[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sk20.png (522 KB, 853x1000)
522 KB
522 KB PNG
>anon, I've heard that you sketch using a hard round brush, no opacity and no size pressure. How does it feel that you do your lines with full confidence and with absolute supreme decision-making without guessing and randomness? No wonder you're very fast at drawing.
>what? you also do your studies using the hard round brush? you want to make sure that you absolutely understand what you're drawing and you're not just lucky by drawing random lines hoping it will look like the study?
>>
>>7239741
>sketch using a hard round brush, no opacity and no size pressure
Please explain this to me, I set my tablet so it always is in extreme pressure so that I dont have to worry about weird stuff.
>>
>>7239745
hard round brush with no opacity and size pressure.
>>
>>7239745
Your program almost definitely has a hard round brush.
>>
>>7239749
>>7239752
What, so its like just a default state with no interactivity? Like a real life pencil?
>>
>>7239754
Give me 5 mins.
>>
>>7239741
When I started out I was on photoshop elements that came with my tablet, pen pressure didn't work but it was better than using a mouse.
>>
>>7239745
I think OP means that the pressure is set on "0" (softer), instead of 10 (harder), so the pressure is essentially "off". Then it doesn't matter what you do with your lines, the brush line will come out steady and 100% consistent.

Question anon: Putting your pressure on "extreme" doesn't it make it much harder to work with? Like wouldn't you be applying constant "maximum" pressure into the pen all the time?
I set the pressure on zero (off), so I just softly scribble on the tablet without effort, but on "max pressure" that would be hell... (?) That could end causing carpal tunnel syndrome.
>>
simple if you treat it like traditional
this blows a lot of peoples minds for some odd reason
>>
>>7239754
>>7239763

>>7239756 like this. still bad at hands and arms
>>
>>7239765
ops
>>
>>7239763
started doing it a couple of days ago, and I realised I was doing random lines until it looks like something, when I started using the hard round, I realized I'm actually not that good, no wonder why some things were very frustrating to draw.
Especially when doing studies, I was like smashing my pen on the tablet doing random lines and sketching like a maniac and barely looking at the reference, sure, at the end it will look like the study, but I'm pretty sure I have not learnt anything.

Hard round brush + max stabilizer is the greatest combo ever.
>>
>>7239754
I would say more like a gel pen or marker, not a pencil.
But a real life pen, pencil, marker, or brush, still give you many other "input" elements based on real life physics. Like you're dragging the pen on the paper, there's friction there, depending on the implement and the way it applies graphite, ink, or whatever, the real life drag and friction dynamic between the materials will vary, in infinite subtle ways.

That's why stabilization exist, to try to imitate at least on an approximation level that real life friction and drag from traditional art tools. Otherwise, you will feel like literally floating in zero gravity space, and that's why if you pick a one pixel brush with no engine assistance it will jitter and wobble all over the screen. Because you are holding basically a blood and heart monitor on your hand and you will be drawing your own cardiograms all over the screen LOL.
>>
>>7239766
That's beautiful
>>
File: p30.png (6 KB, 165x148)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
When doing studies, use the hard round brush, no opacity or size pressure, then set the stabilizer to 100%.
>>
>>7239779
ew stabilizer is for parkisons fags
>>
>>7239741
I don't really use opacity unless I'm rendering/painting, but I'm always keeping size pressure. Randomness? It seems to me YOU lack confidence in your lines if you need to have a set size make the decisions for you.

>>7239754
>Like a real life pencil?
But real life pencil and pens DO vary in width and darkness; depending on the pressure and angle of application.
>>
>>7239741
Bad take. Being fully aware of your pressure and controlling it to make your lines convey depth is the ultimate step. I'll admit I hate opacity though so you are right on that one.
If you have a pen/tablet with pressure sensitivity, why are you not utilizing your tools to their max potential?
>>
>>7239741
Real Chads don't do studies. They just bang out the final project with a mouse and hard round brush
>>
>>7239741
>you do your lines with full confidence and with absolute supreme decision-making without guessing and randomness
so why do you even sketch?
>>
>>7239932
You can sketch with a hard round brush...
>>7239913
You can always do the lineart after the sketch, your sketch doesn't have to be beautiful and fully finished with lines indicating everything.
>ps. yeah, a hard round brush is terrible when doing finished art, but it is super good for sketching (if you don't mind the sketch looking a bit unfinished) and for studying
>>
>>7239958
also, there is the benefit of forcing you to not focus on details. it is very hard to do details when using a hard round brush without any pressure, you're only focusing on the major important parts.
>>
I like the cloudy lines charcoal pencil brush gives for sketching
>>
>>7239960
You don't have to give it up, just use it for a day or two. It will change you.
>>
File: nakadai.jpg (471 KB, 999x999)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
Genuinely thought you were shitposting until I started drawing. Upped the ante with no undo or eraser.
>>
>>7241043
Extremely nice, using a small hard brush is also a very relaxing way to draw, the really fun thing is that once you put pressure, the lines come out, not bullshit opacity lines, and no guessing. You can reduce the opacity and do line art like normal and the sketch is extremely clear. You can also use 2 sketch, 1 sketch is using a large hard brush, the second one is using a small brush like this.
>>
File: IMG_7093.jpg (28 KB, 324x291)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
The state of diginiggers
>>
>>7241386
So trve sis, they should be copying ai images onto a canvas like us tradboys.
>>
>>7239766
give brush i need
>>
>>7239745
I sketch using that. There's just no line weight it's like drawing with a mouse. I change the size manually if I have to
>>
>>7239754
a pencil has opacity and pressue
>>
>>7241521
Hard...
>>
i sketch with a 2h pencil and scan it in for lineart, actually.
>>
>>7239763
>the brush line will come out steady and 100% consistent.

lol

drawing on tablet is a fucking gatcha, you are just sending a request on a screen made of greased ice and praying you get a good line

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.