[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GJJEJTsW8AE8YxJ.jpg (38 KB, 400x400)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
When you want to draw a new OC do you wait before you start drawing to kind of visualize the new character in your mind to a certain extent? How much of the idea of the character you want to draw is already in your mind before you start putting pencil to paper? Features, hairstyles, stylistic elements, etc.?

Beginner to expert level, does this process/how you approach this change?
>>
>>7243013
depends on what i want, specific things are locked in while others i dont care about are created as i go
>>
>>7243013
I go boot up a random game and play with the character creation.
>>
Bump
>>
>>7243013
Sometimes I write stuff out which helps think things through and keeps it recorded so I don't have to rememeber it all at once
Sometimes I just start drawing and see what comes out. Paper is cheap.
If it's an RPG character I'm the horribly indecisive type who will skim through a bunch of rules and options til something grasps me
But I don't make OCs all that often so

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.