuck off cris!
>>
>>7239606
When you draw with the left side, you get angry, anxious, or start drawing with symbols.

You get panic at drawing with the left side, and it looks like you want to quit.

The right side, is like being in a trance, or like using weed, you feel slower and you enjoy to draw.

Your drawing automatically is better and you feel inspired to draw all those little details, and is like a bob ross episode of happy little clouds.
>>
>>7239609
>>7239598
okay that's enough chris. time to fuck off.
>>
>>7239532
Have you ever realized thinking with the right side of the brain is amygdala activation tier pseudoscience?
>>
>>7239618
see
>>7239609
>>
>>7239532
Is there a good video on this?
>>
>>7239623
just do some warm up exercise like drawing for 20 minutes doing upside down references.
>>
>>7239598
next time use it as an op so i can ignore you
>>
>>7239612
>>7239607
>>7239627
NIGGA LET HIM COOK!
>>
>>7239532
Have you tried using both sides of your brain?
>>
>>7239532
It is because you have bad fundamentals
You cheaped out on fundamentals
Can you draw a perfect circle man?
Can you draw any ellipse you want in any direction? Any thickness?
Can you draw 10 lines perfectly parallel to each other?
>>
>>7239618
Spoken like someone with a calcified pineal gland
>>
I spend more time thinking about how to draw something than actually drawing it. drawing is basically inventing new things constantly, even if you master construction and other fundies, you still have to be CREATIVE and make something amazing, and that takes so much brain power for talentless people like me.

Creative people can just scribble anything and it'll be amazing, I have to brute force thousands of ideas like a computer cracking a password before I can eventually draw something good.
>>
have you considered that making these threads and excuses is just cope
the real source of this feeling is because you are lazy and have no discipline and want to drag others down with you
the problem is you and you are infatuated with the IDEA OF BEING AN ARTIST not in love with creating art itself
you will not be making it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.