[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tegaki (4).png (5 KB, 400x400)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
I have a not-terrible follower count (1000-1500) and my own drawings consistently get 400-800 likes, but my retweets never contribute more than 20 likes to the post. Why does this happen? I just want to help my friends get their start.

It's probably worth mentioning that I only recently started retweeting stuffs, would that have some implications to the algo?
>>
>>7244662
>anon follower sees post from an artist they dont follow
>anon follower is unlikely to like the post
shocking
on a less crabby note yeah retweeting something isnt going to pull your whole fanbase to it they like you that doesnt mean they like whoever you rt
>>
>>7244662
Because people are gay,
They become followers and turn gay.
>>
>>7244662
Let guess. You're retweeting complete beginners with sub 100 followers.
>would that have some implications to the algo?
Yes, the priority of your retweets and presumably your own tweets too will decrease if you do it too often.
>>
>>7244670
>Yes, the priority of your retweets and presumably your own tweets too will decrease if you do it too often.
You've got to be kidding me. Why would they design it to work that way? Then how's an artist who's new to social media supposed to even start?
>>
>>7244777
>You've got to be kidding me. Why would they design it to work that way?
So you don't clog other people's timelines.
>>
File: spaghetti floor.jpg (8 KB, 259x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>7244662
>my own drawings consistently get 400-800 likes
is this thread a humble brag? I struggle to get 5 likes. on a good day.
>>
>>7244893
>5 likes
is this a humble brag? try 0-3 bud

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.