[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

On this scale, where does /ic/ think cheating begins?
>>
>>7242392
When you start typing instead of drawing you retard.
>>
Digital
>>
>>7242392
Tracing
>>
Wait a minute I think I made this picture
>>
>>7242392
Ai
It's just typing word lmao
>>
File: media_Fmo53aFaUAA--2Z.png (1.1 MB, 750x837)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>7242392
There is no cheating because there's no rules dumbfuck.
>>
>>7242421
>drawing on paper
just moving your hand across paper lmao
>>
>>7242396
fpbp
>>
none of you draw, why the fuck are you here? no friends?
>>
>>7242396
lmao fucking got him

god, AI shills are so pathetic. yeah, it very much is a legit drawing technique, same as digital painting

you know how when they invented photography, every photographer started saying it was just a modern painting technology, and were constantly trying to make their photographs seem like real paintings and cover up the fact they used a camera at all

the artists are all just orthodox bigots that blindly oppose technological advancement, AI's the future, sirs please understand
>>
>>7242392
Drawing over 3D models (tracing)
I've been tracing AI for a year now though, even easier now that someone trained 2 Loras on my art.
>>
>>7242396
So digital, because keyboard shortcuts count, right?
>>
Cave painting? Nobody is going to see your work, inauthentic, but technically not cheating.

Pen and paper? disenfranchises people that can't afford pen and paper, also offensive.

Ruler? Yeah right, moving your arm while holding a pencil against a straight surface on paper is 100% illegal cheatsville.

Digital? Are you fucking dense? No. Using any technology is strictly forbidden, rules, not tools. Also offensive to 3rd worlders who can't afford a computer.

Drawing over 3d models? You might as well be cheating on your waifu at this point, jesus christ, lord have mercy on your soul if you do this.

photobashing? Did you even credit the photographer who's work (photography is actually also cheating but we'll cross that bridge when we get there) you FUCKING STOLE? CHEATING CHEATER FUCK

AI, sweet AI. but yes, also cheating. You can't just type words.

Breathing is cheating, typing is cheating, and finally responding to this post and thread is the epitome of cheating.
>>
>>7242797
Coping this hard gotta hurt.
>>
>>7242518
You need talent and asian genes (high Iq)
>>
>>7242392
You can't cheat with art, but AI art is (arguably) not art
>>
I think the scale moves inversely to your grasp of the fundamentals. A lot of professionals use those as tools to speed up their workflow, not because they don't know how to do it, conversely, most tech bros don't know how to draw and use AI as a crutch not an augment
>>
>Nother AI thread
>>
>>7242392
drawing over 3d models is where the cheating starts, but referencing models is fine
>>
>>7242561
Who the fuck ever said it's a "drawing" technique?
>>
>>7242812
Anon, I'm pretty sure that guy is taking the piss......
>>
>>7242824
>talent
just moving your hand across paper lmao
>>
>>7242951
it's a retard technique
>>
File: art and ethics.png (804 KB, 1200x6333)
804 KB
804 KB PNG
i think i tried to analyze something similar back in 2021

ignore the latter stuff
>>
>>7243006
truth
>>
>>7242392
I think it's cheating to deliver messages to people around the world without using a single bird.
>>
>>7242651
Keyboard shortcuts don't draw
>>
>>7242392
Drawing over 3D. Pathetic, disgusting and noticeable.
I can accept it when you have a shitload of commissions and shit to do, but begs using it? It's the most pathetic and laughable thing ever. Imagine being so bad that you can't even trace a 3D dummy correctly without giving away you're tracing over one.
>>
>>7242392
when you picture a pose in your head and you use that as reference, that's already cheating because you're copying your memories, basically tracing
>>
File: laugh-michael-jordan.gif (1.36 MB, 220x220)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB GIF
>>7243874
>when you picture a pose in your head and you use that as reference, that's already cheating because you're copying your memories, basically tracing

hahahah
STAHP TOP KEK
>>
>>7242392
photons
>>
When the person you are cheating is your future self. did the cheat let you skip getting good at the thing you chose to cheat for?
>>
>>7242651
You haven’t even tried opening PS do you? God AI tards are pathetic.
>>
>>7242392
Photobashing is lame for final products.
>>
>>7242392
I feel like the compass is cheating
>>
>>7243722
Tell that to AutoCAD users.
>>
there are so many technological changes when it comes to art between cave paintings and digital, wtf is this.
Is this really how digital artists think about art material history?
>>
>>7242392
Using a reference is cheating.
>>
>>7245900
I use MS Paint and an intuos 3, it's closer to the stone age.
>>
When you're no longer creating what you envisioned and just putting together stuff others have made. So in this scale, drawing over 3d models.
>>
>>7242392
it's so funny that photobashing concept artists are seething about AI being just a collaging tool
>>
>>7243874
stop before ai shitter unironically use that as an "argument"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.