[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1694845374339-2.jpg (82 KB, 1024x970)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I understand how to draw, form shape line, all of it but I suck at drawing, I can kind of get out with references but it still looks like shit. I have read and watch all the video fallowed along, I get something but it like an up hill battle. I feel like my brain keep losing out
>>
>>7240886
pyw
>>
Did you think you magically become good? If it was so easy, wouldnt there be more artists with high skills around? Maybe it takes more than watching and following tutorials? Maybe you need to spend lotsa time in practice to improve?
>>
File: 1721596940363532.png (265 KB, 800x797)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>7240886
THIS GUY HAS BEEN DOING THESE BAITS FOR TOO LONG. THERE WERE LITERALLY 2 THIS DAY
>>
>>7240886
Knowledge of how to do it is just one piece of the puzzle. Actually doing it is a different skill. You need to deliberately practice, analyze what went wrong and consciously try to fix those mistakes and repeat the process many times.
>>
>>7240886
It sounds like you need more experience drawing, rather than watching.
>>
File: 1703177864879951.jpg (47 KB, 666x666)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>I understand how to draw
>but I suck at drawing
you do know how to draw
>>
>>7240886
what is this toy? w2c
>>
>>7240890
>>7240893
>>7240897
that the problem, I need to draw more and understand what I am draw, I think I am confused on getting the drawing to come out
>>
>>7240904
if you knew how do draw you wouldn't suck when you draw. that you have to draw more in order to draw well means you don't know how to do it currently.
>>
>>7240904
Draw more and study and apply things you study to things you want to draw. There's no magic, just hard work.
>>
>>7240905
well I understand the concept, but when I start drawing my mind goes blank, and its like I can get my brain to work, unless I have references, its like it out of reach.
>>
>>7240911
When you start cooking a new dish, you use a recipe to learn it. Only after you learned it you can do your own flair and do it by heart. Drawing and using references are same thing. When you have the reference in front of you, you don't need guess and try how to make it work, instead you can see it from the reference how you do it. Once you learn it, it is added in your visual and muscle memory and later you won't need the reference. But do notice even pro artists use references because they cut the time and effort. There's no merit in being able to draw without reference. Use references, they are your friend and help you.
>>
>>7240892
As long as people keep replying to him, he will keep making new threads
>>
>>7241004
I suck
>>
>>7240886
holy shit blast from the past I remember having like 4 of those bird toys
>>
>>7240911
>well I understand the concept, but when I start drawing my mind goes blank
no, you just don't understand the concept. you merely think you know, but then when you try to apply your (lack of) knowledge your mind "goes blank" in that there was nothing there to begin with so what you should do never pops up.
>>
>>7240886
Understanding the principle of drawing and implementing it are two different things.

It's a plus tho, at least you will be aware that what you do sucks. Now go practice until you don't

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.