[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3661.jpg (593 KB, 828x1427)
593 KB
593 KB JPG
>how to filter 90% of people learning art
>>
File: how2drawmanga.png (1.67 MB, 2685x1271)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>7242579
Tutorials are for retards.
If you can't copy straight from the source then you're ngmi
>>
>>7242579
That's not a tutorial and I suspect it was only posted as engagement bait to funnel people to their goytreon where they can buy the actual tutorial.
>>
Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.
>>
>>7242579
If anybody here actually wants to know how to quickly render material like this Synix has a video that actually shows how you'd do this.

https://youtu.be/R3LeLwMs9Ss

You're welcome.
>>
Dime a dozen but any good quick cell shading tutorials for digital.
>>
>>7242585
If you breathe with your lungs you're ngmi
>>
>>7242585
>>7244214
yes
>>
File: 1656950777068.png (259 KB, 613x603)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>7242579
>>
>>7242585
unironically correct. sadly I was a child then and didn't know better.
>>
>>7242585
so everything you draw is a straight copy of a reference? You don't retain any knowledge?
>>
>>7242585
This is like learning a language, everything that can be said has been said by someone, by absorbing the language (by listening and reading), you will naturally become fluent and say anything you want, who knows, maybe you will also become a poet. That's why it is a waste of time to try to construct and invent sentences from your head; you won't know if they are even correct.
>>
>>7242605
That's actually a really ingenious idea - I'll have to do it as well
>>
This is the kind of thing where if you’re already good at drawing / painting / rendering but aren’t sure why a particular part of your rendering looks wack it can make things click. Another thing for the mental library to make your already good shit better.
>>
>>7244385
Well obviously not, pros can draw on the spot at conventions and shit. They retain the knowledge
>>
>>7242579
There is no real problem with the dress tutorial, all it tells you is to follow the sequence of colors showing on the left and apply it to folds like in the example on the right, what more do you want?

the only similarity with the horse example is that in both pics, the right example has shitty rendering.
>>
>>7244599
>the only similarity with the horse example is that in both pics, the right example has shitty rendering.
Pyw. I don't believe you are capable of doing better, anon
>>
>>7244723
It's more likely you are the one who can't do better, you don't even have the ability to tell that it's shit, that's why you run to defend it with pyw
>>
>>7244599
is it shitty, because there are too many details all over the place?
>>
>>7244245
lel so weird and quirky XD
>>
>>7244755
?
>>
>>7244823
I came to GOON
>>
>>7244742
Pyw faggot
>>
>>7242585
Tl;Dr? Or can I get that in a 10 second tiktok?
>>
>>7242585
>>7244338
It's times like these that remind me of how I should stop browsing this board when there are retards like you on it giving away garbage "tips" like this.
>>
>>7244187
My professors did both. They would bring in their freelance art and show a step by step process.

Go to a better school.
>>
>>7244385
nta but yes basically. if you copy a lot of reference and also use your brain while studying it then youll intuitively figure out how things work. Take fabric for example, after pedantically trying replicate the exact folds from dozens of different reference pictures, you start to understand how it lays and how that translates into illustrating it.
I mean how do you think anyone figured this shit out to begin with? someone had to do the hard work for there to be tutorials

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.