[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

anyone have experience

about to do it soon
>>
>>7241528
What age range and what medium
Taugh elementery schoolers about painting a couple times. Shits easy.
>>
>>7241580
>>What age range and what medium

comics and i don't know yet. school age till 18 i guess
>>
>>7241528
Isolate hot female students.
>>
>>7241582
pyw, post his work. but probably perspective
>>
>>7241582
>comics
As a kid, I loved How To Draw Comics the Marvel Way and learned a ton from it (including Loomis without really knowing it). I'd use that as a starting point.
>>
>>7241528
The boomers who invented "water color for kids" are the worst evils for destroying the passion for art of billions children. ((((They))) admitted it)
>>
>>7241528
What's your experience with kids? Is this a staff teaching position, a private tutor, or a summer camp/after school class? Are you making your own lesson plans or are you using someone else's? What's the class size?

I've only done private, summer camps, and after school but here's what's helped me so far:
Practice speaking from your belly and project your voice. Practice yelling from your diaphragm too if necessary, although that should be left as a last resort of sorts depending on your school's demographic. Invading their personal space to an extent, in so far as barging into conversations and making sure they know you're standing nearby can help too.
Identify any "rambunctious" children early on and seat them near the front of the class and always keep your head on a swivel. I find it a pain in the ass to remember all the kids' names but starting with those kids specifically helps.
Always set expectations and punishments on the first day and don't go back on them. Kids will try to test boundaries regardless of age and if you don't enforce them gaining back control over the classroom will be one hell of a task.
Giving prizes for completed work/exemplary behavior can help, but keep in mind your budget. Don't do candy unless you want hyperactive kids with a sugar rush.

If you've got skills, flaunting them early to ensure they know that you know what you're talking about will help immensely regardless of grade level.

>>7241582
>school age till 18 i guess
How you approach each class and what level of art they can handle is going to vary wildly depending on their grade level. Some of the younger kids I've taught couldn't even hold a pencil. You should identify that asap.
>>
>>7242118
Tell us about your kids, how they draw, who drew the best and who drew the worst

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.