[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Yep. It happemed. Officially at the point where AI is indistinguishable from "real" art.
I saw it coming but not this soon
>>
>>7245932
ok
>>
>>7245932
anime*, already happened long ago, anime is extremely simple to copy as is anyway. Ai still can't copy other styles as easily.
>>
>>7245937
yeah
>>
>>7245937
For now.
>>
>Officially at the point where AI is indistinguishable from "real" art.
You put the quotes around the wrong word.
Speaking of officially, have you gotten the official diagnosis yet of what makes you beg for attention online in such a pathetic way? I realize this will probably fly completely past you, but I still wonder if it ever crossed your mind.
>>
>>7245932
lots of AI tells, but you have to be a yesdraw to see it.
>>
>>7245932
>Another AI shill thread
>Hide
>>
>>7245932
>prompt AI art
>overpaint on it
now it is both
I HAVE ACHIEVED SYMBIOSIS
>>
>copy
>paste
>WOW GUYS ITS NOW TOTALLY THE SAME AS REAL ART
AI isn't real because i can't jerk off to it
>>
>>7245976

you feel satisfied polishing shit
>>
>>7245932
The pinkies don't even connect to her hands.
>>
>>7245976
>>7242665
subu?
>>
>>7245932
holy shit. time to quit art and get a job at Walmart
>>
>>7245948
the thing with anime is
>anatomy?
no f is given, it's anime, it's mah style!
>consisten lighing?
no f is given, it's anime, it's mah style!
>composition?
characters in void ftw!
>brushstroke rithm and consistency?
what is that? I just follow tutorial
>individuality?
what brush does x artist use? I want to be inspiredcoughmakemyartlookexactlyliketheirsbecauseattentionmoney

Obligatory disclamer: Not all anime art and artists are like this, but the majority is as evident by how easily AI gobbled it all and spit it out.
>>
>>7245999
high tier symbol drawing was repurposed by the tech that only knows how to symbol draw.
>>
>>7245932
Still having problems with fingers lol
>>
File: file.png (1.29 MB, 614x1177)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>7245932
>being scared of dude using the same loras over and over again with similar results always.
YOu literally are scared of a slop generator. All you have to do is to stop drawing anime girls on a white void if you care about it that much.
>>
>anime girl in void doing nothing
you weren't going to compete there even if AI didn't exist, are you niggers retarded?
>>
>>7245932
>real art
>anime
>>
>>7245932
What's with the AI shills recently this is like the 2nd thread I've seen seen in less than a day practically...
>but nigga got his last thread deleted at night, so who knows if they've been spamming more
>>
You can always tell because the rendering isn't human
>>
>>7246135
same story as nft, they're getting desperate because the general public's off the fad
progress slowed down to a crawl, normalfags figured out it's not "AI", and issues people thought were birthing pains still haven't been solved
the music ones are just dead and gay, chatbots bored everyone, new cards slowed to a crawl, all models are extremely repetitive and got boring, image gen threads are just the same handful of autists spamming, etc

I'm under no illusion the industry won't use them heavily, but the prompters got the short end of the stick as expected because no company needs a prompter when they can tell an artist or copywriter or whatever to type some shit to speed up their job, so promoters are the bag holders of the nft fad basically
>>
File: Roko's_Basilisk.png (870 KB, 1074x594)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
You're making him angry, /ic/.
>>
>>7246070
Lmao those hard art style changes
>>
>>7246186
fuck right off, this is the single most idiotic thing to come from fedora tipping mongoloids on the internet
>hurr durr a digital simulation of me will be tortured because I saw something and that is scary to me because uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm very intelligent
>>
>>7246186
sorry to burst your nihilistic redditard bubble but the real AI god will be more like Prime Intellect
>>
>>7246189
>>7246197
He's going to remember you saying this bros.
>>
>>7246000
the real kicker is that it reaching the point where it's difficult to tell if the mistakes as AI mistakes or artist's "intention"
>>
>>7246226
luckily I'll forget we had this excuse for a conversation by dinner, so I don't care
>>
>>7245982
I'm shocked the attention-whore with discord orbiters turns out to be an aifag.
>>
>>7246070
Kek at the top left pic, is the guy a pissraeli?
A lot of them tend to be Ai"artists" for some reason.
>>
>>7245976
We're suppose to keep it a secret!
>>
>>7246186
This shit is literally Pascal's wager for neckbeards
>>
>>7246546
Pascals wager actually has interesting questions beneath the surface understanding (is a life without God worth living?) while rokos basilisk doesn't. It's just retarded.
>>
>>7246503
No, the retard insulting him is referring to Franklin "Totally Not Another Cripple Tyrant" Delano Roosevelt's internment camps during WWII.
>>
>>7245932
The only thing i wonder is why ai is targeting artists and coders specifically
The elites that finance its development seem to really hate these two groups specifically
>>
>>7246599
because they tried drivers first and turns out people react more strongly when a truck crashes than when a hand gets drawn with extra fingers
>>
File: will draw anyway.png (944 KB, 1238x1730)
944 KB
944 KB PNG
>>7245932
>>
>>7246599
It's not that deep.
Art is subjective so you can get somewhat passable/interesting results even if horribly imperfect. It happens to be that a lot of slop is out there from people trying to gain views and appeal to corporate jobs, so the AI art reflects that sterile nature.

For code, it's somewhat similar. There's a bajillion ways to do a thing, and if it doesn't work its' likely not going to work at all. The promise of AI is that it can "unify" code from various disparate contributors such that it's not a nightmare to debug, adjust, and extend things. Of course it's not reaaaally there yet, but you have to consider this shit is something that even braindead pajeets can do for sub-minimum wage (as long as it's java).

Other industries are experimenting with it. One of the first was NASA using AI to design a better antenna back in like 2011. There's some boutique bike parts company that uses AI to design things like strong+light crank arms. But you don't see a whole lot of this because engineering is all about riding the line where something "just barely works." AI design isn't consistent enough to be worth the hours of doublechecking all the measurements and testing it to ensure that it's within the design spec and won't accidentally kill someone.
Or to put it another way: In more practical industries, it saves time on design, but rapidly increases QA costs to make it not worth it in most cases.
>>
>>7245976
You have achieved faggotry.
Hide all AI threads guys how many times must this be said
>>
File: 1551224323380.jpg (138 KB, 1111x641)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>7246609
>pajeet coding is safer
>>
>>7245932
The directionless composition gives it away like always. Ai can't produce intent. So even if it looks correct, there will always be something "off" when looking at it.

And too be clear, it's not that most people can't tell the difference. Most people just don't care. As long as the results looks good no one cares.
>>
>risque anime girl in a beige void
>art
>>
>>7246186
Bro I'm literally going to destroy Roko and his faggot basilisk lmao
>>
>>7245932
Now generate her farting
>>
>>7246599
It's simple, they're satanic child-eating-and-fucking bugmen. Artists and coders are among the enlightened who create things, and creation is the ultimate good per esoteric rites.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.